Blackops 3 Crash on Startup.

SOLVED

Black Ops 3 Support

Highlighted

Blackops 3 Crash on Startup.

Blackops3.exe has stopped working.

Gone around google and all the forums and such, on here and steam forums. Have tried all the fixes ranging from verifying game cache, running everything in admin mode, disabling all antiviruses and firewalls (and adding exceptions to such), updating old DirectX files, making sure graphics drivers are up to date, etcetera etcetera. I cannot fathom what could be going wrong right now.

Rakaesa
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Blackops 3 Crash on Startup.

in reply to Rakaesa
Solution

Hey there Rakaesa!

Sorry for the inconvenience. Please check this link in regards to programs that may be interfering with Steam. ^MA 

Player Support
7 REPLIES

in reply to Rakaesa
Solution

Hey there Rakaesa!

Sorry for the inconvenience. Please check this link in regards to programs that may be interfering with Steam. ^MA 

Player Support

in reply to ATVISupport

Thanks for the help. Turns out uninstalling Comodo did the trick even though I had made exceptions for steam & blackops 3. Was a good firewall, too. Oh well.

Rakaesa

in reply to ATVISupport

I have the exact same problem. I have looked on the links and nothing on those pages were on my list of things to shut down.

Nozsh

in reply to ATVISupport

i have tried everything and it just gives me a fatal error before i see an image and while it is in a black screen that i have to end the app from task manager because it wont let me close it sometimes. i have advast anti-virus which is in game mode and i dont know what to do

RogueRapidRedd

in reply to Rakaesa

For anyone who has tried all else and still failed. If possible, uninstall the game, and re-install game and all other content as Admin, AND in Windows 8 compatibility mode. This worked for me and someone else I know.

coudsteele

in reply to coudsteele

I did everythign listed above and on other websited.   i see so many people like me follow the steps to no avail.   However i found a culprit program most gamers would have yet not think.  Razer overlay moduel.  so you must shutdown ur razor programs,  i did find i cand use my orbweaver or chroma mouse but i can still play wtih y steam controler so im happy

edit the game chrashes everytime i now start an acual game weather solo or multiplayer, so i will be returning since i have shut off everything on my task bar and uninstalled all possible software.

Comp: i7 8gig graphics, 32gigs of ram

ShadowBladeMonk

in reply to ShadowBladeMonk

I know this post is old but I cant believe what you mentiones worked for me, I got bo3 for zombies chronicles, and waited like a week for the download, but after the instalation it wouldnt open. Thank you very much.

totato123

Studios