cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Band Hero Song Import Compatibility Info

Band Hero

Re: Band Hero Song Import Compatibility Info

in reply to Neversoft

I have used the codes to import games but everytime the payment screen comes up it straight away closes and then i have to enter code again. Guess what, it says it has already been used. Getting stupid now i have to keep changing games.

wincloud
Likes: 0
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎24-12-2009

Re: Band Hero Song Import Compatibility Info

in reply to Neversoft

this is really unrelated but i just bought wii band hero. is the equipment that came with band hero the same as rock band. i know i cant import rock band songs but my daughter wants lego rock band and want to know if it will work with the band hero equipment. the walmart home page says yes its the same equipment. but game stop and best buy employees have said maybe. any help on this would be nice

stu

stugrimes
Likes: 0
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎10-01-2010

Re: Band Hero Song Import Compatibility Info

in reply to Neversoft

stugrimes wrote:

 

this is really unrelated but i just bought wii band hero. is the equipment that came with band hero the same as rock band. i know i cant import rock band songs but my daughter wants lego rock band and want to know if it will work with the band hero equipment. the walmart home page says yes its the same equipment. but game stop and best buy employees have said maybe. any help on this would be nice

stu

Woah.. I see someone got a little confused.. Band Hero software is not connected to Lego Rock Band software. You can't import songs from games to the other. (There are some songs in both games.) Band Hero is Guitar Hero 5 but with a Family Friendly music and look to it.

The Hardware is different, the most noticeable is the Drums, GuitarHero/BandHero has 5 Drums and a pedal, Rock Band has 4 plus Pedal. (RockBand ignores or turns the Orange cymbal to another colour. Band Hero has RB Drum Tracks)

Most Official hardware works to some Degree in both Band Hero and Newer Rock Band games. (Most Game store people know the difference, but don't have updated information.)

So if you have Band Hero Full Band set. You are safe the Lego Rock Band software alone, and have it working with the Band Hero hardware.

BigNutter
Likes: 0
Posts: 330
Registered: ‎21-06-2012

Re: Band Hero Song Import Compatibility Info

in reply to Neversoft

I have a Wii but my sister has a PS2 and I have GH5 and she just bought Band Hero. Can I import the songs using her Unique Owner ID onto my GH5 on the Wii? I hope I can...

pookjo3
Likes: 0
Posts: 2
Registered: ‎10-01-2010

Re: Band Hero Song Import Compatibility Info

in reply to Neversoft

pookjo3 wrote:

 

I have a Wii but my sister has a PS2 and I have GH5 and she just bought Band Hero. Can I import the songs using her Unique Owner ID onto my GH5 on the Wii? I hope I can...

Nope, I've been told that you can only use the code off the same console games.

I'm not sure if the PS2 even has a Unique Owner ID in their games. It doesn't have DLC.

BigNutter
Likes: 0
Posts: 330
Registered: ‎21-06-2012

Re: Band Hero Song Import Compatibility Info

in reply to Neversoft

where did you hear it? It doesn't say anything about it anywhere... that means i put wii points on for nothing...

pookjo3
Likes: 0
Posts: 2
Registered: ‎10-01-2010

Re: Band Hero Song Import Compatibility Info

in reply to Neversoft

pookjo3 wrote:

 

where did you hear it? It doesn't say anything about it anywhere... that means i put wii points on for nothing...

I heard it around here, mainly from other users from this site in the Game Support forum. There is however Wii Version of Guitar Hero 5.

You can find many things which you can use Wii points for.

BigNutter
Likes: 0
Posts: 330
Registered: ‎21-06-2012

Re: Band Hero Song Import Compatibility Info

in reply to Neversoft

Being completely new to the guitar hero series and having just recieved band hero, this may be a question with an obvious answer, but here goes.

Can i download the tracks that are importable from other guitar hero games from XBOX online, or do i need to buy the previous games and import? I see i can download some tracks - but a lot appear to be missing - so i assume/think i need to buy the previous games (e.g. GHWT) and import?

Also, do all the tracks that import allow drumming? As that is primarily what i am interested in.

Thanks

jb30
Likes: 0
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎17-02-2010

Re: Band Hero Song Import Compatibility Info

in reply to Neversoft

jb30 wrote:

 

Being completely new to the guitar hero series and having just recieved band hero, this may be a question with an obvious answer, but here goes.

Can i download the tracks that are importable from other guitar hero games from XBOX online, or do i need to buy the previous games and import? I see i can download some tracks - but a lot appear to be missing - so i assume/think i need to buy the previous games (e.g. GHWT) and import?

Also, do all the tracks that import allow drumming? As that is primarily what i am interested in.

Thanks

You must have the games and enter the Unique Owner ID in order to be able to import songs from other games. From the GH Hub FAQ:

What will it cost to Import Songs?You must be a Guitar Hero World Tour or Guitar Hero Smash Hits (Guitar Hero Greatest Hits in Europe), owner to participate. In order to access the import, you will need to use your 20 digit Unique Owner ID that's printed on the back of the manual of the game you are importing from. (Guitar Hero: Greatest Hits for the Wii in Europe uses a 16-digit code.) Guitar Hero World Tour song imports are available for Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft for 280 Microsoft Points and on the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system for $3.49 (North America)50 and Nintendo® Wii™ for 350 Wii Points. The week Band Hero hits store shelves, 69 tracks from the acclaimed Guitar Hero 5 will be available to importfor Xbox 360(R) video game and entertainment system from Microsoft for 480 Microsoft Points, on the PlayStation(R)3 computer entertainment system for $5.99, and Wii(TM) for 600 Wii Points(TM). In addition, 61 of the chart-topping hits featured in Band Hero can be imported into Guitar Hero 5 for Xbox 360 for 420 Microsoft Points, on the PlayStation 3 system for $4.99, and Wii for 500 Wii Points.

force10JC
Likes: 0
Posts: 174
Registered: ‎27-08-2009

Re: Band Hero Song Import Compatibility Info

in reply to Neversoft

PROBLEM IMPORTING SONGS INTO BAND HERO! ---PS3---

I bought Band Hero in October. recently i acquired Guitar Hero 5 so i could import the songs to Band Hero.

Though the import menu, i made everything, made the payment and the download. After that i installed the songs.

When i start the game, the new songs, from Guitar Hero 5, never show. At the first time i tried, appeared the following message: "Songs limited to Band Hero disc songs while celebrity is selected". I went to the band line up and changed the characters. but STILL no SONGS! i bought the songs and they don´t appear.

The costumer support for playstation (in Portugal) is awful. i wonder if anyone could help me in this problem.

Thanks in advance.

crugar

crugar
Likes: 0
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎19-02-2010
Visit us for the latest news, game information, screenshots, downloads and links. GO TO BLOGS