Ghost is so counterproductive!

Black Ops II PlayStation 3

In an attempt to stay off the radar, I'm running CONSTANTLY!!!

Which is NEVER a good thing, but it's the stopping to reload, pick up a gun, swap a gun, lay explosive, take a look at the map, jump behind some cover... All of which mean I pop up on the map/radar instantly!

I get it! I haven't got too much of a problem with the general concept, although it wouldn't be my personal preference, but come on! Give us a chance! Can we at least get 3/4seconds to catch our breath?!

If you're a rusher/flanker and you're trying to get into their spawn etc, it only takes the split sec when you appear to give you away, and you've lost the advantage.

I'm running in to confrontations staring at the mini map and monitoring my icon, subsequently I enevitably lose any advantage!

In its current state and with all the CONSTANT UAV, it's useless! Smiley Sad

May as well take it out all together and actually give all the wingers, that are still winging and will always wing about something or other, what they originally wanted in the first place.

N8thanAshley1
23 REPLIES 23

Ghost doesn't protect you when you spawn into a match. So if the enemy has radar up and you spawn in your position is immediately shown and you won't be granted protection until you move 5ft. At that point you become hiddne. Where this fail is on maps like Hijacked where its common for enemy players to occupy the second floor of the ship. If a UAV is up they can easily pick off players as they can easily pick off players as they spawn

I was watching a friend play and noticed that you can't even do natural actions like looking out a window without popping up on radar. He literally walked to a window looked left, looked straight ahead, then looked right and he was no longer protected. By the time he turned around a guy who was just going to run through the house on Yemen and not even go upstairs turned around when he came up on radar and killed him

Now let's talk about it uselessness with shooting stuff down. Most of these maps place you between large objects so even getting within visual contact with a UAV means having to wait for it to appear. This is rough as just the lock-on process takes 3 secs which is how long you're hidden with Ghost. I always run a launcher on all my classes and at least once per match shooting down a UAV gets me killed

To climbing ladders and through windows. I'll use Express for this one as there's an action I do regularly that gets me killed. The middle of the map has a small room you have to either climb a ladder or through the window to get too. Both of these methods take longer the 3 secs to do and if you choose to climb it takes roughly 5 sec for you to move the space necessary to remain hidden

Now to gun fights. I don't know many people who consistently move during a gun fight, especially when fighting over an objective and there's concentrated firing. So what's the purpose of having Ghost in gamemodes like DEMO where a single bombsite can have 12 people fighting over it. Moving consistently enough to remain hidden will just get you killed

So what's the advantage here? The only thing Ghost is good for is if you need to cover large distances uninterrupted

Ghamorra Level 75

ghamorra wrote:

So what's the advantage here? The only thing Ghost is good for is if you need to cover large distances uninterrupted

They really should rename ghost to "the thing you need to spawn rush with your SMG".

Not as concise but a hell of a lot more accurate.

ShardTWN

I miss the old ghost too, but majority of the community despised ghost in black ops. Treyarch, as a result, took action with the express playlist in that game, and further went on to nerf ghost in this one..

It's what the community wanted, so don't blame this one on treyarch.

740UKills1

The majority of the whiners wanted it! Not the majority of the community! The majority of the community were happy with things the way they were.

N8thanAshley1

If you prefer whiners, then so be. But these whiners, unfortunately, are apart of the community whether you like it or not. If they purchased the game with their hard earned cash, and play it, they are apart of the community and have a say on what should or should not be changed in the game.

Clearly there are a heavy amount of people in the community who disliked ghost if treyarch listened and made the changes.

740UKills1

A very vocal minority

N8thanAshley1

I see your point. Well put. However, what's done is done. I'm in the group that felt ghost was fine, and as a result, there was no need for me to say aanything, which is another good point from ghamorra.

740UKills1

No, it's just those that disliked Ghost were vocal. Those who didn't care or liked it didn't say anything because there was nothing to say

Now look at what happened when Ghost was changed for the worse. You start to see everyone who was okay with it start to express themselves and by the looks of it more people are upset with the changes than those who were against Ghost in Black Ops or Assassin in MW3

Ghamorra Level 75

lets just give everyone ghost so no one shows up on the radar good idea

Sharp_

Studios