No more support"streaks"

Advanced Warfare General Discussion

Re: No more support"streaks"

in reply to Be_sharp_Sabre

I just think it is ultimately the best. Slayers get their rewards. Support players get their rewards...  those who aren't involved get diddly squat.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

Be_sharp_Sabre wrote:

48% of the times some player will use support for himself

Where did you get that stat?

You wouldnt just pull a random, biased number, out of your hat ..... would you?

Level 28

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

Level 75

I feel that support streaks don't belong in the game.  It allows just about anyone to get streaks which leads to way too many streaks being used.  That is especially true when you're talking about radar streaks (uav, sat com, and spy plane).  Way too many of those get called in which makes Ghost, OTG, assassin, etc. a must have perk.  CoD isn't meant to be played with the radar on, but in MW3 (in particular) it seemed that the radar was constantly on. 

It also takes away from balanced player vs player gameplay. Ballistic vests are more effective for a team than most of the assault streaks.  I don't see how it's fair when you're up against a team who has 250 points of health most of the time because their players are using support.  Yes, I'm aware that AP rounds counter it. 

The oracle (wall hacks) is another support streak that takes away from the game.  A team with an oracle gains a massive advantage just because someone can get 14 points in one game.  Yes, you can counter it, but as this point you would already be using two perks and an attachment solely to counter support streaks. 

Now, we get to the support streaks that can't be countered.

The support squad mate can get kills, play the objective, and distract the enemy.  He functions as an above average CoD player.  In my experience, he usually gets 1-3 kills while playing the objective and helping teammates get kills.  If you run into an enemy player that has a support squad mate with them, then there is a good chance you will die.  It doesn't really matter how much better you are than the other player. 

The recon juggernaut gives the player a ridiculous amount of health that allows them to destroy players that are much better. Streaks like this destroy the skill gap.

The odin spawns a juggernaut, drops support care packages, and tags enemies on the mini map.  Once again, a juggernaut is running around killing players that it never would if they had the same health.  Teammates also get support packages which leads to more oracles, juggernaut recons, squad mates etc.

A team that is trying to win would be foolish to use anything other than support streaks.  They are completely out of balance.  I just gave a few examples of how effective some of them are.  I don't have enough experience with the other ones to comment on them. 

Level 16
Highlighted

in reply to LVLikeG

LVLikeG wrote:

I feel that support streaks don't belong in the game.  It allows just about anyone to get streaks which leads to way too many streaks being used.  That is especially true when you're talking about radar streaks (uav, sat com, and spy plane).  Way too many of those get called in which makes Ghost, OTG, assassin, etc. a must have perk.  CoD isn't meant to be played with the radar on, but in MW3 (in particular) it seemed that the radar was constantly on. 

You must be about the only person complaining that too many SATCOMS are being used because it used to be complaint number 1:

Sample quotes:

1. "If we made satcoms stronger, maybe that will give more incentive to using Off The Grid and making perk choices have more weight to them."

Source: http://community.callofduty.com/message/415104133#415104133

2. "Does it matter how long they last? You can't spot off the grid campers and even if you manage to get the full effect of the 4 satcoms it doesn't even last 5 seconds and it doesn't spot off the grid. Sometimes I feel like im the only one running SATCOM'S. I get why they made it this way, but why punish the better players who knows how to use the UAV/ to their advantage?"

Source: http://community.callofduty.com/message/415028953#415028953

Those are but two samples, there are many more complaints on SATCOM being weak.

LVLikeG wrote:

It also takes away from balanced player vs player gameplay. Ballistic vests are more effective for a team than most of the assault streaks.  I don't see how it's fair when you're up against a team who has 250 points of health most of the time because their players are using support.  Yes, I'm aware that AP rounds counter it. 

So if you are aware that AP counter it, whats the problem?

LVLikeG wrote:

The oracle (wall hacks) is another support streak that takes away from the game.  A team with an oracle gains a massive advantage just because someone can get 14 points in one game.  Yes, you can counter it, but as this point you would already be using two perks and an attachment solely to counter support streaks. 

