The Official Unofficial Destiny Thread

Advanced Warfare Off-Topic

gotsomestars wrote:

On the other side of the argument,  I'd tell you, don't buy it unless you're 100% sure you have a group to play with. Playing solo gets boring after about 4 hours. The story was pretty bad, considering the hype. But if you didn't pay attention it's average. I also think random loot is bad, in cod, and destiny. I was really, really excited for destiny,  and in turn, I was really really disappointed.

Although you are absolutely correct, finding people to play is simple as falling out of the back of a moving truck. I am not going to start a debate on the merits of looking outside the game for a group to play with and whether or not it should be an in-game process, but it works.

If none of my friends are online (which is rare is hell), I load up an external matchmaking site and I am playing in minutes (yes minutes) and made a lot more friends that way.

And if you think about it: How many people are on your PSN/XBOX friends list that you met outside playing games (e.g. the COD forums).  Like you and I: we met here!

No difference if you ask me...  Finding people to play with "IS" a joke... but yes, you absolutely "MUST" have people to play with or the game gets stale faster then bread left outside in the sun.  The game was always advertised as a social game.

RLBL

Also if you want to get extremely tight package of Destiny story without spoiling any of the actual events in game here it is:

Traveler came to the solar system bringing with itself light. The arrival of Traveler started Golden Age for humans and they were able to settle into new planets and moons that the Traveler terramorphed so they were viable for life. Humans took huge leaps in science finding new elements like Arc, Solar and Void. Humans lived longer and nations seemed to work together to advance the human race. They also created a new weapons as well as robotic Exo warriors and a warmind called Rasputin (basically Skynet that doesn't want to harm people). So all was well until the Darknes arrived that was after the Traveller.

Rasputin took control of the defense of mankind and fought against the Darkness but it soon realized that the defenses could not win the Darkness and instead called all troops back to live to another day and at somepoint fight the Darkness if they were strong enough. Because the defenses fell the Golden Age ended with Collapse. In the Collapse majority of humanity was destroyed.

Some of the people started to flee in spaceships the Darkness but their escape ended in the Asteroid belt when their ships were destroyed creating the Reef. Human survivors were infused in Darkness and radiation and became the race Awoken now living in the Reef. Most of the Exos were destroyed in the battle but after the Rasputin gave up the remaining Exos were no longer controlled by the Warmind but became instead selfaware machines.

Rest of the humans and Exos made the last stand for mankind on Earth called The Last City. With it's last remaining strength the Traveller sacrificed something of itself in order to push the Darkness away to buy some time to the remains of mankind and it also created the Ghosts that would seek dead people and bring them back to life as Guardins to fight the Darkness and the alien races now invading the solar system. The Guardinas are able to controll these elements foud during Golden Age called Arc, Solar and Void and use them as weapons.

There is aslo rich backstory on the alien races we are fighting against and why they are here. For example the Fallen were abandoned by the Traveller and they turned into scavengers and pirates tracking down the Traveller who fled their homeworld which fell to the Darkness.

matuzz

Why did they kill Mara and her brother?

It's not how I say it. It's how you understand it.
Shadowronald

ShadowRonald wrote:

Why did they kill Mara and her brother?

SPOILERS:

The Brother is alive and looking for the Queen.

matuzz
Highlighted

He is? I only saw the video but haven't played further in the game yet.

It's not how I say it. It's how you understand it.
Shadowronald

The new patch that comes with Taken King will actually change the loot system. The game will track what gear you already have and what you might need and so will tone done the RNG and give more suitable rewards. They are also getting rid of the light level system so your level is not tied to the gear you are wearing

wearing.

matuzz

250 000 people watched the year 2 Twitch stream. Pretty good considering it started 11am PST

matuzz

matuzz wrote:

250 000 people watched the year 2 Twitch stream. Pretty good considering it started 11am PST

My friends and I watched it. We geeked out on so much. SOOOO looking forward to TTK.

Moderator Moderator

The changes really look awesome and that sword... Oh my!

matuzz

2.0 Patch will add Crucible preview for all players, that will have the new modes and maps for testing. The gunsmith will also have guns TTK guns that you can take for test.

matuzz

Studios