1 2 3 4 Previous Next 74 Replies Latest reply: Jun 30, 2014 4:34 PM by AntiGov Go to original post RSS
      • 10. Re: No more support"streaks"
        PUR4IDO

gotsomestars wrote:

Support streaks are great. They allow players to.... wait for it..... support.

As drew said, who deserves a bonus more, the guy putting his kd on the line to keep going after that flag that no one wants to cap? Or the guy laying prone in a random sight line ?

Just like every cod has campers, there will always be players that don't play the objective, kill whore, etc. The **** kid that dies trying to play the objective is worse than the kill whore. Every time he dies trying to cap or collect a tag, he's feeding kills.

You shouldn't get a bonus for failing.

• 11. Re: No more support"streaks"
          Izjar11

Be_sharp_Sabre wrote:

I know support means support your team, but since Mw3 the support was dominant among many players making the assault being used rarely.

Thats a brocken thing for example a player is using the assault streak, is going to be hard to get an Osprey gunner or an Ac-130

if he/she dies he was to start all over his streak.

But using the support (why streak?)  you could die as many times and yet get rewarded. These are not lethal streaks but rewarding for not being in a longer streak?

Instead of rewarding the "Bad" players, put the system that Black ops 2 did the scorestreaks promoting the team play.

Many would disagree with me. But this is just my opinion. 

Let's not make this a Ghosts.

Considering support requires getting kills lets revisit your complaint:

6 kills for ammo crate

8 for ballistics

9 for the MAAWS <---- this being the first one that you can possibly kill someone with, possibly.

10 KILLS for a night owl <----- The "bad" player now has a night owl to use at ten kill, producing nothing much.

**11 Kills > the Dreaded Squad mate < it takes 11 kills from a "bad" player to get a streak worthy of killing / defending / helping and its now super nerfed.

12 kills ground jammer

12 kills air superiority

13 Heli sniper > Another possible kill streak in support but you know it, and I know it its useless.

14 Oracle > This is possibly the most versatile support streak, nullified by a perk! Go figure.

14 kills Jug recon, a heavily armored (slow poke) with a .45 pistol.

16 kills to a odin, which does not kill anyone but does SUPPORT the team.

Support is a very useful and interesting aspect much improved from MW3 to Ghost.

But on the subject, AW being new probably will not have it.

But guess what, it will have something that will probably annoy players like you cause the truth is, the annoyance comes from you.

• 12. Re: No more support"streaks"
            scotland-rules

I like support streaks because it gives me a chance to help my team in a non lethal capacity. I don't think someone running around in domination getting kills without doing the objective deserves to be rewarded and I didn't the solution was Black Ops 2 system as someone could easily still get streaks. It just took slightly longer.

I'm not a bad player and can often cycle through streaks easily on support and I enjoy helping my team and getting XP rewarded for it.

I think it also helps balance the killstreaks options out because many aren't able to get assault streaks but still want to offer something to their team. Like vests, ammo creates, Scout Pilot Helicopter thing (yes I know I failed naming it). So they do have a fairly good role.

• 13. Re: No more support"streaks"
              LVLikeG

I feel that support streaks don't belong in the game.  It allows just about anyone to get streaks which leads to way too many streaks being used.  That is especially true when you're talking about radar streaks (uav, sat com, and spy plane).  Way too many of those get called in which makes Ghost, OTG, assassin, etc. a must have perk.  CoD isn't meant to be played with the radar on, but in MW3 (in particular) it seemed that the radar was constantly on. 

It also takes away from balanced player vs player gameplay. Ballistic vests are more effective for a team than most of the assault streaks.  I don't see how it's fair when you're up against a team who has 250 points of health most of the time because their players are using support.  Yes, I'm aware that AP rounds counter it. 

The oracle (wall hacks) is another support streak that takes away from the game.  A team with an oracle gains a massive advantage just because someone can get 14 points in one game.  Yes, you can counter it, but as this point you would already be using two perks and an attachment solely to counter support streaks. 

Now, we get to the support streaks that can't be countered.

The support squad mate can get kills, play the objective, and distract the enemy.  He functions as an above average CoD player.  In my experience, he usually gets 1-3 kills while playing the objective and helping teammates get kills.  If you run into an enemy player that has a support squad mate with them, then there is a good chance you will die.  It doesn't really matter how much better you are than the other player. 

The recon juggernaut gives the player a ridiculous amount of health that allows them to destroy players that are much better. Streaks like this destroy the skill gap.

The odin spawns a juggernaut, drops support care packages, and tags enemies on the mini map.  Once again, a juggernaut is running around killing players that it never would if they had the same health.  Teammates also get support packages which leads to more oracles, juggernaut recons, squad mates etc.

A team that is trying to win would be foolish to use anything other than support streaks.  They are completely out of balance.  I just gave a few examples of how effective some of them are.  I don't have enough experience with the other ones to comment on them. 

• 14. Re: No more support"streaks"
                LVLikeG

Who deserves the bonus more, the guy who has gone 10-0 defending the B flag or the guy who keeps rushing the other team's spawn (while you have 2 flags) and is going 10-20?  You can easily create scenarios that fit your argument. 

