The weapon sounds, bad matching, freezing, etc have people already looking forward to MW4 in the lobbies.

Black Ops II General Discussion

Re: The weapon sounds, bad matching, freezing, etc...

in reply to DiNj01

NO WAY

8_x

Sounds better in MW3?

The fact that sounds can be heard over 30 meters in MW3 gives you a point, but the gunsounds in BO2 is miles and miles better: They actually SOUND like guns.
There's an explosion driving the bullet out of the barrel -- not a drum or beatbox.

TWO weapons sounded like real weapons in MW3: RSASS and CM901.

In Black Ops 2 -- when you actually can hear the gunshots, they actually sound like gunfire.

The lack of sounds / range of sounds, lack of weapon balance (why is SCAR-H useless on short, medium and long range? Why is PDW-57 good on short, medium and long range??) makes me miss MW3 -- where only the MP7 and ACR are overpowered, and the Mk14 borderlining in the shadows.

ADW1983

in reply to ADW1983

I'd add the UMP45 rapid fire to that high powered MW3 list.

But that makes sense, because a .45 ACP round is a heavy hitter, and a couple of those hit you and you are toast.

So in MW3, you have a hire fire rate with the ACR (.556 round; same as the M16, M4, etc), a high fire rate with the MP7 (9mm; muzzle velocity of around 1300 fps; a nasty round), the MK14 (probably a .763 NATO round; same round in an AK47; powerful round), and the rapid fire UMP45.

Except for the MK14, all of these guns excel because of the high fire rate. That is the bottom line.

ADW, I assume you have fired handguns and rifles? And you think that tinny BOPS2 sound is lifelike? I ask seriously, because the real guns I have fired have a HUGE HUGE amount of bass and low end.

8_x

Indeed.
I use headphones, so I get the quality of full surround and full effect of bass, and I run the "headphones" and/or "supercrunch" sound setting in BLOPS2.

Black Ops 2 sounds more like gunfire than MW3.

ADW1983

in reply to ADW1983

ok, i will try my headphones and the crunch

8_x
Highlighted

in reply to ADW1983

adw1983 wrote:

Sounds better in MW3?

The fact that sounds can be heard over 30 meters in MW3 gives you a point, but the gunsounds in BO2 is miles and miles better: They actually SOUND like guns.
There's an explosion driving the bullet out of the barrel -- not a drum or beatbox.

TWO weapons sounded like real weapons in MW3: RSASS and CM901.

In Black Ops 2 -- when you actually can hear the gunshots, they actually sound like gunfire.

You are just kidding right????
:-)

Albysky

Studios