The problem with Aim Assist on PC

Black Ops 3 PC

The problem with 'Target' Assist on PC is the crybabies who use Keyboard and Mouse. Look, say what you want, but it is a pure and absolute fact that K/M players have an advantage. Even with Target Assist on for a controller, the K/M still has the advantage. Stop crying because some kid with a controller got a kill when you thought you should. If you play with K/M and are losing to someone who uses a controller, then the other guy is actually way better than you, or you just completely suck at the game. Stop crying. Stop making excuses. The game has this feature built-in, and if you can't handle that fact then sinply don't play.  The biggest problem in CoD, 2nd only to cheaters/"hackers", is the massive amount of crybabies, just throwing hissy fits about every thing, screaming into the mic, calling for their mommy because the kid on the online video game shot him first.

_eL_T_

@_eL_T_ wrote:

[snipped] Stop crying. Stop making excuses. The game has this feature built-in, and if you can't handle that fact then sinply don't play.  The biggest problem in CoD, 2nd only to cheaters/"hackers", is the massive amount of crybabies, just throwing hissy fits about every thing, screaming into the mic, calling for their mommy because the kid on the online video game shot him first.

I tried playing with k/m and just couldn't get used to boost jumping/wall running with k/m. So I went back to controller... and you know what? I tried a few games on controller *without* aim assist, and my kdr was hovering at around 1.5... granted, I was using either the KDR or Vesper - my play style is based entirely on hip fire, plus I had good knowledge of the maps from playing on the PS4.

You are absolutely right in what you say. If a k/m player can get spanked by me (using controller and also *without* aim assist), then these crybabies can't just blame it on the aim-assist controller users.

If I were Treyarch, I'd completely remove aim assist from the console versions as well. Too many times a quick scoper has 'felt' the pull of the aim assist, and pulled the trigger to one-shot me through opaque cover. Aim assist shouldn't even be working if the target goes behind something. I understand that aim assist is obviously to help console players, but surely at some point it should be about "skill"?

squodge

I'd totally be fine with removing Target Assist altogether. As long as it's the same for everyone. Though there would need to be better ways of detecting if a player uses a K/M on console.

_eL_T_

If somebody chooses to use a sub par control method they shouldnt be rewarded for it. 

Smokinjoewhite

I play console and Aim Assist on console doesnt exist bro for COD(more metaphoric), aim assist is on console for COD but from all the years I played, it does NOT WORK in mutliplayer... only zombies(for certain cods that have zombies) There is a target assist that slows the crosshairs down a little while on the enemy but ONLY WHEN YOU AIM AT THEM yourself. So that must be a pc feature only because they think Mouse and Keyboard would be an advantage for controllers on PC, which you agreed. I play PC and do not use a controller but im kinda mad reading people say console have aim assist on COD. Doesnt even make sense? Your saying every COD championship on console, the players have basic auto lock..? I think not. Just wanted to clear that up but I do agree.. but I play PC siege and I have a 1.5 KD level 30 and people always call me Trash even though I carry xD cause im a 130 on siege on console with AIM ASSIST APPERANTLY....just a full on miscomption... its funny too because I dont think Siege EVEN HAS target assist for multiplayer like COD.. they have dead zone. 

codghostisboss
Highlighted

Are you aware how much of the PC player base you'd lose if indeed, 'How can you resolve this issue? Very simple: REMOVE Aim Assist from CoD and do NOT EVER implement it in any other CoD PC iteration.This is a PC version of CoD. If you want to use a controller, FINE. If you want Aim Assist, get a console.', were to actually happen, because in Australia, we could lose at least 5% and our player base is nowhere near as big as the US. Last night in BO3 we had a maximum of 2 Core TDM lobbies and BO4 has been out for around 8 months now.

A controller, without aim assist is extremely difficult for a decent controller user on PC to get a kill. Keyboard and mouse users will always have an advantage over controller users they way the devices currently are, with or without aim assist.

I fail to see how developers constantly screw up PC game play just because they work with algorithms that allow an input device to be used in a game they developed for devices where one setup is stationary on a stable surface and the other in a constant state of change being held in a players hands.

In my opinion, the problem arises when a person or group of persons BELIEVES that another person or group of persons is receiving a benefit or advantage that the other group is not receiving or does not have, for what ever reason which is usually just sour grapes. In my  5000+ hours of mostly BO3 COD experience I get an enormous amount of Anti-controller sentiments, but never any valid arguments or evidence from documented studies as to how controller users have a physical advantage over keyboard and mouse users.

The 'tracking' or 'snapping onto' that most refer to is nothing more than what the average mouse user would be able to track a target, the assist varies for every weapon and not strong if even present on snipers. Acontroller user without aim assist is going to find it rather diffficult to get kills in game without it.

If people that cannot use their hands, use retina input for PC gaming because they can't use a keyboard, will this input user type cause the same upset as controller users are causing?

I don't know anything about the XIM4, are you saying that this is undetetectable by VAC etc or is this bait to get controller users banned for illegal hardware?

Finally, from a health and safety point of view I do wonder that controller use might have an edge here.

@mascarpwn wrote:

How can you resolve this issue? Very simple: REMOVE Aim Assist from CoD and do NOT EVER implement it in any other CoD PC iteration.

This is a PC version of CoD. If you want to use a controller, FINE. If you want Aim Assist, get a console.

DX-Fe26

Studios