cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost Treasures of Infocom on iOS needs 64-bit support

Activision Support

Highlighted

Activision's collection of Infocom adventures that is available in the iOS app store as the "Lost Treasures of Infocom" requires recompiling as a 64-bit app so that it will run in future versions of iOS. If this is not done, then it is likely that the app will not run in iOS 11 when it becomes available later this year.

William Hern

William_Hern
38 REPLIES 38

I have to agree with William.

As a longtime fan, Lost Treasures of Infocom for iOS is the most well-done and complete collection of all the platforms I've owned it on.

We're not asking for any new features or enhancements ... Just a simple conversion of the current app to 64-bit so we can continue enjoying these games for years to come.

When I reached out to Code Mystics, they said they would be happy to do it, but they just need someone at Activision to authorize it.

If you would do this for all the loyal Infocom fans out there, I can guarantee they would be most appreciative.

Thanks!

brerlappin

I completely agree and second that emotion! Activision should not be selling 32bit games without a commitment to update to 64bit on day one of the IOS 11 release. Please commit to recompiling and testing for any glitches.  People love these games and customers would be very to satisfied if they were to buy the app and it did not work in iOS 11.

Waterwaze
Activision, please update The Lost Treasures of Infocom to 64bit!!
Jens
jensleugengroot

Has there been any official word on this? Is there an email to send this question to?

eroxx

Please Activision, update Lost Treasures of Infocom on iOS, I've bought the app, the games and the extras! Please, consider your customers and suport us, update this awesome app and consider releasing a PC/Mac version on Steam!

Rockenbach

I'd like to echo everyone else's comments.  Without an update to 64 bit this app looks to become unusable in the next couple months when iOS 11 comes out.  Its a great app that I have fully purchased but there is so much content here that I've barely finished a handful of the games.  Please get it updated.  I was thinking of purchasing a keyboard with my next iPad and that would be awesome for these text adventures.

Dopper1

It is great with the keyboard!  Please Activision, consider updating this to 64 bit.  This is such a nice collection.

davidmt

Why does Activision refuse to even address this?  Seems like they just don't care.  If the support is this poor why would anyone want to buy any of their present stuff.

SirAfrica

I must agree.  An update will be needed soon.  Please authorize this update.

Also, while I'm here and asking - a port to the mac app store would be much apprecaited.  I enjoy playing the games on my iOS device but if the option were available to download the progam onto my OS X laptop I would play it more often.  

Thanks for listening.

umarslobberknocker
Visit us for the latest news, game information, screenshots, downloads and links. GO TO BLOGS