Keeping it simple, and taking advantage of DLC

Black Ops II PlayStation 3

Out of all the game in the CoD series I found BO the simplest aside from MW. The maps were simple, perks and killstreaks were simple. Overall it didn't have the jaw dropping flare but I enjoyed it immensely.

Here's my idea. With nearly half of all CoD players taking part in DLC why not realse the game in a skeleton form. Very basic with not a whole bunch of bells an whistles. This way players can enjoy the game in it's basic form that way there's few problems and those problems that do exist will be easy to fix.

As the game progresses through it's life DLC can help add to it, giving players new guns, killstreaks, equipments, maps, gamemodes, and so on. If players don't like whatever it is that's released they can simply uninstall that download and return to whatever it is the enjoyed the best.

This was a spur of the moment idea so CONSTRUCTIVE criticism would be much appreciated

Ghamorra Level 75
4 REPLIES 4

Not a real fan of breaking down a game just to pay more to get a full game. When it's all said and done we usually pay close to $100 for 1 game and dlc every year. I rather not have to pay even more just to get more out of the game. I'd like it to be the opposite actually. I want to pay my $60 and have more variety.

mike030270

I'm with you on the price point. It does hurt the wallet when a new CoD comes out, but I'm more tired of having all these problems. I look at it this way $60 for a broken game or $100 for a game that works

Ghamorra Level 75

Lol I never said I was ok with paying $100 for a game.

mike030270
Highlighted

I think you're responding to a pair of poorly performing predecessors and quite rightly you want a playable and solid game. We all do. I also want one that did what MW and WAW did in their day: were spectacular, fun, varied and exciting.

There's no reason Treyarch can't produce a complex, advanced and varied game for release this November and be confident that it will remain stable and consistent. Lessons have surely been learnt in the last 2 years, and moving forwards will involve innovation. This doesn't automatically mean flash with no style. or game clogging fluff. It could mean smoother, smarter, smashing!

RobbieRocket

Studios