1 6 7 8 9 10 Previous Next 98 Replies Latest reply: Apr 10, 2014 7:33 PM by nuttin2say Go to original post RSS
      • 80. Re: Got scammed by Activision and Sony
        Robaboa

i bought it for the ps3 and it works on both no problem but you have to be logged into the right account and ps4 must be activated for primary then it wil dl. good luck..........

• 81. Re: Got scammed by Activision and Sony

starbuckfrack wrote:

I got a cold so I am going to make this quick.

Remeber that statement made about the guy running into you at the green light even though you had the right of way ?. That is not saying you were at fault. That IS saying that even though you had the right of way you could have prevented it. You should try reading what is being posted in front of you. AGAIN.

QUOTE "What could YOU have done to prevent a guy running a red light and crashing into you ? Checked both ways anyway even if you had the right of way."

"Even though I got screwed over in this DLC and didnt do anything wrong what could I have done to prevent this"

"Even though my girlfreind and I got in a fight and it was her fault for cheating on me what could I have done to prevent this".

You rushed out to buy it the first day yet you say your a careful consumer. There were conflicting details already before you even bought it. Like for example the one of swords post I linked that you said you knew about. One if I saw it I would have STOPPED immediately and not made a purchase until I got the answer. Period. Which I said MANY times.

At least you can apologize for your assumptions a lot of people here wont. Hats off.

As for the sony situation CC info WAS still stolen, but the problem is (like I said) that sony did not notify its customers it was stolen. You REALLY need to stop assuming so much and start reading.

QUOTE "credit card info being stolen and them never informing customers,". . CC Info was stolen around January and they didnt inform the customers until 3 months later. Even though it was an old database they still didnt inform its customers. My bank will send out a new CC to me even if it THINKS someone got into their data. You dont need to bring the discussion into another tangent just because I never said anything about it being encrypted or not.

I swear the amount of times you misread what I typed makes me wonder if you didnt misread the PSN pages Just kidding.

i don't know why i keep responding...but,

the PSN went down on april 20th, sony sent out emails to a "network intrusion issue" on april 21st. they fully notified everyone about the information taken on april 25th, per Patrick Seybold on the PS blog. the PSN came back online on may 14th. 24 days total. hardly 3 months. all easily verifiable through google.

again, i don't know why you think anyone should have to wait to purchase things. people, myself included, expect companies to follow through on their offers. most of the time they do, but in the instances where they don't, that's where consumer protection laws come into play. there is no reason why they should not have had all of their ducks in a row. why should consumers not expect to get what they paid for?

as far as conflicting information. that's on activision. the conflicting information comes from their own sources. but, the actual "official" source, that they themselves refer us to, DID NOT change until *after* they put it out for sale. how was anyone supposed to know before *they* made the change, without notifying anyone. honestly, i had never even heard of OneofSwords' page until after this whole thing started. i get my information from "official" sources, not some dude who thinks he is "in-the-know". that's as bad as getting my information from a random forum poster.

again, you can keep saying that all you want, it doesn't make it right, nor does it excuse any company from breaking consumer protection laws. that's why the laws were created in the first place. to stop companies from doing exactly this type of thing. some of us, through the years, have taken gaming companies to task. sometimes it's worked, sometimes it hasn't.

some people sit back and do nothing...

i can read just fine. it's not my fault you're going off on tangents, creating non-existent scenarios, and generally not dealing with any of the facts. not to mention, the misinformation on things, like the above, with the PSN outage information. not trying to offend here, but can we stick to the facts about this issue if you're going to continue to post in the thread, please?

• 82. Re: Got scammed by Activision and Sony

Robaboa wrote:

i bought it for the ps3 and it works on both no problem but you have to be logged into the right account and ps4 must be activated for primary then it wil dl. good luck..........

thank you for the input. i have now been able to get it on my ps3, as i bought it on my ps4 and activision then changed the support page, after the sale, to show it would not transfer backwards. mine did, weeks after i bought it.

the biggest issue now are the people who purchased the onslaught DLC and the wolf skin, where originally activision said it would transfer and that it didn't matter where it was bought.

people based their purchase decision off of activisions support page information. then, after finding out it would not work, came here, and quite a few people found out that the support pages changed.

simply, people want exactly what they paid for, basing that information off of activisions own offer on the deal.

