LagComp Video Discussion

Black Ops II PlayStation 3

Does it address the "Host advantage"? I'm just speaking from personal experiences and hosting blows goats for me.

dubhicks
asdasdasd21

The only bit worth watching was the first 2 minutes showing how out of sync the game is (and it's biggest problem) with people coming in and out of cover.  I thought at one point he was going to start talking about reptillians and some sort of conspiracy.  It is to do with the whole lag compensation equation and how badly they've implemented it and there is no such thing as host advantage on this game that I've ever seen, it has to be the worst experience ever.  You may get to see people slightly earlier, but it's completely useless as you can't kill them.  I don't call rubber bullets an advantage.

Hamster_Bothere

Now this is where i disagree with you completely, i get host a lot. my internet is not fast, as it don't need to be.

I get 5mb down, with 1024mb up, my line quality is A+, with a static ip and my ps3 on a DMZ.

Yet when i host, I will own, and at times it feels cheap. I can see i have a advantage!

I've never had this much advantage in previous cods,and always been picked as host in previous titles.

Used to host loads of private games on cod4 back in the day, including clan match's when i used to compete on ladders as a clan, and can easily host 18 people with no complaints.

Add me if you wish! and look at my recent games, you will see a pattern.

We all have different levels of skill and play styles, and this can affect peoples perception.

A skilled and aware player can defeat an average player any day, regardless of delay. Only with equally skilled players will you truly see the problem, but even then, you have your own perception to contend with.

Dingby

Dingby wrote:

A skilled and aware player can defeat an average player any day, regardless of delay. Only with equally skilled players will you truly see the problem, but even then, you have your own perception to contend with.

Er no?  As the video shows the player moving round the corner has a 1 to 1.5 second advantage over the other player where he has chance to aim and fire, even the most average of players can manage to get 3 or 4 bullets in your head before you even see him.  This is pretty much my experience of the game, every game, full stop.  There's 2 of us playing at the same time in the same room on 2 playstations and what we're both seeing is completely different.  As for hosting, I never host the big games, but for some reason it keeps giving me host when I play gun game (which I play a lot when the game's being shite) and trust me I know straight away without even looking.  I can blatantly see them before they can see me but my bullets are just doing nothing at all to them and then they look up and bang, dead.  Good luck to you if you're having a wonderful time hosting, but 99% of people posting say it's turd I'm afraid.

Hamster_Bothere

I damn sure guarantee you don't have 1024Mb up with a download that low. You may have 1024 kb.

ChestSplittah

It's very well done clip. Thank you.

In visible way it explains the invisibility cloak given to high ping players.

I belive, it's done by the same guy, who during MW3 days came with a video, where he delayed his latency to finally be able to get some kills. Both films show true intentions of the developers:

DESTROY HOST AND LOW PING PLAYERS , so a litlle Timmy with his 200 ms dsl will get another COD next Xmass. Keep it up, I'm done

Jackal235
Highlighted

If you're a quality host... Not these high ping hosts... Well...

http://www.cansguys.org/graphics/Towellie2.gif

You'll soak yourself in tears...

ChestSplittah

Studios