The Official Unofficial Destiny Thread

Advanced Warfare Off-Topic

I am loving the PvE, but PvP may be unbalanced a tad since it is gear based.  One guy I blast fairly normal, while I have to unload more on others.  Maybe there is something I am missing, since I just played a few games.

ChiliDog304

I'm still looking into this, but I think the Fusion Rifle absorbs enemy fire. So if you're shooting someone who's shooting you with a Fusion Rifle their gun absorbs your fire. It also has a strong base damage so it can kill you very quickly.

Ghamorra Level 75

How I feel when I destroy one of these

laughing animated GIF

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Izjar11 Level 75

Those things are a pain.  But you are right, I felt the same way when I finally downed one.

phxs72

a royal PAIN....they NEVER die. but its cool to try....

of our training"
Izjar11 Level 75

I wish I had the same feeling when trying to take out the Devil's Walker but myself and some random players couldn't take it down so eventually I called it a night as I was feeling like this:

Burn Computer animated GIF

I'm waiting for a friend of mine to download the beta as I gave him one of my codes.

In terms of the overall beta, I've gone through most of the co-op campaign (Level 6) and I have to admit the amount of content the beta has is substantial. The gameplay felt pretty good on the XBOX One and the graphics is amazing. The score/soundtrack.....unbelievable.

I'm yet to try out the PvP in the Crucible though but will give my opinion on that once I try it.

vims2011

So last night I acquired a code for Destiny (it's good to know people) by sheer, dumb luck while interacting with maccabi on Twitter. I redeemed it immediately on XBL's website, and downloaded it this AM while working around the house.

Got about an hour and a half of play time in before I had to go to work, and I have to say so far I am impressed.

The game itself is just beautiful, even though I am playing on 360 the graphics are fantastic and the Audio Quality is top notch. The score is akin  and perhaps superior to Major Motion Pictures, and the voice talent is top notch (Peter Dinklage from Game of Thrones/XMen Days of Future Past plays your "Ghost" that accompanies you and Nathan Fillion is strong as well). I was worried about the Ghost Character being annoying, as I am a Veteran of the Legend of Zelda games and still recovering from Navi's presence, but he serves only as a guide and helper during the quests, and doesn't constantly nag you to go somewhere or do something.

I love the way the game runs. It's cool having the safe zone of the Tower to explore and learn, and the locations you can travel to in order to complete quests are enormous. I was wondering how it would work with other players running around in my area, but it is cool to be able to run over and assist someone who is being overwhelmed with enemies or have them do the same for you. For the most part, I didn't run into anyone when on my actual quests all that much.

The weapons thus far have a good feel to them, and each feels unique. I have only used a limited number of weapons, but the ones I have used each has it's own quirks and qualities. The Pulse gun, for example, requires you stay on target for a few seconds as it charges up. The resulting blast is quite effective, but in order for it to work you have to stay on target and really be strategic. The Melee attacks are just ridiculously fun to use. Always fun to see the Fallen go flying like rag dolls.

The AI thus far seems to be pretty strong. You really have to plan out your battles and use cover effectively to restore your health or you can expect to die pretty quickly. I felt like I was able to use a lot of my CoD skills in the battles: Strike, relocate, strike again, and then flank to finish them off. While the enemies are alien creatures, they move pretty fluidly and even lean around corners. They will counter your actions, so you have to stay a step ahead of them.

What amazes me is that this is just a Beta, yet it seems to have more substance and content than many complete games I've played. I had limited time to play today, so I basically went from objective to objective, but it seemed (and maybe folks with more time in can help me out here) that there were places in each section to explore beyond the quests. I kept finding staircases and hidden alcoves that I just didn't have time to explore, but I wonder what I would find if I had.

So far I am really enjoying it. Time will tell if it is something that will hold my interest or just be a passing fancy.

I have yet to discover the Multiplayer... any tips from those with more experience on how to find it?

"Being Human totally sucks most of the time.

Videogames are the only thing that make life bearable."

-Anorak's Almanac, Chapter 91, Verses 1-2
NiceDrewishFela Level 75

Hey, listen.

Destiny is going to run at 1080p 60fps on the PS4, not sure about other consoles. If you want people to drop in and help you you have to switch your privacy settings to public or only friends can join. There's a lot learn about Destiny, I probably have 20+ hours into it already and that's only in the few days that they BETA has been up. It's a great game and like you said, it's only the BETA. I'd easily have paid $30 if this was standalone.

Ghamorra Level 75

nicedrewishfela wrote:

What amazes me is that this is just a Beta, yet it seems to have more substance and content than many complete games I've played.

this is what has startled me as well, its just a beta. A sample, a test, a piece. And it has far more substance than COD, and many more games out there. This brings about questions like: Have I been sold games with less value for the same price, why am I paying for half priced games? How is this going to set the standard for other games?

of our training"
Izjar11 Level 75

Call of Duty is in trouble. Destiny's PvP will rival CoD but they also have 4 other known gamemodes that are far more massive and enjoyable. The only salvation Call of Duty has is it's history, that's it. Unless they completely revolutionize their 6v6 I don't know how they'll stick around.

Ghamorra Level 75

Studios