YEAR OLD BUG THAT THEY REFUSE TO FIX!!!--Weapon Kit Bug NEEDS FIXING!!! I'm not the only one many others are affected by this as well.

Black Ops 3 Support

For anyone that reads this, if you have this problem please reply to the links below and I'll add you to it in hopes of getting this fixed. Thank You.

https://community.callofduty.com/t5/Black-Ops-3-Zombies/Massive-bug-need-help-to-fix/m-p/10256326#M1...

https://community.callofduty.com/t5/Black-Ops-3-Support/ATVI-Support-please-help/m-p/10256322#M54030

I am having the issue that many other Zombies players are having.  If you prestige in Zombies and use your permantent unlock to unlock a gun, after you prestige again it will be locked with the attachments/camos you had on it when you prestiged in all your future games.  It was fixed originally by prestiging again. But since the last two patches I can't use 1-2 of my permantently unlock guns due to this bug.

I'll tell you what happened to me:

First prestige I permanently unlocked the Haymaker and it worked fine.

Second prestige I permanently unlocked the Man-O-War and it worked fine, but my Haymaker had the attachments/camo on it from when I was First Prestige.

Before Third Prestige I removed all attachments/camos from all weapons then prestiged.

Third prestige I permanently unlocked the Gordon and it worked fine and my Haymaker was fixed, but my Man-O-War had the attachments/camo (which was nothing) on it from when I was Second Prestige.

Before Forth Prestige I removed all attachments/camos from all weapons then prestiged.

Forth Prestige I permanently unlocked a GobbleGum and my Haymaker and Man-O-War was fixed, but my Gordon had the attachments/camo (which was nothing) on it from when I was Third Prestige.

Before Fifth Prestige I removed all attachments/camos from all weapons then prestiged.

Fifth Prestige I permanently unlocked a GobbleGum all was fixed.

Before Sixth Prestige I removed all attachments/camos from all weapons then prestiged.

Sixth Prestige I permanently unlocked a GobbleGum all was still fixed.

Before Seventh Prestige I removed all attachments/camos from all weapons then prestiged.

Seventh Prestige I permanently unlocked a GobbleGum and my Man-O-War had bugged out again; I could add attachments/camo in the weapon kit menu, but in game the attachments/camo would be missing.

Before Eighth Prestige I removed all attachments/camos from all weapons then prestiged.

Eighth Prestige I permanently unlocked a GobbleGum and my Man-O-War had bugged out again as well as my Haymaker; I could add attachments/camo in the weapon kit menu, but in game the attachments/camo would be missing.

Second game in Eighth Prestige my Haymaker fixed itself and I could add attachments/camo again.

Before Nineth Prestige I removed all attachments/camos from all weapons then prestiged.

Nineth Prestige I permanently unlocked a GobbleGum and my Man-O-War had bugged out again as well as my Haymaker; I could add attachments/camo in the weapon kit menu, but in game the attachments/camo would be missing.

Second game in Nineth Prestige my Haymaker fixed itself and I could add attachments/camo again.

Tenth Prestige I permanently unlocked a GobbleGum and my Man-O-War had bugged out again as well as my Haymaker; I could add attachments/camo in the weapon kit menu, but in game the attachments/camo would be missing.

Second game in Tenth Prestige my Haymaker fixed itself and I could add attachments/camo again.

As of right now I'm Master Prestige and my Man-O-War is permently bugged out forever.

This is really starting to tick me off, as I can't use my permently unlocked guns due to this and right now only know one way of fixing this issue myself by doing a Fresh Restart.

But I really don't want to do that as I am Master Prestige, have all challenges completed, finished all the easter eggs multiple times except for the Shangri-La and Ascension ones (which don't matter), have all Zombies Trophies except the Shangri-La Easter Egg one, maxed out all weapons, and paid real money just to get a few Liquid Divinums, to unlock GobbleGums.  I lose all this if I do a Fresh Restart.

PSN_MPHDodgeDaytona
27 REPLIES 27

Hey PSN MPHDodgeDaytona,

Just to clarify, which platform are you playing on and  provide a pictures/video of how you're setting these weapons up and how they appear in-game? ^SM

Player Support

I'm playing on the PS4, but just to let you know I have found other forum post of people with this problem both on PC and Xbox One as well. The gun that is bugged still for me is the Man-O-War which I used a permant unlock token for.  I have it maxed out like all the other weapons, but this one is bugged all the time.  I usually put on the attachments: Stock, Rapid Fire, Grip, Long Barrel, and Fast Mags with the Red Hex Camo, but when I get into a game and receive the gun from the Mystery Box it has no attachments and no camo. Even if I change attachments and/or camo, when I receive it from the Mystery Box it still has no attachments and no camo.  The next time I play I will try to get a few screenshots and video showing what is happening.

PSN_MPHDodgeDaytona

Thanks for catching us up to speed and we truly appreciate the detailed post you originally put up. Just to be sure, have you also tried clearing your game data/cache? This should clear any potentially corrupt data that could be causing abnormalities in-game. When you have the time, please give that a try and yes, we would greatly appreciate any pictures/video you can provide us with. Regards. ^SM

Player Support

No I haven't tried to clear my game data/cache, but will try that next time. I just got into a game and captured it on my PS4. I'm uploading it to YouTube right now, so once it's up I'll link it in my next reply.

PSN_MPHDodgeDaytona

Here is the link to the YouTube video of the problem https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfILCpefRzk  You can see at the 6 minute mark I receive the Man-O-War from the Mystery Box, but it has no attachments/camo like I show in the beginning and end of video.

Update: I cleared my game data/cache and played one more game.  There is still no change, the weapon is still bugged out like in the video.

PSN_MPHDodgeDaytona

Thanks for the update and the video. This will definitely help. Again, we apologize for any frustration this may have caused and we appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We will go ahead and send this up for further review. We'd just like to gather some information that we can add to this case: Region, which copy you own (Disc/Digital) and if this is happening with any other weapons besides the Man-o-War?

Thanks. ^SM

Player Support

I have the Juggernog Edition Disc version for USA.  Right now the Man-O-War is the only one permantently bugged.  The Haymaker is also bugged, but only for the first game after I prestige.  After I prestige I put attachments/camos on the Man-O-War, Haymaker, and Gordon (my permantently unlocked guns).  The Gordon works just fine. The Haymaker on the other hand; I put attachments on the weapon though the weapon kits menu for the first game, but when I go into the game and receive it from the mystery box it has no attachments/camo and when I get back to the weapon kits menu all my attachments/camo has been removed by the game.  I reattach my attachments/camo to my Haymaker and from the second game on when I receive it from the mystery box it is fixed.  The Man-O-War though won't appear in game with attachments/camo no matter what I do like I showed in the video.  So like I said right now the Man-O-War is the only gun permantently bugged, but previously it has been any of the guns I used a permant unlock token for (Gordon, Haymaker, and Man-O-War).

PSN_MPHDodgeDaytona

It has been almost 3 months now since I reported this issue and found out that it is still not fixed with the DLC3 update.  What is going on that you can't get this sent up the line to get it fixed.  It's sad that many of us community players can't play with certain weapons that we have leveled up/maxed out because of this bug.  It's not like I just brought it to your attention just a few days ago; it's been almost 3 months and you fix other problems that came up just weeks ago, but not this one.  I have times where I wish I had this gun with the attachments because it would make surviving the zombie horde easier and I earned it, but because you can't fix it; it makes it unfun/unfair to play this game at times.

PSN_MPHDodgeDaytona

Same problem here, but only with the Haymaker. 

Black_INFERNO

Studios