• 83. Re: Got scammed by Activision and Sony
              starbuckfrack

ctfw529 wrote:

starbuckfrack wrote:

I got a cold so I am going to make this quick.

Remeber that statement made about the guy running into you at the green light even though you had the right of way ?. That is not saying you were at fault. That IS saying that even though you had the right of way you could have prevented it. You should try reading what is being posted in front of you. AGAIN.

QUOTE "What could YOU have done to prevent a guy running a red light and crashing into you ? Checked both ways anyway even if you had the right of way."

"Even though I got screwed over in this DLC and didnt do anything wrong what could I have done to prevent this"

"Even though my girlfreind and I got in a fight and it was her fault for cheating on me what could I have done to prevent this".

You rushed out to buy it the first day yet you say your a careful consumer. There were conflicting details already before you even bought it. Like for example the one of swords post I linked that you said you knew about. One if I saw it I would have STOPPED immediately and not made a purchase until I got the answer. Period. Which I said MANY times.

At least you can apologize for your assumptions a lot of people here wont. Hats off.

As for the sony situation CC info WAS still stolen, but the problem is (like I said) that sony did not notify its customers it was stolen. You REALLY need to stop assuming so much and start reading.

QUOTE "credit card info being stolen and them never informing customers,". . CC Info was stolen around January and they didnt inform the customers until 3 months later. Even though it was an old database they still didnt inform its customers. My bank will send out a new CC to me even if it THINKS someone got into their data. You dont need to bring the discussion into another tangent just because I never said anything about it being encrypted or not.

I swear the amount of times you misread what I typed makes me wonder if you didnt misread the PSN pages Just kidding.

i don't know why i keep responding...but,

the PSN went down on april 20th, sony sent out emails to a "network intrusion issue" on april 21st. they fully notified everyone about the information taken on april 25th, per Patrick Seybold on the PS blog. the PSN came back online on may 14th. 24 days total. hardly 3 months. all easily verifiable through google.

Man you just want to keep arguing semantics dont you. You feel threatened or something ?

again, i don't know why you think anyone should have to wait to purchase things. people, myself included, expect companies to follow through on their offers. most of the time they do, but in the instances where they don't, that's where consumer protection laws come into play. there is no reason why they should not have had all of their ducks in a row. why should consumers not expect to get what they paid for?

as far as conflicting information. that's on activision. the conflicting information comes from their own sources. but, the actual "official" source, that they themselves refer us to, DID NOT change until *after* they put it out for sale. how was anyone supposed to know before *they* made the change, without notifying anyone. honestly, i had never even heard of OneofSwords' page until after this whole thing started. i get my information from "official" sources, not some dude who thinks he is "in-the-know". that's as bad as getting my information from a random forum poster.

so you didnt know about one of swords posts until after this thing started ? And you call yourself a careful consumer ?

again, you can keep saying that all you want, it doesn't make it right, nor does it excuse any company from breaking consumer protection laws. that's why the laws were created in the first place. to stop companies from doing exactly this type of thing. some of us, through the years, have taken gaming companies to task. sometimes it's worked, sometimes it hasn't.

some people sit back and do nothing...

i can read just fine. it's not my fault you're going off on tangents, creating non-existent scenarios, and generally not dealing with any of the facts. not to mention, the misinformation on things, like the above, with the PSN outage information. not trying to offend here, but can we stick to the facts about this issue if you're going to continue to post in the thread, please?

I know can we stick to the facts or are you going to go off on another tangent about how "wrong" I was about Sony. The whole Sony debacle started in January, not just the Sony downtime but since you want to just point out others mistakes in every single post they make. For example there is one case where a lady had CC info stolen and used in Feb and they never notified her of it. Yeah you might want to try google.

