Does Activision and Co. need to take this forum more seriously?

SOLVED

Advanced Warfare General Discussion

Re: Does Activision and Co. need to take this forum more seriously?

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

I always had the feeling that Fox was itching to jump into some heated conversations and sometimes when he did he still had to restrain himself from getting too opinionated, even if it wasn't topic that could hurt his image. Every time he posted about something he had to reserve himself.

Level 75

in reply to Ghamorra

I imagine it would be the same for us if we had to post on our Company's forums. He  had to be a voice of reason, and a company man as well. Can't fault anyone for that.

Someone once commented that I should be a moderator on here, and Fox replied to them that I would lose "my edge" if I were to become one... meaning I couldn't say what was really on my mind.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador
Highlighted

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

nicedrewishfela wrote:

Activision, in general, needs to spend more time communicating with the community. Maybe not through Forum Threads, but by consistent release of information. It would behoove them as well to keep an eye on these forums, may help them spot potential issues or even act as inspiration for future updates or titles.

Seems to me they should have a CoD Community manager who remains active on these pages, interacting with this community and being an ambassador for the company. Imagine if they had someone posting regularly from E3 with info about AW? Could really be an amazing addition to these forums, which would become a source of info rather than relying on outside sources like CharlieIntel.

This so much this.. I've never understood why CoD doesnt have one central community manager as a first point of call for the community .Ot at least a community "liaison" for the forums

In fairness though the European MAINLAND cod community managers regularly interact with their respective fan sites and their forums, but its regionalised.   with the utmost of respect to atvi here, we have numerous community managers for cod both within atvi itself and the separate studios , community engagement managers, community outreach people..yet no one seems to be in charge of the forums, neither the power of ability to get things fixed or to use the forums as a means of communicating with the community. I can only assume this is because hardly anyone comes here any more for information as they killed off the forums.

End of the day people dont like coming here, noone in ATVI seems to care about this and the chances of getting anything fixed are basically nil as whoever "official" comes on here and blah blahs for a few posts has no power to do or rather get anything done.

Cast your minds back to the start of the year  and my last attempt to get these forums working again...  I Remember when all this was fields... The Forums and community

since then nothings been fixed bar a few minor cosmetic things that took a couple of minutes to do, CS basically destroyed the usability of the support forums, and then took over and the forumitres now view CS as sitting in their little office whispering hail hydra to each other.

Level 75

in reply to Ghamorra

Betacha someone comes along and goes blah blah we're listening blah blah working on stuff blah blah and then 6 months later nothing is fixed or improved ...but we have new support missions for the rewards program made for 10 people

Level 75

in reply to Ghamorra

Do you think any of them read this post?

Level 6

in reply to Dream1up

How does this further the discussion?

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to Dream1up

Dream1up wrote:

Do you think any of them read this post?

easily fixed.

Level 75

in reply to Ghamorra

Claire, like the mother most of you know her as, is normally always watching.

I too spend more time watching than typing*.

I derped.*

in reply to Foxhound-Pro

So Voyeuristic of you.

Activision Ambassador

in reply to Foxhound-Pro

Foxhound-Pro wrote:

Claire, like the mother most of you know her as, is normally always watching.

I too spend more time watching than reading.

what blasphemy is this!!! there is only ONE #CoDmom   , claires more like the cool big sister you actually want to hang out with

Level 75

Studios