Engineer Users Deserve XP!

Black Ops II PlayStation 3

Destroying enemy equipment earns you XP, correct?

RemoteViewer187

Detonating them doesn't, correct?

So you figure that because you are wearing a perk that delays said detonation and spares you from dying by it, you should get XP for it. Interesting idea.. not saying you are wrong... but no, it does not make sense.  (Why would someone then not get extra XP for ducking under a betty.. I detonated it right!?)

By that logic, you should get extra XP for using blind eye and shooting down air support. Imagine that...

pts for shooting down the air support (everyone gets)

pts for completing BE challenges (already exists)

but now: I get an extra bonus because I was using BE while shooting down the air support!?

Hell... why not give extra points to someone for using cold blooded while they kill a TF user, because hell.. it helps the team by killing the person

hmm

No, it does not make sense (to me anyways).

RLBL

I also have mentioned that all players should get XP for ducking bouncing bettys.

Your blind eye example: yes using it makes it easier to avoid getting killed while shooting down aircraft, but it doesn't shoot down the aircraft.

Your cold blooded example: yes using it makes it easier to avoid getting killed while killing a TF user, but it doesn't kill the TF user.

My engineer example: using it allows you to destroy enemy bouncing bettys and claymores by triggering them, the perk accomplishes the destruction (not JUST help the player accomplish something like your other examples).

RemoteViewer187

RemoteViewer187 wrote:

I also have mentioned that all players should get XP for ducking bouncing bettys.

Yep I missed that my bad...

But then if you think about it...

The perk should give you nothing extra than simply detonating the equipment...If you think about it, you contradicted yourself.  This thread should be: Destroying enemy equipment in all fashions (nades, and detonation) should give XP (perk regardless)

That would be a more interesting topic for sure.

edit: contradiction is not quite what I mean.. I think it is more a redundancy. It is not using the perk that should give the XP by your argument, it is the detonation of the equipment (whether or not one is using the perk)

Message was edited by: rlbl

RLBL

I didn't contradict myself, as your suggested title is in fact my point.

I just picked a catchy title to draw people in,

even though it doesn't specifically outline my argument.

RemoteViewer187

yep edited my post

RLBL

Do you think people are disagreeing with me because they didn't read my OP? They just saw the title and didn't like it?

RemoteViewer187

maybe just the last line of your OP... then people read through the comments and form an opinion havind started off on the wrong foot (just like I did)

When I (finally) understood it... it is an interesting suggestion for sure.

RLBL

destroying a betty is not the same as triggering it by running over it.

destroying a betty takes any chance away from it being lethal.

tripping it makes it go off and becomes lethal.

that difference is the reason you dont get xp for tripping it.

its no difference then surviving explosives with FJ.

it should not get you XP just because you survived a explosion.

TRU11

Bang! and there it is. That is a good example (better than my failed attempts)

RLBL

Studios