COD History from a Forums view! continued.

Advanced Warfare General Discussion

Re: COD History from a Forums view! continued.

in reply to jddrakes

jddrakes wrote:

I would say those people need to seriously stop buying the games!!  Those people are probably one of the most hated player in COD anyway so it would not be a big loss to the community. 

This is my gripe when people (not just you) say "don't buy the game if you don't like {it's predecessor}"

Pre-ordering is understandable however.

Apart from renting the game to trial it (which is not easy for everyone) - how the hell is anyone supposed to find out how it plays ???

If they offered a 2 week demo on PSN/XBL then I would be OK with this but as with anything in life you can YouTube it, research OPINIONS on it from others but end of the day: the only way you will know if you like it is if you play it for a while yourself.

Then and only then can you make an accurate judgement on how you find the game.

Level 38
Highlighted

Re: COD History from a Forums view!

in reply to Izjar11

I hear what you mean, but this game is virtually unplayable, as many of us, I'm a COD Vet and this level of dis-functionality is maxed out.

It's a shame as I think Treyarch are a truly innovative developer with great ideas but all their games have something missing?

How about Treyarch ideas with IW mechanics?

Don't give up just yet, give it time ( But not too much)

Going on campaign/ zombies whilst 3arc sort it. ( count their £$)

Level 20

in reply to WolfRidge

t this game is virtually unplayable, as many of us, I'm a COD Vet and this level of dis-functionality is maxed out.

yes, its unplayable currently.

Going on campaign/ zombies whilst 3arc sort it. ( count their £$)

Started to play zombies yesterday, tranzit is awesome!

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

in reply to Izjar11

Agreed and also the first week of release is always awful with server issues that everyone complains mightly aboot (yes I am canadian).

Level 29

in reply to Izjar11

COD4 MW was an epic game... I think the COD series is like crack though, the first high you get is the best and you can never achieve it again.  In this case COD MW was the first online fps mp I loved on a console, just a great game and while the following editions were fun, they just weren't cod4.  Even though most of them have major issues at launch, we continue to buy them in hopes of achieving that first high which contines to elude us...  I will admit, I got the prestige edition of mw2 was really pissed when the servers kept dying and you couldn't play online with a party for like a week...  I still have those NVG's somewhere...

Level 3

in reply to Be_Smashing

I think the COD series is like crack though, the first high you get is the best and you can never achieve it again

Hmmmm never tried crack to agree to this guy! hahaha but i'll take your word.

I will admit, I got the prestige edition of mw2 was really pissed when the servers kept dying and you couldn't play online with a party for like a week...  I still have those NVG's somewhere..

It seems that we all have some bad blood with COD games, so why do we all get sold again! Why do we allow ourselves to get excited, hopeful and then nothing really ever changed?

Its us, not them that are at fault. So I say this (not at you directly) if you are not satisfied / content DO NOT BUY COD GAMES! You choose to buy it, you choose is the word that many here forget.

I do not like the current connectivity issues, but what can I do? They have addressed the issue, its being worked on (supposedly) this is all the same as previous years.

of our training"
Level 75

in reply to Izjar11

BTW... Check out what they are talking about in XBOX.... They are talking about how the ghost perk is not good enough! In other words, because ghost use to hide you with BO2 you now cannot hide as well! And they are crying as well about it, I suspect as soon as more players begin using it we here on the PS3 forum will hear the whines.

of our training"
Level 75

in reply to Izjar11

hah!

I love ghost.  I can walk up to people when a UAV is up... too funny.

But then, I always used it that way.

Activision Ambassador

in reply to Izjar11

Big Red One.. Awesome

Finest Hour...Good

CoD3...Lunch lost

CoD4...epic, ground breaking game

W@W...good game, functioned like CoD4, patches became problems.

MW2...epic, ground breaking game, functionality, matchmaking was superb. Ingame features could be problematic, yet a gamer adapts.

Black Ops.. good concept, nothing special about it, horrible unfinished game.

MW3...good concept, way to flawed to even enjoy due to matchmaking and synchronization system.

Black OpsII... not up and running well enough yet, Treyarch has shown yet again that Xbox is the lead platform they adhere to.

Level 59

in reply to ChestSplittah

Treyarch has shown yet again that Xbox is the lead platform they adhere to.

Activision executives meet, say yes take as much money in from Microsoft tells treyarch what to do, this is about right.

of our training"
Level 75

Studios