I give you an example of how Sony CC info was stolen and DID NOT inform customers, and you go off on a tangent about how I was wrong because that info was encrypted. Thats a tangent right there , especially when you didnt even read it correctly. I gave you an EXAMPLE and yet you need to further discuss that example about how wrong I was. You took a small portion of the discussion and went of on a whole paragraph of the history of sony about it. And I am going off on a tangent ? I am really surprised that the traffic light example you didnt go off on a tangent on that one. Oh wait thats right you didnt read it.

One of swords was another EXAMPLE. But the fact is that you knew the support page differed from the main sales page that it didnt cross transfer because you are a "smart consumer" BEFORE you made your purchase. The support page said it WAS transferable both ways and the sales page only said it was an upgrade. Regardless if they changed it correctly AFTER you bought it the discrepancy was there BEFORE you bought it. So to protect yourself you should have WAITED until you got a definite answer. The discrepancy or the "scam" was right in front of your eyes yet you still made the purchase. The fact that they modifed it after the fact was another portion of the "scam" but the "scam" was there when you reached for your wallet.

If I went into whataburger and the sign outside said 2.00 and the sign inside said 2.50 I would not make the purchase until they said the price was 2.00 like the sign outside says. Doesnt matter if they realize their mistake and change the sign outside I would still not make the purchase until they said 2.00.

THAT is why moderators delete posts cause its the same circular argument over and over again. So do you want to stick with the real discussion or do you think you might want "to jump down my freaking throat cause I missed a period somewhere" ?

you can read just fine ? Then why didnt you understand my example about the traffic light and still assume I said it was your fault ? Why did you miss the part where I said IF you bought the season pass ? Etc. Etc.

Heres sony response to consumers BTW ""It is also possible that your profile data, including purchase history and billing address (city, state, zip), and your PlayStation Network/Qriocity password security answers may have been obtained."

Yep it was encrypted all right. Nice of them letting people know until the last minute. But you just keep arguing about that too. In May Sony still wasnt sure what had been compromised.

• 84. Re: Got scammed by Activision and Sony

starbuckfrack wrote:

you can read just fine ? Then why didnt you understand my example about the traffic light and still assume I said it was your fault ? Why did you miss the part where I said IF you bought the season pass ? Etc. Etc.

those examples are irrelevant to the discussion. not arguing semantics at all, just correcting misinformation.

the traffic example is flawed because the other driver would still be responsible as they are the one who ran the red light, or however your driver was hit. i understood it just fine, just a silly analogy really, as you're trying to put fault on the driver who was hit, when, by your example, they had the right of way.

the season pass topic is irrelevant simply because i did not pre-order it, nor did the other people who are involved in this.

yes, i am a very careful consumer, i get my information from *official* sources, and only "official" sources. Swords is not one of those.

"One of swords was another EXAMPLE. But the fact is that you knew the support page differed from the main sales page that it didnt cross transfer because you are a "smart consumer" BEFORE you made your purchase. The support page said it WAS transferable both ways and the sales page only said it was an upgrade. Regardless if they changed it correctly AFTER you bought it the discrepancy was there BEFORE you bought it. So to protect yourself you should have WAITED until you got a definite answer. The discrepancy or the "scam" was right in front of your eyes yet you still made the purchase. The fact that they modifed it after the fact was another portion of the "scam" but the "scam" was there when you reached for your wallet."

where does this come from? where are you getting this information? i have stated many times that i made my purchase on February 27th, the afternoon Onslaught DLC went live on the PSN. the support page said that everything will transfer, no matter the console generation, until, at least, midnight, that day. most did not notice the change until the following few days. i, myself, linked that support page to another poster, on this site, on February 28th, and it was still the original page. it wasn't until i saw FalconR6's thread on here, the following week, in the support section, that i even knew it had changed.

and, what "sales page"? there was no "sales page". there was the "onslaught DLC compatibility" page on activisions support KB, that gave the original information, and that's it. as far as the information on the PSN page, it said nothing about transferability at all. the only thing on the "about" box, was the description of the DLC itself. got a link for a "sales page" on the DLC please? sonys response on that has been "we don't put the DLC offers together, that's up to the publisher".

so, no, there was NO discrepancy, through official channels, until *after* the DLC went live for sale. again, i don't know where you get your information, but i go to official sources.

