cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to register BH for Wii on activision ?

Band Hero

We have the Wii and Band Hero game. Activision literature suggests to register the game on www.activision.com. However under the favourite game choices, BH is not listed. Secondly the game serial number on activision's web site asks for a wholly numeric value. Our game has a serial number with a mix of letters and numbers.

I logged a web ticket with activision, they keep referring me to link the game to my account, OK no problem to do this, however why suggest register the game serial number in the manual if the web site doesn't support it ?

Does the linking the game to my account replace registering the game specifically for BH ?

thanks

Robin

lr101fc
5 REPLIES 5

Linking your games to your account here on the GH Site is not the same as registering your games on the Activision webite.

I think the actual website printed in the manual is www.register.activision.com. I went there, logged in, went to My Activision, and then selected the Edit button in the Registered Games area. You are prompted to enter the UPC code (not the Unique Owner ID/serial number) and are given instructions on where to locate it. The UPC is the code that's on the lower back corner or bottom flap of the game box. It accepted my game registration, but instead of being listed as "Band Hero" it says "Null".

As for Favorite Games, I clicked on the Edit button in that area and scrolled down to G-Guitar Hero and all games appeared to be listed including Band Hero.

Hope this helps.

ann37ash

Hi Ann,

Thanks for your post.

I found my mistake. I was trying to use the unique owner id to register the game. I used the UPC code as you suggested, now I have the code listed under registered games but the name is null (like yours).

In favourite games, I've also added Band Hero - didn't see this before, but I was looking under "B" not "G"

Many thanks for your post

Cheers

Robin

lr101fc

I'm hoping you both can help. I am trying to register my Band Hero on Activision as you suggested however, my game box has no UPC code. We purchased the Band Hero set with the game included and it says "not for resale" on the game box. I attempted to use the UPC code from the Box that the set came in itself but that gave me the UPC invalide message. Also, we were attempting to but some new songs with our Wii points and it asks for the "Unique Owner ID" which I have on the insert for the game but when we input it, it tells me that ID is invalide as well. Any thoughts or help is greatly appreciated in advance.

Todd

grneydmrclean

I am having the exact same problem as Todd. This is horribly frustrating. I've been online searching for answers forever, but the Guitar Hero, Band Hero Activision support is awful. How do you register the game with a UPC code, when it's not included on the game? It won't accept my unique user ID when trying to buy songs. Nobody ever responded to Todd's question.

utfaninky

Please help! I am trying to purchase DLC on GH5 on Wii, when asked to enter my 20 character unique user ID on the back of my manual i discover to my horror that my unique owner id is only 16 characters long. where are my other 4 characters? i cannot guess them as that would be impossible ( 34x34x34x34) it has taken me an hour to get to this stage, i just wanna play cheap trick, is that too much to ask?

ginjaninja11
Visit us for the latest news, game information, screenshots, downloads and links. GO TO BLOGS
custom.activision.cookie_disclaimer