Help for a Noob! :)

Black Ops II PlayStation 3

Hello guys, I have recently gotten into playing fps on my PS3 and i think its kinda cool to be good on a console. Therefor i have started a quest to become good at BO2! but problem is, i have only played two other fps games, this is my actually first Call of duty on ps3 and the first game i have had the will to actually put some effort in to becomming good!

So Any tips for a guy who wants to become good is much appreciated. Think its mostly about practice a lot. but also I though it might be good to become good with a common look sens simply for the reason to turn as fast as the "better" players, or is there some of the best having succes with sens on like 2-3???

I have tryed to find some streams of good players, playing hardcore, the normal stuff with a crosshair and superman health is not appealing to me. So if you know a skilled ps3 BO2 player streaming, I would love to get a link!

Native is Danish, sorry for spelling mistakes etc.

Over and Out!

Zipain
13 REPLIES 13

Find a good player and play in a suport role. Preferably someone who is willing to help. Watching they way they work high traffic areas and travel routes can be VERY helpful.

Watch the whole screen. Many newbies get tunnel vision and end up Flank-Shanked(TM) constantly.

Lastly, spend some time in custom games with no one else and get to the know maps so you are not learning maps soley in live games.

Doc_SoCal

Thanks a lot for the quick response!

Think if i could find a good youtuber, that first part could be done by watching him then on youtube?

Zipain

Glad to help.

You tube will help a little but you will learn more by playing. Preferably while you two are talking. YouTube tends to be the extremes in playstyles.

I break in new players by talking them through the basics in a party via chat headset or better, locally while I watch them play and give tips.

Playing bot matches on high difficulty is also a great way to learn while not being slaughtered in a public match.

My top tip.... Stay cool, play calm and you will prevail. Lose your cool and your reactions tend to go to hell in a hurry.

Doc_SoCal

Very informative!

i will do consider and test all these tips out!

Thanks again!

Zipain

Cheers mate, glad to help.

Looking forward to when most threads here are helping each other out, talking about the game, etc...

Doc_SoCal

Ye that would be nice!

Was actually surprised not to find tons of sensetivity questions, guess im just a bigger noob than the most! ^^

I just ordered a fps freek kontrolfreek for my joystick, hopefully it will help me a bit with dragging the pad too much too fast! and should give me the option to play at higher sense right away, i hopeSmiley Happy so i can do those 180turns with np! =)

I sadly don't have the option of a person to talk me through the game and help, but i have played a lot fps on pc specially black ops 1 and mw2, so its pretty much the aim i need to practice!

Would be really nice if there was a thread of youtubers that play hardcore on ps3, atleast i feel i learn a lot by watching good players play, and get ideas for my own small tricks.

btw. is it possible to play the league ladder thing on hardcore? so far i can only find the option to play it normal mode, guess its something with prestige or level?

Zipain

Hey Zipain,

I sent you a private message here on the forum, with being new I didn't know if you'd know how to tell if you have a message in your inbox or not so just letting you know here.

koluke

Hey saw your message, im from EU and i belive this might be a US based forum? if you are from us atleast time and lag would be a problem i belive! :/

Zipain

I'm British I believe you are one hour ahead.

koluke

Studios