Wall hack? What is this made up stuff people come up with? Geez so dumb. Is this your first COD? Remember the Black bird, the advanced UAV, the Orbital VSAT? Tell me were those any different better or worse? Those had no counter (the AUAV had to be shot down) and they all lasted allot longer than the ORACLE.

LVLikeG wrote:

Now, we get to the support streaks that can't be countered.

The support squad mate can get kills, play the objective, and distract the enemy.  He functions as an above average CoD player.  In my experience, he usually gets 1-3 kills while playing the objective and helping teammates get kills.  If you run into an enemy player that has a support squad mate with them, then there is a good chance you will die.  It doesn't really matter how much better you are than the other player.

The recon juggernaut gives the player a ridiculous amount of health that allows them to destroy players that are much better. Streaks like this destroy the skill gap.

The odin spawns a juggernaut, drops support care packages, and tags enemies on the mini map.  Once again, a juggernaut is running around killing players that it never would if they had the same health.  Teammates also get support packages which leads to more oracles, juggernaut recons, squad mates etc.

A team that is trying to win would be foolish to use anything other than support streaks.  They are completely out of balance.  I just gave a few examples of how effective some of them are.  I don't have enough experience with the other ones to comment on them.

Squadmate: Nerfed beyond useful

Recon Jug: A armed dude with a pistol (how terrible  that is)

Odin: Jugg, does not "run" and the three packages the odin drops can be taken if your good enough.

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

in reply to Izjar11

You must be a shitty player. You hate VSAT's, UAV's, High Streaks.. Is there anything you don't like, besides Shyt?

Level 19

in reply to PUR4IDO

PUR4IDO wrote:

You must be a shitty player. You hate VSAT's, UAV's, High Streaks.. Is there anything you don't like, besides Shyt?

And where did he say any of this?

Level 75

in reply to PUR4IDO

PUR4IDO wrote:

WHAT? LOL

When did I say I hate any of that?

Oh brother, the ability to make junk up is amazing on these threads. Good one.

And Yes, I am a TERRIBLE COD player, the worse of the worse, total garbage absolutely USELESS I just play to shoot in the air and dance about.

Nice try

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

in reply to Izjar11

You must be about the only person complaining that too many SATCOMS are being used because it used to be complaint number 1:

I never complained.  I simply stated that support streaks lead to an abundance of sat coms and uavs (depending on the game). 

So if you are aware that AP counter it, whats the problem?

The issue is that you are forced to use a certain attachment if you don't want to be at a 100 point vs 250 point health disadvantage.  A bad player with a ballistic vest still has a huge advantage over a good player (that doesn't have AP rounds) without one.

Wall hack? What is this made up stuff people come up with? Geez so dumb. Is this your first COD? Remember the Black bird, the advanced UAV, the Orbital VSAT? Tell me were those any different better or worse? Those had no counter (the AUAV had to be shot down) and they all lasted allot longer than the ORACLE.

It is similar to what would have been referred to as a wall hack in other games.  No, this is not my first CoD.  I've probably been playing longer than you.  The black bird and orbital vsat were better for skilled players and worse for unskilled players.  Both of them required the player to multitask and look at the radar as well as the screen.  They also had to be earned by going on a streak.  They had no counters and I don't agree with that.  I feel that they should have at least been able to be shot down.  I didn't mention them because this discussion is about support streaks and neither game had them.  The advance uav was countered by assassin.  Assassin countered both the uav and advanced uav.  In Ghosts, two perks are needed to counter the sat com and oracle.  Together, they take up nearly half of your loadout.  You should also know that the blackbird and orbital vsat lasted 45 seconds, advance uav 30 seconds, and the oracle lasts 60 seconds. 

Squadmate: Nerfed beyond useful

Nope, it still incredibly useful.

Recon Jug: A armed dude with a pistol (how terrible  that is)

Have you played the game?  It is a "dude" with a riot shield and pistol who effectively has more than 10 times the normal amount of health. 

Odin: Jugg, does not "run" and the three packages the odin drops can be taken if your good enough.

I didn't mean that it literally ran, but I'm sure you knew that.  The packages can be taken, but it is unlikely.  No amount of skill can propel you across the map in order to intercept a care package that is next to a juggernaut.  I'm sure you knew that as well. 

Level 16

Studios