The Official Unofficial Destiny Thread

Advanced Warfare Off-Topic

Destiny's Dev team doesn't mess around. A look at the control center that keeps the game running smooth. This is just one of the several redundant buildings that ensure that game is always up and running. Bungie has multiple ISPs that support the game's "always online" functions so if one fails others can handle the load.

Ghamorra Level 75

For more information on Destiny than you know what to do with go here: http://destinydb.info/

Ghamorra Level 75

So far I have level 8 (max Beta) Wizard and Hunter characters and am on level 3 of a Titan.  I agree with the others that running around on the missions and exploring is pretty sweet and that the MP Crucible wasn't much fun.

I think the issue with the crucible is that if you don't have the right level guns, powers, etc., you are going to get pancaked.  In COD, you can spawn into a game with a new character and take the default load-out and be competitive.  If you try that in Destiny, you will get stomped.  You can't expect to do well in Destiny MP with a default load-out.

I joined a friend's fire team on a mission with my new level 2 character while he was level 6.  That meant the game lobby was set to level 6 difficulty.  My bullets bounced off the enemy AI to no effect and I ended up getting killed multiple times.  On the same map at normal difficulty with leveled up weapons and armor on my Hunter character, I had gone 93-0.  This time I was in the negative until my character got up to level 3, where he was finally able to kill people.

I would strongly suggest that people stay out of the Crucible MP until they get to level 6 or higher.  You could probably hack it at level 5 if you were decent, but going in there without the Supercharged perks will make it very tough.

Ungrateful_Dead

That reason right there is what turns people off of Halo MP.

It shouldn't matter what you have equipped, but the skill of the user.

"Being Human totally sucks most of the time.

Videogames are the only thing that make life bearable."

-Anorak's Almanac, Chapter 91, Verses 1-2
NiceDrewishFela Level 75

I had to come back to this since I have found out more about crucible matches.  I was playing in the Iron Banner multiplayer as there was challenges for it and it was exactly as I described, no holds-barred, best OP character/weapon wins.

In regular crucible matches, they are supposed to put everyone at a standard level for their weapons and armor so that nobody has an advantage.  You can choose different weapons, but ARs have the same stats, etc.  That was the way it was explained to me, but I can't confirm it yet as things were shut down by the time I found out about this.

Ungrateful_Dead

Part of my issue, I am sure, was playing in Iron Banner by mistake (it wasn't clearly explained), but I just disliked the MP in general.

NiceDrewishFela Level 75

From what i heard the regular crucible puts people on a level playing field but in iron banner the highest ranked with the best gear holds the advantage.

I did'nt like the mp much either but the free roam and fireteam co-ops and endgame party with friends raids do appeal to me

You can't cure stupid, but you can sedate it.
Blood, Sweat and Beers.
gambit1969 Level 72

I will agree on the crucible but the more I played the easier it had become, granted dom isn't the mode I would have chose to put in the beta.   Having to unload a clip dosnt appeal to me, I am hoping there is some kind of hc but I not very likely.

newm8n

JJust started today enjoy the missions sorta reminds me of mass effect,,,, the crucible though I found I couldn't get out of there fast enough So back to the missions where I enjoy it ,,, some of the challenges during the missions are a blast as well.

MindSpazms Level 75

To anyone who hasn't tried it yet... you don't need a Code anymore-

Bungie opening up the Destiny beta to everyone at 4pm PT today, no code needed – Destiny Blog: Desti...

NiceDrewishFela Level 75

Studios