The problem with Aim Assist on PC

Black Ops 3 PC

I didn't even know it was possible without the xim4. This is even more outrageous.

mascarpwn

yeah exploiting the game that way is really shitty! BUT! there must be another way to fix this. I've been waiting for aim assist in this game so that i can use a gamepad. playing with a mouse is more accurate. yes! but i crack my finger by using a keyboard. i just keep tapping wrong buttons. i just love how a controller feels and how you can press every button fastly.

SIM_sk

Aim assist actually does not snap on to the target... it is a negative sensitivity. Please show video evidence of your claim.

Tiex1958

It actually does, especially in AW. There are plenty of videos online, if you want 'evidence' youtube is that way -->

mascarpwn

After spending about 10min searching for videos, all I found were videos of people turning it off. Aim assist does not snap on to your target. it is a negative sensitivity, unless you can provide evidence of your claim... It doesn't exist.

Tiex1958

Look for a video by GraveMakerLP, using a controller while playing Ghosts on pc... and why aim assist isn't welcome on pc. GraveMaker says a couple times in the video how unfair using a controller and aim assist is on pc, and yes it is an unfair advantage. Not only the video, but I asked another player to hook up a controller and test it on Ghosts for pc, and he said that while its not as snappy as an aimbot it is still very much an aimbot and unfair. This is not new, Bungie made the same mistake with Halo 2 for pc, leaving the 'aim assist' in the game when they ported it to pc. It was plain as day in a video, possibly still on YouTube, that when the reticle got close enough to a target it snapped to the head and stayed on target. This ruined Halo 2 on pc, many of us switched to CoD because of it. And now they're making the exact same mistake.

And the mechanics of the program aren't the issue, its the effect the program has... giving an unfair advantage to some players and screwing the rest. If you want an aim assist, go play on a console and use a controller. If you want to see how good you are and not how good a program is, play on a pc and use a keyboard and mouse.

PDH_NicFury

You are clearly a PC elitist.
It does not snap to targets. It helps controller players with targeting and staying with the target, since controllers don't have nearly as good of Accuracy as a mouse and Keyboard. That is purely the reason for Aim Assist,
" If you want to see how good you are and not how good a program is, play on a pc and use a keyboard and mouse." Really? You think there is a skill difference between PC and Xbox/PS? Honestly I did much better on PC then I did on Xbox That's not to say I didn't do well on Xbox I am good at both but I seen myself having more 20 +kills and 5 or less deaths  on PC.

If anything it allows Controller users to be on a level playing field with key/board players.
I don't know anything about Halo 2 so their "Aim assist" may be different, But I have never seen my reticle has never snapped to a target on Call of duty Multiplayer.

I will not be going on a search. You can link the evidence you have here. If there is any.

Tiex1958

What do you think "negative sensitivity "is? You move your cursor across the target and then "negative sensitivity" locks onto the target making it impossible to miss whereas with a mouse and no "negative sensitivity" the cursor continues beyond the target thus making it possible to miss unless you make the adjustment. There in lies the "skill."

The real problem is that you wouldn't be able to give away (let alone sell) a controller without AimAssist for FPS's to users. Perhaps the industry should be a little more introspective? Unlikely...

ntzphyr

"What do you think "negative sensitivity "is? You move your cursor across the target and then "negative sensitivity" locks onto the target making it impossible to miss"

Really? So people on Xbox and PS have 100% accuracy then?  Maybe you should actually understand why a controller uses Aim Assist? Controllers do not have the finite accuracy a mouse is capable of. Sticks are clunky and thus require the use of Aim assist. I honestly find it far easier for myself to control recoil on a mouse  then a controller. Mouses allow for stupidly accurate shots I actually find it to be ez mode (coming from a 2.0 K/D player). Also FYI negative sensitivity doesn't mean locking on.... So laughable lol... It just slows are sensitivity down because once again controller sticks are clunky and no where near as accurate as a mouse. Please

The main thing is people who are bitching about Aim assist controllers being on PC are more then likely shit players whining about something they don't fully understand.Mouse beats Controller any day of the week.... Aim assist or not. Mouse is still better for accuracy then a controller.
Controller users will beat the bad mouse players which I would assume is you two. Enjoy playing BO3 vs Aim assist controllers because they aren't going to change it. Ill see you on the field.

Check yourself before you wreck yourself.

Tiex1958

Studios