• 85. Re: Got scammed by Activision and Sony
                  starbuckfrack

ctfw529 wrote:

starbuckfrack wrote:

those examples are irrelevant to the discussion. not arguing semantics at all, just correcting misinformation.

the traffic example is flawed because the other driver would still be responsible as they are the one who ran the red light, or however your driver was hit. i understood it just fine, just a silly analogy really, as you're trying to put fault on the driver who was hit, when, by your example, they had the right of way.

Again you dont know how to read I said "how can you prevent it" and "even though you arent at fault". I said it outright as an explanation of what I said yet you choose to ignore it. The other driver WAS responsible but how could you have prevented it ? Give you another example which you will ignore. You go out in the rain during a rainstorm and get stuck by lightening. How could you have prevented it ? You of course will still go outside because you arent at fault. It was a perfect example showing how one person can be at fault but how the other person could have prevented it. If you would have noticed the other guy wasnt stopping you could have put on the brakes. In your case you got screwed over by corporations before so you could have taken care not to have it done to you this time.

I BET you will have other posts in the past complaining about how you got ripped off by Activision before this game and here you are getting ripped off by them again ?

the season pass topic is irrelevant simply because i did not pre-order it, nor did the other people who are involved in this.

How many times do I have to say this. I never said you pre-ordered it. You also have no clue whatsoever how many people did or did not pre-order it nor do you have any idea how many people are involved in it. So you are telling me for a fact that not a single person pre-ordered the DLC ?

yes, i am a very careful consumer, i get my information from *official* sources, and only "official" sources. Swords is not one of those.

I took swords out of the equation. There were still actual official sources that conflicted.

"One of swords was another EXAMPLE. But the fact is that you knew the support page differed from the main sales page that it didnt cross transfer because you are a "smart consumer" BEFORE you made your purchase. The support page said it WAS transferable both ways and the sales page only said it was an upgrade. Regardless if they changed it correctly AFTER you bought it the discrepancy was there BEFORE you bought it. So to protect yourself you should have WAITED until you got a definite answer. The discrepancy or the "scam" was right in front of your eyes yet you still made the purchase. The fact that they modifed it after the fact was another portion of the "scam" but the "scam" was there when you reached for your wallet."

where does this come from? where are you getting this information? i have stated many times that i made my purchase on February 27th, the afternoon Onslaught DLC went live on the PSN. the support page said that everything will transfer, no matter the console generation, until, at least, midnight, that day. most did not notice the change until the following few days. i, myself, linked that support page to another poster, on this site, on February 28th, and it was still the original page. it wasn't until i saw FalconR6's thread on here, the following week, in the support section, that i even knew it had changed.

and, what "sales page"? there was no "sales page". there was the "onslaught DLC compatibility" page on activisions support KB, that gave the original information, and that's it. as far as the information on the PSN page, it said nothing about transferability at all. the only thing on the "about" box, was the description of the DLC itself. got a link for a "sales page" on the DLC please? sonys response on that has been "we don't put the DLC offers together, that's up to the publisher".

so, no, there was NO discrepancy, through official channels, until *after* the DLC went live for sale. again, i don't know where you get your information, but i go to official sources.

Heres a couple official sources

Call of Duty®: Ghosts || Season Pass

Call of Duty®: Ghosts || Call of Duty Next-Gen Upgrade

This page for example did not change. At All.

Call of Duty®: Ghosts Seamless Next Gen Upgrade Plans

Those pages are where a higher majority of the players get their details from, not searching for a out of the way page in the support section. They go to support when they NEED support.

At this point with your constantly argumentative attitude as well as you wanting to reword almost everything I said to benefit your argument I bet that you bought it on the PS4 first and when you found out it didnt downgrade you luckily foound a discrepancy and are desperately clinging to that.

