Does Search and Destroy need special rules to accomodate the gamemode?

Black Ops II PlayStation 3

1. Who cares if the split screener has an advantage by peeking, they play the whole game with a disadvantage of not seeing everything like a full screen would.

2. Different low killstreaks just for SnD? Yeah lets make the dogs a 3 killstreak, are you crazy?

3. Do not remove explosives. Just counter them with a flak jacket if you have to.

4. Do not remove perks. Again, there are ways to counter them. For example, if you know the Recon perk is being used by an enemy then use the Dead Silence perk, which reduces the effect of the Recon perk.

In regards to 3. and 4. - They have game modes in the Barebones section that only allow certain perks and/or killstreaks.

5. I've never really been a big fan of death streaks but I think in SnD they might be ok. Did ya ever have a bad game and go 0-5? enough said.

I like SnD how it is now. Esp that in MW3 you get a point for your streak by planting or defusing the bomb.

But I do not like on MW3 how you cannot see the person planting or defusing the bomb on the minimap because the green A or B is overlapping the green teammate arrow. How many times have you ran to go to defuse the bomb in time only to get there and someone has already laying there defusing it but you couldn't see him on your minimap?

But anyways, the main thing that needs to be fixed with SnD is that the lobby should be locked after a team reaches 3 won rounds. Nothing is more irritating than getting a loss game even though you didn't get to spawn, or to have the whole SnD game load only to end up right back in the SnD lobby. If the score is 0-3 and the 0 team starts to rage quit, just do a forefeit.

kiIIa_Iesbo

Again, I don't understand why people need advantages to counter something that is clearly their fault. If they're not happy with the small screen they have then they shouldn't be playing splitscreen. The advantage of peeking far outwheighs the disadvantage you get from having a small screens. In the upcoming years with 3D technology gamers won't have to worry about giving up half the tv to play with a friend

I wasn't saying make dogs a 3 killstreak, that's the stupidest assumption you can make. I have heard arguments made though that less powerful killstreaks should be a point or two less than what they are. Attack Heli being a 5-6 pointstreaks as opposed to 7. Just to make things a little more interesting. I've played many S&D matches where the highest killstreak is Ballistic Vests. That's a little boring

Ghamorra Level 75

In all actuality...I kindof hope that the speculation of there being something added to the game that gives you the ability to see silenced weapon users position actually is in the game. Make some man up and make noise.

esmorgue

I'm not so sure about that. People who use silencers are already at a huge disadvantage when it comes the the dramatic decrease in weapon damage. That alone is covers the fact they don't appear on radar when using a silencer

Ghamorra Level 75

I honestly have never noticed a dropoff in damage or range. Well maybe range a little.

esmorgue

only snipers have a drop in damage itself but u have to know that when it says the range is decreased, it means the effective shot range. so if an enemy is 100 ft away the weapon might kill in 3 shots without a silencer, but with one the the target must be around the 75-80 ft area for the same results. now for snipers the dragunov is a one shot kill for a headshot, well with a silencer, even a headshot wont kill the target in one shot. snipers are the only weapons that lose damage from a silencer, and to slightly help the sniper w/ silencer problem, consider adding impact to it because the profiency considers a silencer to be an extra object for the bullet to travel through so the bullet is slightly increased in damage. now for other weapons, this combo has no effect because it is only the sniper that loses damage with a silencer

NinjaLord581

I refuse to believe this. I've tested it out on many guns. Mk14 silenced is a 2 shot up close without a silencer. With a silencer (even within 5ft on some parts of the body) it's a 3 shot. As soon as you move to 15ish feet away it's a 3. So the drop off on range starts after 5 or so feet. They might as well just label it a reduction in damage at that point instead of advertising it as a loss in range

Ghamorra Level 75

I have never noticed a drop in SMG range or damage, since at least W@W. I have shot a Sniper without him being able to fire one shot on Resistance with a MP7/kick/silencer. He was on the patio over looking B, I was behind the van in front of the clothing store. Short range weapon with a supposed range drop equals failure in development.

esmorgue

I agree, the SMGs in BO and MW3 are far to powerful and accurate in ranged combat

Ghamorra Level 75

I thought that UMP in MP40 & UMP were bad. Hell now you don't even need SP. THERE IS NO POSSIBLE WAY a SMG would out gun a AR in combat. Hell, where are SMGs even equipped to soldiers in combat?

esmorgue

Studios