I have something from MW3, that I want no part of anymore...

Black Ops II PlayStation 3

I also know there has to be alot that do not either....

Spawn protection. This has to be the biggest "handout" known to gaming. If I am on a roll and happen to have one of those stupid spawn flips...Why must I die to someone that I have the edge on? I mean seriously...Juggernaut? Upon respawn. That needs to be out of the game.

Please Treyarch, Vahn and whomever will read our displeasures with crutches, handouts, or anything of the like. Please leave the spawn protection out of the game.

esmorgue
10 REPLIES 10

Spawn protection is a double edge sword. I find the short end of this feature more often than not when I'm using my AGM or AC-130. I don't think it's right for a few seconds no amount of 100mm cannon fire can kill someone

However, MW3 is the easiest game to spawn trap and since it can be done so quickly it's the only thing that keeps me alive long enough to break the trap. Also spawn protection does protect you from bullet damage, just Airsupport and explosives. I've spawned in front (and I mean IN FRONT) of a guy and died instantly. Once I couldn't tell if I killcam was over since it happened so fast

Ghamorra Level 75

I have just had times when it seems that the spawn protection had helped the enemy while I was shooting at them.

I can understand having some system in place for not just scorching a spawn, but a Predator should not get a hitmarker.

esmorgue

There should be no protection from killstreaks. I worked hard to get my Predator missile. If I see a red square then I'm going to go after it. You want to spawn protect, allow the poor soul momentary invisiblity from radar and killstreaks.

Ghamorra Level 75

True. It seems they implemented that, but also they couldn't be hurt from them upon respawn. Which is craps. Yet another failed concept of rewarding someone who has died. Also, there are plenty of times when I knew there was a CG, AC-130 out on MW2 or MW3 to seek shelter. Yet they choose to help imbeciles that want to keep running with no KS "shielding Perk.

esmorgue

They should keep it for the first few months, because that's when the spawns are just terrible.

weird-guy

Valid point. It would also be helpful for everyone getting used to the game at first. Kudos.... After a month or two it needs to go. Hopefull it won't be in the game. Though if they are going to build on top of MW3 engine, they remove it period.

esmorgue

They still die in one shot with a throwing knife ahaha.

denacioust

True but that is ridiculous that you can die by a knife instantaneous and not by bullets. It is time for CoD to step away from that nonsense.

esmorgue

Actually, on the infamous 'A' spawn on Dome at the beginning of the match, players can still be killed by bullets through the fence. Unless they fixed that. It may be cheap, but what do you expect from a gaming company that rather release New maps, Gun updates, and Patches for glitches, instead of fixing a simple spawn readjustment.

denacioust

Studios