I've been banned, I was playing solo, and didn't cheat. Please help.

Black Ops 3 PC

On the date of the 24th of February 2016, I attempted to play Call of Duty black ops 3 only to find myself "vac-banned" (after contacting valve, I was told to contact the developer as they claimed that it was a game ban and not a "vac-Ban"), this has not happened to me before, as I do not cheat in multiplayer games (the few that I do play), and I did not cheat in black ops 3.

I believe that there may have been a false positive, earlier in the day I played a single player RPG in which I tried to employed the use of cheat engine in the RPG, it was a short time after this that I returned to Black ops 3 after a long hiatus, shortly thereafter, after reentering the game for a second time, I was notified as to the ban put in place on my account.

Furthermore, I did not take part in any multiplayer matches what so-ever, the time was spent in the campaign and a few unsuccessful rounds of "solo-zombies" if there is any way in which anyone can help, I would be grateful.

If there is anyone in support who can look at my stats, it should be clear that I didn't cheat, the highest round I ever got to in zombies was 14 and that was an anomaly (I shot the shadow man, putting me at round 5 I think, and got I lucky with the random box), the rest ranged between rounds 4 to 10, when I last played multiplayer last year, I only had a K.D of between 0.6 or 0.8, Black ops 3 was my first time playing Call of Duty on the PC and it showed, I had hoped to get back into the game and actually accumulate some experience hence why I tried to start playing again this month.

I have looked at the security enforcement policy and I did not break it, at no time did I knowingly access or modify game files to gain any advantage. Again I ask that someone examine my stats to see if I cheated, and to just respond. I did contact steam costumer support and they explicitly stated that the ban was not a "steam VAC-ban", and furthermore, they advised me to attempt to contact the developers.If there is a need I will provide my steam ID on request but my in-game username should be the same as my current forum name.

tmike558
13 REPLIES 13

Dear Judge,

I am innocent of this crime, but here is a list of the other crimes I have committed. Please let me off.

TungstenBullet13

What other crimes? My problem is I was banned from BO3, not from a offline single player RPG. You may as well be equating owning a knife, and using it in your kitchen to having committed murder.

tmike558

And I would like to point out how ridiculous it would be for a person to die in round four if they were hacking. So again, I am asking that someone please just checks the game data.

tmike558

So you installed a cheat into the engine to play during single player. Then played zombies online? You may have not used the cheat, but the system showed them it was installed.

DeviousC0DY

No, I did not "install a cheat onto the engine", I used "cheat engine (the program)" in a different game, a single player, offline RPG called "Pillars of Eternity". When I finished playing that game played solo zombies and didn't use anything.

tmike558

Could you link me directly to your Steam account? As for I work better on Steam than here. Till then, I can't further help you.

Real_Captain_Price

Thank you, sorry for the late response (time zone differences), I have linked my steam community profile below. Please feel free to contact me if you need any further details.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198007992390

tmike558

Yeah, it's a game ban. There for a developer ban. Most of these are never really wrong. Now honestly, did you have any cheating software(s) installed at the time you received your ban? Because you may not have meant to use cheats but were using cheats.

From all the cases I see on the VAC Discussions on Steam, none of them get lifted. If you feel you were wrongly ban, then you will have to contact the developers. Steam Support won't be able to assist you.

Real_Captain_Price

As stated in my original post, I had "cheat engine" (the application) installed on my PC but it wasn't running at the time (again, I had used it earlier that day in a separate, offline game, "Pillars of Eternity") and I never did anything to any BO3 game files or processes. So to summarize, on my PC, there is a piece of software that could potentially be used to cheat (depending on what takes place client side vs server-side) but the software in question was not running when I played BO3. And I have been trying to contact the developer for the past month, but I am unsure as to how exactly I should go about that, because I would like to request that someone just examines the game data in question to see if my story checks out or not.

tmike558

Studios