Fresh Start Failure.

Black Ops II PlayStation 3

Fresh Start Failure.

So I am fairly new to FPS, and the COD. Last night I hit level 55 and was stoked to prestige. Well, I didn't really know what to do to prestige, and based off of my lack of understanding what prestiging actually is(which I wanted to do), I choose the "fresh start" option. Now I am level 1. No prestige, and reset stats. Suffice to say, I am bummed. I wish thtat there were a grace period to reverse this. I didn't fully understand what the fresh start was, and now that I do, I am not stoked about it. I should be working on my second prestige today...not working to get back to my first. Help.

KennyKillisDead
18 REPLIES

Re: Fresh Start Failure.

in reply to KennyKillisDead

Oh, that's so sad.

A tip to the developers - better not grant "reset" option until after say Prestige 10 - that way you'll save any new players that aren't yet acquainted with the game from facing what the OP has faced.

MN

mn7_la1

I am sorry this happened however, what did you expect would happen if you clicked Fresh Start?

TheBeastlyDude

Bummer but you are likely going to have to chaulk this one up to learning the hard way.

Fortunately that first pres will go by faster the second time since you are better at the game now... right?

Good luck.

Doc_SoCal

I don't understand why anyone in their right mind would want to wipe out all their stats and progress and start all over again.

I realize you did it by accident but I don't understand why the option even exists.

???

sstang1

in reply to sstang1

My friend did it so he could use his 0 prestige as practice to learn the maps. He ended up with a low KDR. So he resetted, knows the maps and better ways to play and now has better stats. If you play for stats, this is a good way to go.

TheBeastlyDude

in reply to TheBeastlyDude

The only thing is, you loose all the kills you already racked up? Plus, resetting in my mind doesn't show the bad games you had during the "learning curve" so how is that an accurate reflection in terms of stats??? I'm not trying to be an a**. I just don't understand why it would be a *more* accurate reflection of ability or accomplishment.

ZvErS

in reply to ZvErS

Not more accurate, just not letting those learning curve games cost against you.

TheBeastlyDude

I thought it would  wipe your k/d w/l but upon futher inspection i read it slower lol but yeah save it for 10th. Better yet why even have it

Thembones1

its for people who play poor at the start like most games and then once they get the hang of things reset stats 1st prestige then go from there

imho its a good move from the devs

AC_786

Studios