27 Replies Latest reply: Jul 3, 2014 6:43 AM by idyb RSS

Unnerf snipers

I've played cod for years and not saying im a brilliant player but my kd with all other guns but snipers is above 3kd. I love sniping though getting a kill with a sniper is a lot more rewarding and just recently I've been sniping. But all the nerfs just make sniping so horrible that I dont enjoy it. 90% people.play bo2 to sniper ghost is getting no publicity from snipers on youtube. Never in wholr time playing ghosts have I thought "I would of killed him if I had a sniper" and to make the guns in ghosts evenly matched isnt true to have that. So I urge IW to unnerf snipers.

• Re: Unnerf snipers
          Firesens

What did they nerf...?

Aaron5588

Because MLG and other players who like to run with the MTAR or sit with an LMG did not stand a chance against a single round through their eyesocket. My favorite gun in ghosts is the USR, its is modeled after the M40 series of rifles used in the military. It is truly a great gun, however I miss the days that a head shot with a sniper rifle at any range ment you had to push the X button to respawn. I have lost so many kills for this reason, bolt action rifles are not ment for rapid follow up shots. They are ment to kill or incapacitate your intended target, not highlight your position and allow for a cross map throwing knife kill!!! AND YES THAT HAPPENED TO ME!!! Ohwell it is what it is I suppose, thank you IW...

AlteredVista

The USR does not have any range drop off. It's still a one shot kill in the head at any range with a silencer. I believe from the chest up...used to be waist up before nerf. I'm not sure if you are trolling because the USR is probably the easiest sniper to use in the game.

Firesens

FYI the USR is actually modeled after the M700 Sniper Rifle not the M40 Series.

Also instead of quickscoping if you had used the weapon the right way maybe you would be more accurate and on point with your shots.

PatMoran

Its fine. Just because you cant quick scope or do 360 no scopes like an idiot with it doesnt mean it sucks. People dont play, they RUIN Black Ops 2 with that PEWPEW crap.

zingaa

Go ahead and unnerf them, you'll still lose. If you need to justify a gun being unnerfed, chances are you're a bad player to begin with.

Carvalho16

Using Black Ops II as a precedent for sniping is hardly a good idea since snipers were the most broken in that game than they have ever been in the history of the franchise.

myevo8you

Carvalho16 wrote:

Using Black Ops II as a precedent for sniping is hardly a good idea since snipers were the most broken in that game than they have ever been in the history of the franchise.

MW2 owns the most broken snipers in COD history.

BO1 had the BEST sniping mechanics of any COD that we have got on consoles.

Carvalho16

Cmon really? Just look at this nonsense:

Between the SVU spray and pray vortex sniper and the DSR shotgun, throw in hitboxes the size of the incredible Hulk and this game was doomed to this idiotic weapon class. At least on MW2 you had Stopping Power to help counter the snipers. In Black Ops II you were at the mercy of low damage autos across the board, snipers with built in Toughness perk and the worst hit detection/camera work/lag compensation I have ever seen.

myevo8you

Carvalho16 wrote:

Cmon really? Just look at this nonsense:

Between the SVU spray and pray vortex sniper and the DSR shotgun, throw in hitboxes the size of the incredible Hulk and this game was doomed to this idiotic weapon class. At least on MW2 you had Stopping Power to help counter the snipers. In Black Ops II you were at the mercy of low damage autos across the board, snipers with built in Toughness perk and the worst hit detection/camera work/lag compensation I have ever seen.

That is BO2, I said BLACK OPS 1 (ONE).

Medrano911

The snipers are fine for me as I never started to use them until after the nerf, and by far they are the easiest for me to quickscope with in any of the other cods, even with the lynx it is possible!

LVLikeG

They don't get as much publicity on youtube because most youtubers quickscope and don't actually snipe. 

nicedrewishfela

Buff your game.

idyb

I think the snipers are actually very well balanced. Black Ops 2 snipers were overpowered. That's just a fact. In built focus and quickdraw, and ridiculous bullet magnetism. One thing people do not realize is that snipers in Ghosts still have the most autoaim in the game. For people who do not know how autoaim works in Ghosts let me explain. Load up a private match and make sure your dummy account is not using Incog. Where-ever the name tag pops up is the autoaim range. However, with all weapons (except snipers) players moving are not effected by autoaim. Snipers for some reason have longer autoaim range and get autoaim while dragging the scope on a moving target. Yes, snipers are the only guns to get autoaim on moving targets. I have never been killed off hitbox by any weapon other than a sniper. This is either due to killcam lag or bullet magnetism.

