Engineer Users Deserve XP!

Black Ops II PlayStation 3

yes, but the method of accomplishing it various greatly. Takes no effort to "trigger" them by walking near them or on them. Shot them and move on

PERSEUS1

I'll agree to disagree.

I'll ask you this though:

If there was a way for the game to difetentiate between "spray and pray" and purposeful aiming, and well placed grenades vs grenade spam...would you support only counting kills if the players "called his shot" so to speak?

RemoteViewer187

ok then, then how would the developers code the game so that the game will know between a purposeful "trigger" and a mistakenly "triggered"? you cannot unless you know the motives of every single player, have a database on how they play and base the codes off the community. This is probably impossible as people join and leave the community and ever single person in different. So wasting money to add this into the game would not be beneficial. Also, if people took the time to look at the differences of spray and pray and purposeful aiming, we can get a general and specific idea on the differences. Also, well placed grenades and grenade spam is very diferentiated. Well placed grenades take time to be thrown to a certain spot (like a B dom flag, or a A bomb site) and spammed grenades are just thrown in the air just for a lucky kill or the motive of possibly getting a kill.

GrimReaper18111

For the sake of argument, just to gauge how much you guys care about players only getting XP for intentional actions, would you support the technology I mentioned?

RemoteViewer187

If game developers could diferentiate Spraying and praying and purposeful aiming, it really would be revolutionary because not only could they diferentiate that, but multiple others, for example, they could add titles and challenges that are hidden and can only be unlocked if players have had sprayed and prayed etc. which would be different. All in all, i would agree to the technology but to impliment it into the game may be difficult and challenging, but would be interesting if they do find the tech to do it and interesting to see how they impliment it

GrimReaper18111

So in your opinion not all kills and not all destruction of equipment should count towards XP?

RemoteViewer187

Half and half, like you said, a kill is a kill, but it would be very intelligent of Treyarch to add in that assist points depend on the amount of damage dealt to the enemy which makes it more rewarding for both teammates. But don't get me wrong, I support your ideas, like it would be interesting if they used the technology you proposed to determine the accidental throwing an emp grenade destroying a claymore and the actual purpose of throwing an emp. Or they can try and only reward destruction of equipment when players use engineer making it unique and possibly  making it more used by players

GrimReaper18111

So you want players to have to "call their shots" like in pool essentially?

To you, it doesn't matter if you sink the 8 ball, unless you knew which pocket beforehand.

It doesn't matter if you killed an enemy, unless you specifically intended to do so?

RemoteViewer187

To a certain extent, I do strongly believe that you must have the purpose of killing the enemy, kinda like in pool, getting in all of the stripes or solids (depending which you made in first) before the opposition does to win the game by sinking the 8 ball. But this is only with Gun kills and knife etc. Tacticals and Grenades are different, you can have the purpose of trying to kill the enemy who are planting a bomb or the flag but you cannot always have the purpose because half the time you are probably just throwing the grenade in the air hoping to kill someone or to see if anyone is in the desired destination that you want to go into

GrimReaper18111

RemoteViewer187 wrote:

If there was a way for the game to difetentiate between "spray and pray" and purposeful aiming, and well placed grenades vs grenade spam...would you support only counting kills if the players "called his shot" so to speak?

you cant compare shooting something to walking by it, and this spray and pray thing what has that to do with triggering a claymore or betty?

Calling shots? Your going into the deep end guy, this thread has lots its marbles (no insult intended)

PERSEUS1

Studios