WTF is going on with XBOX 360 and BO3

Black Ops 3 Xbox 360

Join room.....KDR is going up.....really getting into my grove......WTF, Connection Interuppted!!! OK, no biggie

Join another room.....doing good (but not like previouse room)......WTF, Connection Interrupted, AGAIN!!!! Starting to get upset!

Start again.....LAGGING SO BAD....Leave room

The lagging and Connection Interuppted is really annoying. Is there going to be a fix for this? Is there a fix for this?

As of now, Microsoft just puts the blame on my ISP. Why does my ISP have to assign me a "public" IP address to resolve the "NAT is set to Moderate" issue?

I think Microsoft knows that MANY ISP's will not assign a residential address with a "public" IP address so Microsoft can put the blame somewhere other than their servers.

I feel Microsoft or Activision has ripped me off by selling me a LEMON.

BL00DPIG
13 REPLIES 13
Hi there!

You can check the server status at any time by going here: https://www.callofduty.com/blackops3/status/
If it's on Defcon 5, we're all good. The lower it is, the more issues you might mind.

I just checked on my brothers XBOX and his connection is fine. It'll be an Issue on your end. There are a few things that could give you lag/disconnections:

- If someone else is on your wifi, it could give you lag. Especially if other people are on applications like Netflix or Youtube.
- Your XBOX is far away form the router, giving you weak signal.
- Your router is blocked, stopping connection form getting to it's target.

Have you tried unplugging your router and xbox for 5 minutes, plugging back in and trying again?
If that still does not work. Try resetting your router to it's factory settings, by going to 192.168.0.1 or whatever your routers address is.

Let me know how it goes, Regards, Revo.
RevoDown__
Yea...I have the link to the server status already. My connection to XBOX Live is not the issue. Its when playing BO3 Multiplayer I get lag issues and connection interrupted issue.
When this first happened I unplugged EVERYTHING from my modem, except the Xbox 360, and turned the wifi settings to "off".
I have a 6 foot Ethernet cable running from modem to Xbox.
As far as the "NAT is set to Moderate" issue, My ISP says there is no way for me to get a "public" IP address for a private residence.
From all the forums and answers to this question seem to be the BO3 servers are just not up to par.

BL00DPIG

Hi there,

Having a Moderate NAT in-game is due to a port not being open,

The key port for BO3 in-game is 3075 UDP/TCP.

Are you able to configure your router ?   Have you configured your router before ?

You should be able to assign your xbox 360 console a static IP (reservation) in your router, then you can port forward the necessary ports.

Xbox 360

• TCP:     80
  • UDP :   88
  • TCP and UDP:  53, 1863, 3074, 3075 (BO3)

The above are general xbox 360 console ports, as well as the COD port number.

Your ISP should be able to guide you through the process of port forwarding.  

An alternate option is to assign your 360 a static IP address in your router, and then place that IP address into the DMZ of the router.

Without knowing how your entire home network is set up, i cant provide a single solution. However, I hope the above information helps Smiley Happy

If you need any more help, feel free to ask questions.

Kind regards

________
FalconR6 | Community Forum Moderator

Moderator Moderator

I did as you suggested with no luck. I'm still getting connection interupted and my NAT is still set to moderate.

BL00DPIG

Do you have more than one console on your home network ?

Check that your IP on your console, and tht one you have prot forwarded to are the same.

To clarify, if you have put your console into the DMZ, you don't want to use port forwarding as well ..... it's one or the other.

We should be able to nut this one out for you.

*remember, whenever you make console / router changes you need to then power cycle both so that they sync up.

________

Moderator Moderator

The IP on my console and the one added to the port forwarding rules are the same. The DMZ is disabled. All Port Forwarding Rules are enabled. When I use the Open Port Check Tool, none of them are open.

When you say "You should be able to assign your Xbox 360 a static IP in your router", what do you mean? I have a static IP on my Xbox 360 configured through the Xbox 360. How would I do this in my router/modem? I have a Hitron CGNM-2250-SDL (CGNM3) router/modem.screen.png

BL00DPIG

Ok..I think I have why the port-forwarding is not working. I have to the Xbox 360's IP and Mac address to the DHCP Reservation. The problem is, in my router/modem, it says that the LAN DHCP Status is "Enabled" but, I can not click on the "DHCP Reservation" tab. Also, the static IP I choose does not fall within the DHCP range...lol. Technology sucks Smiley Happy

BL00DPIG

At this point I would advise to give Hitron CS a call. Hopefully they can work it out for you.

I'm pleased to see that you are on the correct path though.

________

Moderator Moderator

I have found out that Hitron is not a big fan of port forwarding...hahaha. The solution (for now) to MY port forwarding issue is , on the  Hitron CGNM-2250-SDL (CGNM3) , to run the  static IP for my Xbox 360 in DMZ. 

Another solution I found is to buy a router, port forwarding capable and  for use with my Xbox 360 only, put the Hitron CGNM-2250-SDL (CGNM3) in BRIDGE MODE and do the port forwarding through the router. 

I'm thinking of just getting a new modem that IS port forwarding capable. The only issue is, I have Suddenlink as my ISP and they are very adimit about which modems are compatiable with their service. I have to do more research to find what the best solution for me is. Is there a good, inexpeinsive ($75) router you would recomend if I decide to go that direction? Out of the list below, which do you think would be my best bet?

Here is the list of compatiable modems for my ISP. They are all DOCSIS 3.0

Arris     CM820

Arris/Motorola       SB6141, SB6183, SBG6400, SBG6580, 

Arris/Motorola        SBG6700-AC, SBG6782-AC, SBG6900-AC

BL00DPIG

Studios