Advanced Warfare General Discussion

PING

So I tested my ping earlier. Tested on a New York server(450miles), an Atlanta server,(200 miles) and a San Francisco server(2100 miles). Got between 43-47 from each and a Jitter of 14. Just wondering if that was good or bad. This was a wireless test.

Twitch_865
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: PING

in reply to Twitch_865
Solution

I wouldn't be happy with a jitter of 14 but I would wager you have a better connection than most of the people who play this game. I don't know if you're having problems or not but if you're interested in lowering your jitter then here's a few suggestions you can try.

Router Config

Make sure you have your rig/console set to a static ip or reserved by mac in the router settings with all the proper ports forwarded for your preferred console/rig.  Setup QOS (quality of service) with highest priority. Try selecting a different wireless channel. I don't recommend this but you can try a lower MTU setting which takes a trial and error approach in order to find a stable setting. I wouldn't go any lower than 1400. This will slightly nerf your connection speed, but it will most likely be stable.  This is just a temporary solution and one that I definitely don't recommend if you're sharing your internet with a lot of people.   

Check the hardware

First unplug your modem /router for a hard reset (always clear your browser cookies before testing) and test again. Try testing a wired connection your router, and also a connection hardwired to the modem. Then you know if the problem was wireless if it goes away when wired to the router. If the problem went away when hardwired to the modem then it is most likely a bad ethernet cord or router.  If the problem still persists then call your ISP and have them out to check the modem levels and wiring.

Laggggggg
9 REPLIES

in reply to Twitch_865

47ms ping to a server 2100 miles awey is very good... but the jitter is not. You want that to be zero or close to it.

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
RAN Kismet Level 75

in reply to Twitch_865

I can understand that you may have to use wireless. But, you would get better results with an  Ethernet cable.  IF you had a jitter of 14 wired then I'd be ringing your ISP to see if it could be improved.  Since you are using wireless, the first thing you should look at is the wireless settings in your router.  Check what channels that you are using. Wifi signal can be interfered with by ordinary household devices. Rule of thumb - select the highest channel possible.

________
FalconR6 | Community Forum Moderator

Moderator Moderator

in reply to Twitch_865
Solution

I wouldn't be happy with a jitter of 14 but I would wager you have a better connection than most of the people who play this game. I don't know if you're having problems or not but if you're interested in lowering your jitter then here's a few suggestions you can try.

Router Config

Make sure you have your rig/console set to a static ip or reserved by mac in the router settings with all the proper ports forwarded for your preferred console/rig.  Setup QOS (quality of service) with highest priority. Try selecting a different wireless channel. I don't recommend this but you can try a lower MTU setting which takes a trial and error approach in order to find a stable setting. I wouldn't go any lower than 1400. This will slightly nerf your connection speed, but it will most likely be stable.  This is just a temporary solution and one that I definitely don't recommend if you're sharing your internet with a lot of people.   

Check the hardware

First unplug your modem /router for a hard reset (always clear your browser cookies before testing) and test again. Try testing a wired connection your router, and also a connection hardwired to the modem. Then you know if the problem was wireless if it goes away when wired to the router. If the problem went away when hardwired to the modem then it is most likely a bad ethernet cord or router.  If the problem still persists then call your ISP and have them out to check the modem levels and wiring.

Laggggggg

in reply to Laggggggg

try a older COD and see if it happens there.

i'll bet its the game. this is how this game plays.

Robaboa1

in reply to Robaboa1

The game has ran great for me since the last patch. I have almost no connections problems besides the rare bad lobby. Sorry if you're having problems but the OP was just asking about  a connection test.

Laggggggg

in reply to Laggggggg

@Laggggggg wrote:

Router Config

Check the hardware

Hey bro, I have a few questions, bc from watching Game play on yt for infinite warfare, it seems like people just get melted and hit markers hit every time.

I'm on a wired connection(300down/30up-fluctuations of course. With a PS4 on and iPhone connected and my laptop wired to my router my ISP test from my internet provider it's about 60/6 maybe that's the issue?), nighthawk R7000 router bridged from tg2472g cox cable wifi modem , QoS gaming enabled, upnp and DMz with a static ip for my PS4, and my bufferbloat is sporadic on my PS4 system it won't even show the buffer bloat grade. but it's pretty smooth when testing on my wired laptop it gets a a A to A+ grade yet my shots don't register atleast not nearly as well or anyone else I see on YouTube or during gameplay .

Do you know what the issue is? My jitter is usually in the 2-6 sometimes higher. I don't know how to stop the jitter or the high pinging and I've tried everything. PF static ip, namebench, could be my wifi modem but I turned it into just a modem when bridging and my router isn't in AP mode either. I'm confused on this ***** and it's irritating. Can you help In anyway? 

Lmk or hmu on PS4 xLeonidas---

xLeonidas---_5306935

in reply to Twitch_865

hello i have been playing alittle bit of the new codbo3 and i why cant i EVER FIND A LOW PING FUCKING SERVER, its always USA server and not AUS or close to it, im sorry for acting this way but i have been a Big fan/follower at the very start or cod UO sooo u might understand my pain to see the game to get better and SHITTER MUCH MUCH SHITTER , just bring cod back the way it ment to be like cod4 or even cod 2 because we could pick the right server for the payers. all we need is better ping, better ping mean better game......... need to fix this problem is COD . i love the new cod  and i no its beta and u need to place it in... bring back servers like cod 2 , ill make the game play better for every one ..

Rage123m

in reply to Rage123m

Im also in AU, but how big do you think the market is in AU compared to USA, Europe, etc.. its not worth their while to make games good for us - if we stopped buying their games they wouldnt miss our few dollars.

UCD_28164373017
Highlighted

in reply to Twitch_865

hello plz fix our ping in IRAN .  we have red ping . plz . plz. plz .plz .plz

Studios