To me, the snipers are not hard to use at all. The USR is very noob friendly and easy for quickscoping even without quickdraw. I have three guile suits in Ghosts myself. I got the first two rushing with USR and last using the Maverick A-2 going for a slower style to see if I could learn angles (I still managed to quickscope often with the Maverick and no quickdraw). The only sniper that is actually difficult to use is the VKS. Although, I run chrome barrel on every sniper so if you are running silencer then you might have a point.

ButterflyDream

Snipers are already well balanced in ghosts. It is people that use them wrong. I do well with snipers on all maps, not because i am a gifted sniper but because i am using the sniper knowing its strengths and weaknesses according to a particular map and adjusting my game according to that. Snipers in ghosts are not underpowered nor OP (far far far from OP) if anything IW has done something right. Except i think the silencer on a sniper rifle is pretty useless right now, but it is not a big deal.

shonk

Stop crying you are clearly just bad at sniping

Im the first to admit i hate quick scoper's as its just abuse of the mechanics of the game

anyway i was playing strikezone dom earlier

we won ofc but there was someone on the other side

quick scoping only and he dropped a 59-18 was a total freak with a sniper

so you can do just fine in ghosts if you are actually good at sniping

rrclimber

Check out this vid. 9lives sniping without aim assist. Sniping is not an abuse of a game mechanic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtnoGzJZkeQ

So there's this thing called bullet magnetism which is a hitbox issue and turning off aim assist doesn't fix it. The bullet still travels sideways to the target which is a form of aim assist. Turning off aim assist in the menu only turns off the stick aim. Also, he says snipers in Ghosts do not get aim assist until they are fully ADS. Again, not true. The second you start the ADS autoaim starts into effect. There's a guy I remember who pretty much proved that autoaim does not effect moving targets (for all guns including snipers), but for some reason snipers were bugged and bullet magnetism would still work. So yes, it's still a bug with the engine, and turning off stick aim does not remove hitbox issues and bullet magnetism.

rrclimber

This would be a more compelling argument if you weren't just making things up. First let me quote a dev for you.

No aim assist from the hip, which was a huge part of how Quick Scoping worked in previous games. Players now have to aim unassisted until fully scoped in.

That  is from Teanah and can be found right here on this forum. Upcoming Improvements to Call of Duty: Ghosts

Second, he chose Black Ops 1 because it was one of the few titles that allowed you turn off aim assist. Black Ops 1 is also notorious for being one of the most difficult COD's to snipe in. The guns would pull off to the side when you aimed forcing you to correct the rifle before you could fire. Bullet magnetism is the reason why he is still able to quickly aim at a target and hit a shot? c'mon. Bullet magnetism was and is a complaint about people hip firing with smg's without actually having to aim at target.

Lucent76

Heres a better plan.

Remove quickscoping from the game completely or give them their own playlist.

Quickscoping is the single most ridiculous thing in Call of Duty.

As for the OP I was killed repetitively by a skilled Ghost Quickscoper today 1 shot 1 kill.

ButterflyDream

the use of the word "skilled" says it all right there.

To get rid of quickscoping completely would actually make the gun mechanism unrealistic. They can make it harder but to get rid of it completely means that theoretically you could not raise a gun and shoot. People are generally dimwitted with what they expect gun mechanism to be i.e draw and shoot. The fact that you can't hipfire a sniper with any accuracy now is laughably absurd. Line 10 cans up and with a sniper rifle at point blank range i will hipfire and hit all 10 cans easily. Try that in the game and you might get 3/10 people. Somehow that seems rather silly to me.

Take away bullet magnitism, aim assist etc.. and i guarantee people will who are skilled will still beable to quickscope without too much difficulty. Nerf the draw time to unusuability means the gun mechanism itself is broken. The only way to get rid of QS completely and maintain some form of suitable gun mechanism is to get rid of snipers completely.

IMO ghosts sniping mechanism is not perfect but it is perfectly suitable in regard to weapon balance in the game.

zzyzzwix

Snipers were nerfed? They're still pretty damn good to me, then again I'm the only one who still calls the MSBS good as opposed to "UGH THEY WRECKED IT ITS UNUSABLE EUGH".

idyb

Snipers are fine in Ghosts. They were nerfed in comparison to how stupid easy they were in BO2, but if people think they are hard to use then they are simply bad at sniping. I have multiple accounts, and I've completed the guile suit challenge three times. I quickscope and take camping shots from weird angles and use whatever tactic needs to get done. I've had about a 5 k/d with snipers and usually lead the lobby or at least my team. There are times I know bullet magnetism aided my kill based on where I got the hitmarker, but it's not nearly as drastic as it used to be. I think if they nerfed them too hard they would break the whole class, but people who think they are bad now just don't know how to use them right. I can still quickscope, even without quickdraw.