Hardcore mode = campers?

Black Ops II PlayStation 3

Hardcore mode = campers?

So every once in a while I try different game modes (I'm a core TDM whore) and switch to hardcore. What I notice is that my run and gun "style" is completely ineffective, and that most of the time others are just sitting around, hiding behind a canister or something, firing off rounds and killing me with ease as I run about.

Is it that I suck that bad (I mean, I know I suck, but in Hardcore I am even worse!) or is it that Hardcore is not meant for my "style" of play? If I so choose to play Hardcore, should I equip a loadout that is meant to dig in and camp, or do I just need more practice?

Edit: I should add that in no way am I using the term "camper" in a derogatory manner.

Ripyeet_Offende
6 REPLIES

Re: Hardcore mode = campers?

in reply to Ripyeet_Offende

I think any game mode where there is a respawn delay you will find more "campers"

HC TDM can be hit or miss.  In BO2 there is a bit less camping than in previous games as the HC players have little choice (so the more aggressive players can be found in TDM).  Traditionally I hate TDM (both core and HC) because a team can potentially win by shooting long range across the map.

I have been finding HC TDM on BO2 a bit more pleasant (not saying good, just better)

What may suit your fancy: get some friends together and play HC CTF.  Is there camping? that is like asking is the sky blue (some things are obvious and cannot be influenced). However, you have to know that if a team has any chance of winning, they have to get off their butts (but be mindful of the defenders... which is totally legit and required)

RLBL

I should explain: the reason I ask is because, though I like Hardcore (a couple shot kills seems much more realistic than 3 shots to the head with my SMG to kill), I am terrible at camping. I have tried, and generally I am that guy who gets a shot off at you, then you turn around and kill, then laugh as I slap myself in the forehead. So if HC is meant for camping and this is a well known fact in the community, then I obviously missed the memo and will stay out or get better. But at least I know now.

I also really like CTF and Domination, so maybe I will start playing those more. I just need to make some friends.

Ripyeet_Offende

HC is my favorite game mode. I am a run and gun but in HC you need to slow down. Learn the maps and camping spots helps a lot. Play it for a week and you will get the hang of it. Every time I play with my clan, they usually play core, it takes me 4-5 games to change my play.

Nugatu

It's a much slower paced gamemode. Without killcam you can use strategy more effectively as you don't have to worry about a peeping tom forcing you to always be on the move

Ghamorra Level 75

To all the hardcore guys out there, the only way to get the  attention wee need is not buying the SEASON PASS, till some new HARDCORE mode is added to the BO2. I'm not saying you should buy the season pass but, we can use this to get they attention.

Lets do that guys,

Add this comment to as many post you can, lets show then that without us, ( the players) they are nothing. together you can do this.

RJ from CT

RUIJUNIOR

HC TDM - is exactly that. I'm a huge HC fan - loved HC DOM, HC KC - but I almost never play HC TDM in MW3. There is no objective - so most players just "wait" for someone to turn that corner.

Unless - they're a clan - in that case they just keep running & getting kills. I don't know why people play HC TDM - but almost always HC TDM has more players on it than any of the other HC modes (even in MW3).

I started HC TDM in BO2 - because it didn't have HC DOM or HC KC. It took me a few days - but I'm now through with it. 80% of the HC TDM games I was on ended because Time-Limit reached.

mn7_la1

Studios