• 86. Re: Got scammed by Activision and Sony
                    starbuckfrack

Sorry, missed this "th, the afternoon Onslaught DLC went live on the PSN. the support page said that everything will transfer, no matter the console generation,"

And a few days later it said it WOULDNT transfer. But them changing the page is not the point YET. The pages I linked above said that it WOULD NOT transfer both ways.

So there was a discrepancy there, so if you are so cautious then why did you buy it with that discrepancy ?

Could it be that you were only going off the support page ? Most careful consumers check many sources. The average consumer might go off ONE source but the careful consumer would doublecheck his sources?

So how many sources did you check that said it would transfer ? One ?

• 87. Re: Got scammed by Activision and Sony

starbuckfrack wrote:

ctfw529 wrote:

starbuckfrack wrote:

Again you dont know how to read I said "how can you prevent it" and "even though you arent at fault". I said it outright as an explanation of what I said yet you choose to ignore it. The other driver WAS responsible but how could you have prevented it ? Give you another example which you will ignore. You go out in the rain during a rainstorm and get stuck by lightening. How could you have prevented it ? You of course will still go outside because you arent at fault. It was a perfect example showing how one person can be at fault but how the other person could have prevented it. If you would have noticed the other guy wasnt stopping you could have put on the brakes. In your case you got screwed over by corporations before so you could have taken care not to have it done to you this time.

I BET you will have other posts in the past complaining about how you got ripped off by Activision before this game and here you are getting ripped off by them again ?

How many times do I have to say this. I never said you pre-ordered it. You also have no clue whatsoever how many people did or did not pre-order it nor do you have any idea how many people are involved in it. So you are telling me for a fact that not a single person pre-ordered the DLC ?

I took swords out of the equation. There were still actual official sources that conflicted.

Heres a couple official sources

Call of Duty®: Ghosts || Call of Duty Next-Gen Upgrade

This page for example did not change. At All.

Those pages are where a higher majority of the players get their details from, not searching for a out of the way page in the support section. They go to support when they NEED support.

At this point with your constantly argumentative attitude as well as you wanting to reword almost everything I said to benefit your argument I bet that you bought it on the PS4 first and when you found out it didnt downgrade you luckily foound a discrepancy and are desperately clinging to that.

please stop using analogies and please stay within the facts. i get where you're coming from with the traffic thing, but it does not apply. it is a "scenario" that does not apply. i should not have to wait "to see" anything when i buy something. i look at the information from the company selling it and i make my decision based on the information they give out. based on the information activision provided, leading up to the purchase, and that information being the same at the time of purchase is all i need to be protected by consumer law. please stop dealing in scenarios that are irrelevant.

i also get where you're applying the *if* to the pre-ordered season pass. but, why even bring it up then, if you knew i didn't pre-order it? if you didn't know that, i had already explained to you that i bought it the day it went on sale. ok, fine, we'll chalk that up to miscommunication. but, i do know that the people involved in this issue and are upset about this, the vocal ones, did not pre-order. i know this because we've all shared our situations with each other. never said it was "everyone", what i said was the people involved.

"I BET you will have other posts in the past complaining about how you got ripped off by Activision before this game and here you are getting ripped off by them again ?" nope, there you go assuming things again...i've never had a single problem with any purchases for any activision game, until now.

thanks for linking useless pages that do not discuss the transfer options at all. that was in the "Onslaught DLC Compatibility" page. which, is also the same page that activision support keeps linking to me, and others. so, if that's not the page i'm supposed to be looking at, then what page is it? how come activisions support keeps telling me that what is on that page is the correct info? i will say that the "next-gen upgrade" page shows "ps3 to ps4", but why would i search for a "next-gen upgrade" page when i'm looking for season pass info or DLC deals? wouldn't i just go to those pages? furthermore, how does anyone know if they added that before or after? hell, activision still won't admit they changed the page on the support site, nor their twitter support page. yet, they admitted to changing it on the facebook support page, which another poster has that facebook conversation linked, on here, and we all have it saved as well. even the page you say "didn't change. at all" doesn't specify anything about the DLC.

again, why are the support personnel linking the above page, if, as you say, the "majority of players get their details from" other pages? that do not deal with the DLC compatibility?

