This is why people that live in less populated areas generally have a bad experiance with cod. If you do live in a well populated area it is much more controllable for you to manage your cod experiance. And like I said before that six or nine man parties and the parties members locations are spread across the USA you generally are going to have bad games. Two to three man parties are best unless like me I live thirty miles from New Orleans and have over twenty friends that live within a 400 mile radius and when we party up the game runs great for us because our ping stays low and we have a large base of players that join our lobbies.
I try to keep my part localized, but even with a full 6 man party all from the same region I still manage to fall into an international lobby, I blame match making for this non-sense. Glad to see this finally was patched
Excellent and informative post G'
Thanks for taking the time to write that.
So the real question is..... What the hell did they do to this matchmaking system since MW2 (which ran 1000 times better) that completely broke COD. All of these problems started with Black Ops. It seems as though they tweaked the lag balancing settings to make things run a bit better for the 10 percent of people with horrible pings in remote areas with terrible Internet like Mexico. In the process of trying to make things run a little better for the minority of players they ruined the game for the other 90 percent.
There is absolutely no reason I should ever have to play against somebody with a high ping when I live in the middle of that big bright part of the cod map yet my lobbies are usually half full of Mexican players. At least give us back a working local only option. I shouldn't have my game ruined just to give somebody who shares their Internet with their whole village a better experience.
So the real question is..... What the hell did they do to this matchmaking system since MW2 (which ran 1000 times better) that completely broke COD.
This is the question we all should be asking. I'll admit I don't expect the game to run better than MW2 because of all the extra stuff this game requires in order to record more extensive stats, use Theater Mode, and allow live streaming. That still shouldn't account for the 100-200 extra milliseconds of ping we're experiencing
I dont know if matchmaking changed, but lag compensation and the way it works certainly has since MW2. Treyarch have said that they cannot return to the LC set up of MW2 due to the "evolution" of the game. In other words all the unwanted crap they have added.
Simplifying the game would help, I'm sure of it. The more action the game has to process the more vital a few hundred milliseconds of information is.
Here's this metaphor (which I'm adding to the OP):
Imagine you're a photographer and you're taking pictures of two events. A graduation speech and a rave. Considering you understand lag comp and how it works, how much harder would lag comp have to work if it were helping you capture all the moments of a rave vs a grad speech?