cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any need?

Band Hero

Great another game by the guitar hero makers that want your money!

was there really any need? discuss your thoughts.

AngryGamer
7 REPLIES 7

A company wants to make money?! Preposterous!.

Actually this game goes first for the money of people who is NOT into Guitar Hero. People who probably owns a Wii only for Wii Sports. People who is not into Rock music. People who does not own a SG, Les Paul, Schecter, Fender Stratocaster, Explorer and two sets of drums for the game. People who probably played GH or RB in a friends house and though that the game was "cool" but didn't like the music. This game tries to close the gap between those people and GH/RB players by bringing another style into the mix. And in my honest opinion, it's something good.

And for this same reasons, I think this game will sell very good on the Wii. (Casual players, play mostly "party" games, not really into hard rock)

Then, in second place, this game is for GH/RB fans who like Pop music.

And, in the end, if you are a GH/RB Hardcore Gamer, Rock Headbanger, you'll always have the option to NOT buy this game.

Besides, if you are whining about the drums, don't worry the game comes out on November. By January 2010 there will be stand alone (If not before to take advantage of the Holidays).

VicLX

Band Hero is aimed at a different target audience than Guitar Hero, so yes there is a valid reason for releasing it. Also, Activision Blizzard is a publicly traded company, whose main goal should be to provide value to their shareholders. As long as these games continue to be profitable, they should continue to make them. Alternatively, when these games cease to generate substantial profit, they should stop. Activision Blizzard run a VERY successful business. Also, nobody is forcing you to purchase any of these new titles. If you don't like them, don't buy them.

NikkiLove

If you don't like them, don't buy them.

Win. It is pretty simple after all, and it really isn't up to us to decide how many products they decide to roll out. Seem to be making money, which is why they are in business. Sure, seems like overkill, and no one wants to see a Tony Hawk like degradation of these music games, but seeking out slightly different demographics (which in all likelihood will overlap into other title sales) is simple marketing.

DataGuru

You guys are missing the point. GH takes your money with games. RB takes your money with DLC.

Not everyone does business the same.

DarkFlashlight

NikkiLove wrote:

Band Hero is aimed at a different target audience than Guitar Hero, so yes there is a valid reason for releasing it. Also, Activision Blizzard is a publicly traded company, whose main goal should be to provide value to their shareholders. As long as these games continue to be profitable, they should continue to make them. Alternatively, when these games cease to generate substantial profit, they should stop. Activision Blizzard run a VERY successful business. Also, nobody is forcing you to purchase any of these new titles. If you don't like them, don't buy them.

Everything Nikki said is right. Welcome to the world of business. Activision can make as many games as they want; you don't have to buy them. Look at Kiss. Kiss markets everything, from lunchboxes to coffins, and they've been very successful. If you don't want to buy a Kiss product, no one is forcing you. The same goes for Activision's games.

steelfire81

Don't get it if you don't want it. Same goes for RB DLC. Why buy all the DLC if you don't like it, lol?

andami
Highlighted

Making band hero to ravial lego rock band. I really don't think there is a need for band hero, as its the same game pretty much in terms of graphics and features. Nothing really pops out I think to people who don't own any type of rythm game to get this game, unlike lego rock band. where people look at it and think o lego's i know that, i think im gonna try this game since it has lego's and you can play as lego's. While band hero is the same as any other guitar hero that has be realsed.

my thoughts

inb4 spelling

Burley92
Visit us for the latest news, game information, screenshots, downloads and links. GO TO BLOGS
custom.activision.cookie_disclaimer