I dont know what the big deal is?

Black Ops II PlayStation 3

A lot of you are complaining that this game will be to futeristic. I want to just point out that every CoD past CoD 4 has been placed in the future at this point. Plus the military has a lot of this stuff already in their aresenal its just not widely known because its not used as much because they dont (From Woods; saying) want the enemy stealing the keys. I am sure that most of you complaining have complained that the WW2 CoDs need to be modernized. Its not like there are going to be plasma bullets or heat seeking grenades. Most of its just and extremly advanced versionsof the UGV we saw in MW3

cardzfan1
9 REPLIES 9

The problem going this far into the future is what kinds of technologies will be available to players to dispatch the opposing team and how they'll affect gameplay. Some weaponry they've already teased at seems... Overpowered and unbalanced in many regards. For example: one rumour that has been floating around for a while now is "heat-vision" - see enemy players through walls. Not to mention mass amounts of drones and mechanical AI. Ideas like that seem a bit too farfetched for a series that has its' feet firmly set in Modern Warfare and previous wars.

Players are reprehensive when taken out of their comfort zone, not by a new environment, but by new mechanics. All these new aspects and factors mentioned in the trailers, documentaries and advertising campaigns by 3arc and Activision have the potential to affect how the game is played massively, just spitballing, but perhaps to the point where it's not even Call of Duty anymore?

All that aside, if they keep the base formula of Call of Duty with more tweaks the community has asked for, more so than the 'advancements' made with MW3 and BO, then the game will be great, it will sell great, it will review great. Lah. Dee-dah. Dee-dah.

Oh, and just a little side-note: CoD 4 is based in the tail end of 2011 and came out in '07, so technically it was set in the future, but only by a reasonable degree, the same as with MW2 and MW3.

Grayewsable

Overpowered is probably the most overused word in Call of Duty.

I'm excited about the new game.

mike030270

Nope, camper. People call everyone a camper, when they just suck.

EndofGame1

mike030270 - Does that make it any less true?

Grayewsable

Yes. There is no such thing as an overpowered gun in this game. People whine and complain when killed by any gun. All the guns can dominate if used correctly. It's so annoying hearing people complain about some gun that is overpowered because they were killed by it so much. Which then leads to the devs changing it to please the annoying masses.

mike030270

Should I use layman's terms?

Overpowered means... *massive intake of breath* over-powerful compared to it's peers (stab in the dark).

So the ACR, a non-recoil Assault Rifle is not more powerful than the F2000? - a gun that has massive recoil, the same magazine count, the same damage, more clustered iron sights and only a slightly higher fire rate?

The list goes on:

M16A4 vs. M14

MP40 vs. M1 Garand

Famas vs. M16

Type 95 vs. CM901

Yes, all the guns can dominate if used correctly, but is the opinion that some guns will dominate more often in more situations not also true? By this logic, of course the gun that performs better in more situations than most of the other weapons in it's category will be used more often!

Grayewsable

Seriously? Common sense dude. Every gun has its flaws and its points were it owns. Point is someone gets killed by a gun more than once and they all of a sudden brand it overpowered.

mike030270
Highlighted

"Overpowered" That word is used way too much. Some guns are just easy to use and are popular. If you like it use it.

FrankTheTank_84

Can't wait for the new direction of the game. And is it really that big of a change. Sure it's 13 years from now and many people are trolling on here about how C.O.D. is suppost to be about evenst that happened. Are all the Modern Warefare games based on events that have actually happend? No. Anyways i think it will give us some cool new toys to play with. I'm sure the story line will be good to. I buy it for the multiplayer, but always enjoy a good story too.

FrankTheTank_84

Studios