• 15. Re: No more support"streaks"
                  LVLikeG

Objective play could be rewarded by using a Black Ops 2 streak system.  Support streaks aren't needed to do that.

• 16. Re: No more support"streaks"
                    Izjar11

LVLikeG wrote:

I feel that support streaks don't belong in the game.  It allows just about anyone to get streaks which leads to way too many streaks being used.  That is especially true when you're talking about radar streaks (uav, sat com, and spy plane).  Way too many of those get called in which makes Ghost, OTG, assassin, etc. a must have perk.  CoD isn't meant to be played with the radar on, but in MW3 (in particular) it seemed that the radar was constantly on. 

You must be about the only person complaining that too many SATCOMS are being used because it used to be complaint number 1:

Sample quotes:

1. "If we made satcoms stronger, maybe that will give more incentive to using Off The Grid and making perk choices have more weight to them."

Source: http://community.callofduty.com/message/415104133#415104133

2. "Does it matter how long they last? You can't spot off the grid campers and even if you manage to get the full effect of the 4 satcoms it doesn't even last 5 seconds and it doesn't spot off the grid. Sometimes I feel like im the only one running SATCOM'S. I get why they made it this way, but why punish the better players who knows how to use the UAV/ to their advantage?"

Source: http://community.callofduty.com/message/415028953#415028953

Those are but two samples, there are many more complaints on SATCOM being weak.

LVLikeG wrote:

It also takes away from balanced player vs player gameplay. Ballistic vests are more effective for a team than most of the assault streaks.  I don't see how it's fair when you're up against a team who has 250 points of health most of the time because their players are using support.  Yes, I'm aware that AP rounds counter it. 

So if you are aware that AP counter it, whats the problem?

LVLikeG wrote:

The oracle (wall hacks) is another support streak that takes away from the game.  A team with an oracle gains a massive advantage just because someone can get 14 points in one game.  Yes, you can counter it, but as this point you would already be using two perks and an attachment solely to counter support streaks. 

Wall hack? What is this made up stuff people come up with? Geez so dumb. Is this your first COD? Remember the Black bird, the advanced UAV, the Orbital VSAT? Tell me were those any different better or worse? Those had no counter (the AUAV had to be shot down) and they all lasted allot longer than the ORACLE.

LVLikeG wrote:

Now, we get to the support streaks that can't be countered.

The support squad mate can get kills, play the objective, and distract the enemy.  He functions as an above average CoD player.  In my experience, he usually gets 1-3 kills while playing the objective and helping teammates get kills.  If you run into an enemy player that has a support squad mate with them, then there is a good chance you will die.  It doesn't really matter how much better you are than the other player.

The recon juggernaut gives the player a ridiculous amount of health that allows them to destroy players that are much better. Streaks like this destroy the skill gap.

The odin spawns a juggernaut, drops support care packages, and tags enemies on the mini map.  Once again, a juggernaut is running around killing players that it never would if they had the same health.  Teammates also get support packages which leads to more oracles, juggernaut recons, squad mates etc.

A team that is trying to win would be foolish to use anything other than support streaks.  They are completely out of balance.  I just gave a few examples of how effective some of them are.  I don't have enough experience with the other ones to comment on them.

Squadmate: Nerfed beyond useful

Recon Jug: A armed dude with a pistol (how terrible  that is)

Odin: Jugg, does not "run" and the three packages the odin drops can be taken if your good enough.

• 17. Re: No more support"streaks"
                      ghamorra

At 5 kills you get Riley the Wonder Dog, how is that skill? I've gotten as many as 5 in a single match. At most I've gotten 3 Oracles which is probably the only notable Support Streak I can see people getting worked up about. The Squad Mate is nothing more than a distraction post nerf (prior to the nerf I could understand the frustration around him) and is best at capping or drawing attention away from you.

Outside of that how much of an impact is Support on a match? Assault is used far more than Support is so I think that argument is false. The problem with Assault that is often overlooked is chaining together streaks. Oh the skill needed to let your Attack Helicopter net you a few more kills until your Helo Pilot.

• 18. Re: No more support"streaks"
                        PUR4IDO

You must be a shitty player. You hate VSAT's, UAV's, High Streaks.. Is there anything you don't like, besides Shyt?

• 19. Re: No more support"streaks"
                          PUR4IDO

ghamorra wrote:

At 5 kills you get Riley the Wonder Dog, how is that skill? I've gotten as many as 5 in a single match. At most I've gotten 3 Oracles which is probably the only notable Support Streak I can see people getting worked up about. The Squad Mate is nothing more than a distraction post nerf (prior to the nerf I could understand the frustration around him) and is best at capping or drawing attention away from you.

Outside of that how much of an impact is Support on a match? Assault is used far more than Support is so I think that argument is false. The problem with Assault that is often overlooked is chaining together streaks. Oh the skill needed to let your Attack Helicopter net you a few more kills until your Helo Pilot.

Yes, there is more skill involved in dying & still getting rewarded. I just hope that Support streaks are an Infinity ward only feature.

1 2 3 4 Previous Next