19 Replies Latest reply on Jun 26, 2014 11:15 AM by FalconR6 RSS

Why do our CS/mod team use the account Activision Support?

I have asked this before as part of a more wide ranging thread, but did not receive an answer.

Widow, Huxtable, and Savage all have their own accounts. So why do I see "Activision Support" being used with their tags.

Reason I ask --> It's confusing.  The account seems to be bugged and does silly things like double post.

Knowing the answer would help the dialogue and cooperation between forumers and CS.

Calling BkfstWidow  SavageHam  FlavaSprinkles

More importantly I welcome any conversations that lets us forum vets get to know our mods better

Latest reply: on Jun 26, 2014 11:15 AM by Replies: 19 in GHOSTS SUPPORT
      FalconR6
        • Test #1
          Re: Why do our CS/mod team use the account Activision Support?

It could be some thing to do with the content of the thread, whether its a support issue or a ban issue??

Last Edited: Jun 8, 2014 9:40 AM
          • Test #1

curtti

Last Edited: Jun 8, 2014 9:59 AM
            • Test #1

Gypsy816   any chance of some clarification please.

Last Edited: Jun 10, 2014 1:51 AM
              • Test #1

Wonder if it's anything to do with this comment made in the Forum Moderators thread -

While these handles have belonged to the same agents for some time now, we do have the ability to move different agents in and out of them, so we don't have to create a new Mod account every time we change someones role with the team. This is why you will see a sign off at the end of each post (^MV), so you can identify who they are. We also have a number of other moderator handles we are not currently using.

Last Edited: Jun 10, 2014 2:19 AM
                • Test #1

Different Hats for different occasions imao

Last Edited: Jun 10, 2014 7:36 PM
                  • Test #1

The moderation team (OG, BkfstWidow, SavageHam) have the "Activision Support" tag on them due to the plug in used to moderate threads on the backend (the 48 hour to reply connection tool we mentioned earlier).

We can request a change from IT if you feel it'll make them more accessible or human to you. Thoughts on if it should be changed and what it should be changed to?

Last Edited: Jun 18, 2014 1:29 PM
                      • Test #1

It is confusing and I think impersonal.

We held our past mods in high regard because we got to know them.

Having the Activision Support tag seems rather clinical.

I have made my feelings known about the connection tool many times, so I shall keep this brief. It disconnects us forumers (who are trying to help out support) with CS; we can no longer work hand to hand with CS. Biggest problem being that folks asking for help have to wait 48 hours. Those of us who patrol the support section are getting very use to @ mentioning CS members to get them into threads quicker where we see them as being vital to whatever problem the OP is having.

Mikey stated that CS/IT were looking into alternatives/improvements for the system. ....waiting patiently..

Last Edited: Jun 19, 2014 6:07 AM
                          • Test #1

I hear ya, and we can look into alternative names for the mods, though they do technically fall under "Activision Support". We'll see what can be done in the connection tool.

Last Edited: Jun 19, 2014 10:29 AM
                              • Test #1

Just a note.

Widow / Savage / and Huxtable have dual roles. CS and Mods.I believe they have a difficult job, a balancing act.

Any future CS members who comes into the forum (perhaps from other avenues of CS) needs to understand the forum.

Our current CS/Mod team should be seen as 'mods' from higher up ATVI peer foremost. What I mean by this is the 4M is much larger than the Support Section.

Before the mod changeover we knew that mods were on deck. The mods would interact proactively with the boards. At the moment it feels that we need to @ mention CS members to call them into action as mods. I'm sure this is not the case,, as I would think that someone watches over the 4M as a whole (not stuck behind connection tool).

I understand that I am working on a perception basis, rather than reality, in giving my thoughts  I do not know exact roles of our mods/CS. The point I'm trying to get across is that it would be great to "see" more of the mods in general.

Last Edited: Jun 19, 2014 10:50 AM
                          • Test #1

Hey guys,

Just as an FYI, the moderator team is not using any tools for moderation purposes, and are not stuck behind any 48 hour grace period when it comes to moderation.

The tools we are using are bringing in support related cases that the community was unable to help with in the first 48 hours of them being posted. We are also combing through the support sections to make sure any questions the community does not have the ability to help with are manually pushed into our systems, so players aren't left waiting 48 hours for nothing.

Moderations are happening the same ways they always have, with agents looking at what has been reported by the community, and checking through the forums for anything that stands out. I think some of the delay on action is coming from internal processes requiring approvals that were sort of "forced" on us in attempt to prevent agents from upsetting the community. There was a lot of feedback around the moderators having too heavy a hand, and acting too quickly, and now it would seem there is feedback around them not acting quickly enough. We are working through our process to find a nice balance, and we will hopefully get there soon.

Also, as a note, we are a bit shorthanded at the moment, and are considering how we are structuring our support teams so there is a 24 hour presence by us in the forums, but we will look into it.

I believe it has always been our intention to identify positive, proactive members of the community through the gamification program, and let them earn some level of moderator status in the forums, to assist with these very things. It was removed from the store as we figure out what the application process looks like, and what a potential community moderator would look like. It obviously cant simply be based on points and level, as some people are attempting to earn things without actually being helpful or positive.

As always, we appreciate your feedback, and are very interested in changing the sentiment around the forums and what they are used for, both internally and externally. There are some really awesome people here, and we want them to have an awesome place to discuss Call of Duty, and other Activision games.

Thanks for the help, all.

Last Edited: Jun 23, 2014 12:27 PM
                            • Test #1

I think it's how we view the reply. For instance if it's a technical question they use the tag so the poster knows that "Activision Support" answered them. If it's an open ended question like your were a more personal response is perfered the use their forum name.

I would feel much better about a technical question if the person answering me went by "Microsoft Technical Support" rather than "jumbofranks". If that makes any sense.

Last Edited: Jun 26, 2014 10:10 AM
                                • Test #1

Quoting Gypsy from above:

'The moderation team (OG, BkfstWidow, SavageHam) have the "Activision Support" tag on them due to the plug in used to moderate threads on the backend (the 48 hour to reply connection tool we mentioned earlier).

We can request a change from IT if you feel it'll make them more accessible or human to you. Thoughts on if it should be changed and what it should be changed to?'

The CS team generally use their own tag in support.

I should mark this thread now, I had forgotten.

Last Edited: Jun 26, 2014 11:15 AM