cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having connection interrupted/lag spikes during gunfights BO4 PC

Activision Support

Highlighted

Over the last week or so I have been experiencing high amounts of lag during most of my gunfights in Black Ops 4. I initially thought it was on my end and that my internet was just messing up at the worst time of times; however, after testing the problem myself and doing some digging online, I have conluded that it is on Activision's end. I have contacted my ISP to see if my internet is having packet loss or anything of the sort and that was not the case. I have updated my network drivers, I've checked the game files for repairs, I've cleared my error log on windows and restarted my PC to see if anything needed to be cleared, I've reset my interenet on multiple occasions, by both resetting it remotely, and by unplugging it and plugging back in. I've tried port forwarding through both my router and my windows defender firewall, I thought maybe my ethernet splitter was the problem by plugging my computer directly into the modem rather than through the splitter, I've ran the Bnet launcher in administrator mode and tried a few other things to try to fix the problem.

I play on 7Mbps down, 1Mbps up, on a 1080ti, i7 8700k, 32GB DDR4, with the game running on SSD storage. I've been playing other multiplayer first person shooters and a plethora of other online games and have never experienced an issue quite like this. When I play I make sure my PC is the only device consuming bandwidth by turning off my WiFi and disconnecting any wired devices from my modem. I have my task manager open as well when I play to ensure no other programs are using my bandwidth. Even when I am the only person consuming bandwidth I still experience this spiratic lag during gunfights.

I've noticed though that not all my gunfights cause massive ping spikes. The most consistent scenario to cause a ping spike or even a connection interrupted prompt is when I engage in an initial gunfight in any game, those gunfights always result in a massive bump in ping and a moment of disconnect in the game. My ping usually sits anywhere from 50-70ms in most of my games; however, when these laggy gunfights take place my ping shoots anywhere from 200-800ms, sometimes causing a connection interrupted screen for a brief moment.

I compete on a team in custom games and I can always rely on getting extremely laggy gunfights that negatively impact my team's performance. I have been playing since day one and partook in both the multiplayer and black out betas, never until now have I experienced this problem. I've seen other posts on reddit that highlight a very similar problem with reports very similar to mine. Hopefully someone has answers to this problem!

MrAconite
Visit us for the latest news, game information, screenshots, downloads and links. GO TO BLOGS