Engineer Users Deserve XP!

Black Ops II PlayStation 3

When using engineer, you trigger bouncing bettys and claymores with a delay.

When you destroy a bouncing betty or claymore, you get XP for helping your team.

So why don't engineer users recieve XP for purposely triggering (thereby destroying) bouncing bettys or claymores?

Also non-engineer users who purposely trigger and duck bouncing bettys should recieve XP.

RemoteViewer187
50 REPLIES 50

How would the game know you triggered it on purpose and not accidental?

TheBeastlyDude

Even if you trigger it by accident, your actions caused the destruction of enemy equipment, and nobody got hurt.

Even if somebody did get hurt, that doesn't stop you from getting XP if you SHOOT the bouncing betty or claymore.

RemoteViewer187

Why do you need more points in this game for something you could have done without any knowledge of doing? It's like "Here you walked by a bouncing betty and didn't die, here's 50 points". At least when you shoot it, you acknowledged it to destroy it.

TheBeastlyDude

It awards XP for the destruction of equipment from randomly thrown grenades and EMP grenades...

The intent of the players does not matter, so long as his actions ultimately caused the destruction of the the bouncing betty or claymore.

RemoteViewer187

I must have missed it but I didn't know that triggering and ducking a bouncing betty gave any XP regardless of the perk selection.  Shooting them or destroying them with lethals and tacticals sure but I've never noticed simple triggering of them doing it.

phxs72

Don't agree at all, leveling is already too easy.

SawYer11

leveling is pretty easy, you can prestige in a day if people really tried. Also, there is no point on spending money to implant this in game if they can spend money on fixing other things. like they spent money on two camo drops (the dlc for all ps3 and xbox users and the new 2 camos for xbox) when they could use that money to prevent hackers in old cod games and to maintain a gaming environment that is fun for all players. i played kino der toten a week ago and the lag was so bad even when i had a four bar, that bullets were not registering and i would walk and shoot like i was on a one bar.

GrimReaper18111

shot them instead of "triggering" them.

PERSEUS1

I agree, but it SHOULD have originally been developed to count as XP.

Shooting and triggering accomplish the same thing...

RemoteViewer187

Studios