The Official Unofficial Destiny Thread

Advanced Warfare Off-Topic

I just read somewhere that the missions in the BETA weren't the full missions. Also leaked is that there will be 32 missions in total and 15 Strike missions. No word on how many Raids there are but rumor has it they can take up to 2 hours to beat.

Ghamorra Level 75

Raids = strike missions,no?

The only thing I was disappointed about was the fact that I was logged in and at the tower and didn't get my ship. Otherwise I'd give the beta a 9 out of 10. The only thing I didn't like about the PvP was the vehicles, and some of the maps were a little unbalanced. But I wasn't to into halo PvP anyway. I do like the iron banner where your gear matters, gives it a little "W.o.W." feel, and I'm a fan of having to "work" for the good gear. Instead of having everything given to me.

gotsomestars Level 75

From what I've gathered Raid are different than Strike missions. I think Raids are based on your faction; Dead Orbit, New Monarchy, Future War Cult.

Ghamorra Level 75

Destiny for me was pretty much what I expected.

Having played a lot of Halo I kew that I wouldn't really enjoy the crucible, the only thing that kept me playing it were the bounties available in the tower but once they were complete I went back to the story. Unlike Halo which revolves around power weapons the crucible revolved more around the ammo drops, whilst the green ammo was readily available listening to the announcer for heavy ammo was one of the key tactics especially on the Moon map where a rocket launcher was useful for tackling the Interceptors.

One point to note that people seemed to miss is that your gear doesn't make a difference in the normal crucible games, all level bonuses are removed to create a more level playing field, basically the first gun you get in the story is just as powerful as that Lv8 gun you just picked up. All you need to do is find a gun with the right sight and base stats for you i.e: RoF, impact, range, stability, reload and magazine size.  The only time the level bonuses gives you an advantage is under the Iron Banner matchmaking where essentially the best gear wins so bring the best you've got.

Most of my time was spent exploring the Cosmodrome and dancing/playing f00tball in the tower. Nice to the game has been "Kambo proofed" wide doorways and corridors so they'll be no door blocking Found a few areas that were impossible to explore with the level cap so there's still more to find. Looking forward to having a proper explore of the Moon as well. I'm hoping we get something similar to Firefight added in the full game for some wave based shenanigans.

TL_Bare_B

A wave based add on would be pretty sweet.

phxs72

I enjoyed the solo and co-op free roam mode, thats what sold me on the game,  that would keep me entertained for hours, but like a lot of others i did not like the crucible.

You can't cure stupid, but you can sedate it.
Blood, Sweat and Beers.
gambit1969 Level 72

Do a sparrow-roll!!

TL_Bare_B

ghamorra wrote:

I tried making threads on the offical Bungie forum but that forum is hot right now that it's tough getting anything to linger long enough to garner attention. Since there's a good bit of you guys here that play Destiny I'd like to start a thread about it so I can actually talk about the game. Feel free to share this and get the word around. I really want to talk about this game.

wanted to add this blurb that I found on Destiny from the development team:

“Oh, hello.

Destiny’s pretty big. It’s the biggest game we’ve ever made, by far, and we’re sort of known for making games you can play for months, years, and even decades if you’re a little bit…dedicated.

With Destiny, we’re looking to exceed what we’ve done before, not just in terms of scale – the Moon is our smallest destination – but in terms of scope and breadth of activities. That’s true for day one, as you expect, but it also means we want Destiny to have super long legs.

If we’re fortunate enough to have you playing months after launch, you still find lots of compelling stuff to do. That will manifest itself in a myriad of ways, from straight up content to cool activities we’ve yet to show off.

We think we did a decent job supporting Halo, post launch, but we were only ever able to cater to the competitive set. That left a lot of players out in the cold. That made a lot of the team grumpy. We wanted to do better. So, Destiny is philosophically built support every type of player, and all modes with ongoing activities and events. We look at it quite a bit like television programming, as opposed to a singular film, as we had in the past. We think it’s gonna be pretty great, but we wanted to test out a bunch of our new stuff with Beta, to make sure we could flip knobs and levers live, reacting and responding with lots (and, ho boy, did we see LOTS) of players online and playing.

Beta was water wings. Level 8 is nothing. You barely scratched the surface, and it seems like some folks had fun with what was there.

If you did, good news. More soon.”

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Izjar11 Level 75

I think too many are making up their minds about how the full game of Destiny will be when launched. As the developers have tried to stress, the BETA wasn't a full look at the game and what it offers. The BETA truly was to test the stability of the servers and to give players a taste of Destiny's potential. If you explore the forums on Bungie's site you'll see a lot people saying the BETA wasn't good because it didn't have any depth and the story wasn't compelling enough. Obviously they missed the part where the BETA was only a very small part of the full game. And by very small I mean very small.

Ghamorra Level 75

Alot of people seem to think the beta was 15% of the released game. Or only one explorable place per planet. I dont like the way the forums are set up. You click a thread but another one  catches your eye, by the time you click back it's gone. I have it on latest content.

old Russia is huge and has a lot blocked off in the beta and if the moon is the smallest location I think there will be enough content to pass the time till a dlc.

newm8n

Studios