Exo abilities.... How do YOU use them ?

Advanced Warfare General Discussion

Exo abilities.... How do YOU use them ?

Casting my mind back I find it strange that there has not been a discussion about the exo abilities.  Specifically, what do you use, and when,,,,,,, what are your tips ?

Do you find a certain exo ability more useful in differing game modes ?

Do you find a certain exo ability more useful in Hardcore or Core ?

Do you have a favorite exo ability just because it's fun ?

Heck, feel free to suggest new exo abilities

EXO's Away.............. over to you

________
FalconR6 | Community Forum Moderator

Moderator Moderator
14 REPLIES

Re: Exo abilities.... How do YOU use them ?

in reply to FalconR6

The only useful Exo abilities are Hover, Overclocked, Trophy and Cloaking, with Trophy being the most useful.  The rest just suck.  The only real advantage to Hover is that it makes getting strafe kills easier.  Otherwise it is pointless.  Overclocked isn't really necessary either.  I do just fine without it, but I suppose it can be useful for some objective games like Capture the Flag where you need a little extra speed.  I also find that Cloaking doesn't fool people too often and its duration is not really that good.  So that just leaves Trophy, which is a necessity for countering noob tubers in Domination. 

Ping WOULD be useful if its duration were not so horribly short.

I think all the exo abilities could use a time buff.

Zorro1267

in reply to Zorro1267

Zorro1267 wrote:

The only useful Exo abilities are Hover, Overclocked, Trophy and Cloaking, with Trophy being the most useful.  The rest just suck.  The only real advantage to Hover is that it makes getting strafe kills easier.  Otherwise it is pointless.  Overclocked isn't really necessary either.  I do just fine without it, but I suppose it can be useful for some objective games like Capture the Flag where you need a little extra speed.  I also find that Cloaking doesn't fool people too often and its duration is not really that good.  So that just leaves Trophy, which is a necessity for countering noob tubers in Domination.

Ping WOULD be useful if its duration were not so horribly short.

I think all the exo abilities could use a time buff.

I always use Overclocked when playing Uplink. It cracks me up that people still pop up from somewhere with cloak thinking I can't see em lol! I can't count how many cloakers I've killed giving that ability way to much credit.

BusterBrown78

in reply to FalconR6

To be completely honest I don't think I've used the Exo Ability to its full potential. I do like using mute or cloaked when playing Search and destroy, Search and rescue and CTF and Trophy when playing Domination or Hardpoint, when playing other modes I usually forget to use the Exo Ability.

I definitely enjoy playing the new Grapple Playlist, I do like that Exo Ability a lot

Tracy | Community Forum Moderator
Moderator Moderator

in reply to tracy

Well the cloak ability is like an invisible sheet when in the light you can be seen cause it is reflecting off of you but when in darkness you can't be seen.

Yubacity132

in reply to FalconR6

If I have an extra spot, I'll usually stick to overclock.  However, based on the game modes:

Domination:  Exo Shield

Hardpoint/Momentum:  Exo Trophy

Uplink/CTF:  Exo Overclock + Exo Stim

~RUGGED SAVIOR

RuggedSavior
Highlighted

in reply to FalconR6

Exo Trophy is the only one I use right now and just started a 100 or so games ago. The rest I don't care for OC is a joke I outrun people with it when I never use it and 99% of the time I'm at the obj way before even OCed guys.

CoD Top 10 in the World Playa
MakoShark222

in reply to FalconR6

I don't use them 99% of the time. Waste of a spot in the pick 13 IMHO even with overcharged. The only time I use an exo ability is when I run hover and overcharged to get the strafe and dogfight camo challenges. Maybe I just suck at utilizing them but I just don't get much use out of any of them.

ORourke27

in reply to FalconR6

My favorite is the EXO Cup Holder.  It holds my drink when I'm chilling out capping an objective, and certainly has more application than the rest of the EXO abilities available (I think you can tell how I feel about them).

gramthenOOb

in reply to FalconR6

I use them on every class and in every game mode. For objective games I use trophy, hover or cloak, depending how I'm playing/what I'm doing. I personally don't think people use them to their potential.

That being said, I also think most of them could use a buff. Trophy for example only stops 2 projectiles. Anyone who plays the objective knows that 2, is not enough. Particularly if there are one (or more) players on the opposing team spamming MDLs.

gotsomestars Level 75

Studios