clinging to what? that i, with help from a fellow poster, found out that it *did* transfer backwards? the exact way activision said was impossible? yeah, i guess that lie is all another part of it. the point is, is that it did work, and it worked the way activision said it would, for the season pass. they're just to stupid to figure it out. that's the only reason i bring that up, is because they told me that sony doesn't allow that, yet i was able to do it, no problem. i have also helped 3 others do it this way over at playstation.com.

i'm not clinging to anything buddy, all i'm doing is trying to make the gaming world a little better for all of us. so, we don't have to wonder if activision is going to stand by their offers in the future, and take them to task when they don't.

so, with this post, i say goodbye & good luck. i will not reply to you again, as it's pointless for both of us. we'll just have to agree to disagree and see where this all ends up.

• 88. Re: Got scammed by Activision and Sony
                        starbuckfrack

So do you want me to use a specific scenario that is relevant so I could better help out in this forum that you own ? Oh no wait YOU dont own this forum. Its called a PUBLIC forum where people can post whatever relevant or irrelevant scenario they please. How about I use a scenario where another person got screwed over buy Activision and Sony at the same time where on of them changed their policies at the last second. and you complain about ME going of on tangents when you just cant shut up about how offended you are about me using examples.

You want to stay on topic yet you keep going back to NOW How wrong I was to use a traffic scenario. So what is it, do you feel like less of a man because someone has a slightly different opinion then yours ?

Or is it the fact that even though I agree with some of what you say, since you arent wearing the pants in this thread you feel like less of a man ? Or could it be the fact that me posting here might even STOP Activision from wanting  to help you? Why do you feel the need to keep arguing with people that actually agree with you and are trying to help you understand some things ?

My "Bet statement" was OF COURSE an assumption, see how you dont know how to read.

As for again my EXAMPLES of official pages, of course thanks for again pointing out the examples I posted were wrong because you cant seem to find any yourself. Perhaps I should do your work for you ?.

You see how you consistent argumentative attitude gets you no where. I can do this all day. You were the one that started twisting my words and contradicting yourself every step of the way. You dont see me twisting your words or stating that any statements of yours are worthless or invalid because I dont need to throw my e-peen around. You first post was twisting my words and fighting everything I said. Must be nice twisting other people words around to get your jollies.

As I said good luck Don Quixote, your still chasing windmills. I know how ripped off you must feel because you got scammed out of a whole 15 dollars. Good luck spending a couple hundred dollars of your time trying to get back the 15 dollars you lost.

ADDITION. Sorry to add this but those pages ARE relevant to this case. They dont show anything to help you but they are relevant to this case. Those pages which you should have seen ONE of those pages being a smart consumer show the differences in the case. They mention that you can upgrade to the PS4 from the PS3. They do NOT say that its cross compatible. And as I said the one page that they didnt change says that too. A smart consumer would have noticed those differences and would have waited for an answer.

"i should not have to wait "to see" anything when i buy something." Another "smart consumer" that never heard of the term Buyer Beware. So when some company calls you and claims you won a free cruise you dont check up on them first ?

• 89. Re: Got scammed by Activision and Sony
                          rlbl

To be fair, OneofSowrds IS the ATVI community manager... so I would take what he says with a bit more than a grain of salt.

Now that the conversation has digressed to the point of absurd, I will state (my opinion) that I have to agree with starbuckfrack in principal:

There was conflicting information (be it between the upgrade pages, support pages, ATVI blogs, whatever).  Maybe it is because I know people (including myself) have been burned (even if only in their heads) before, but when the information is as clear as mud I tend to be cautious.  If a page said one thing, and then changed (for whatever reason), there is no denying that is bad PR and shows the that the right hand is not talking to left hand.

However... unless one has never had any dealings with business bureaucracy before, there is no excuse for making assumptions and decisions based on one source that may provide information that we want to see, when it potentially conflicts with something else.

The PS3 and PS4 are two different systems. I guessed (assumed?) that the ONLY reason why they allowed for upgrades* for certain games is because of the timing of the game release vis-a-vis the console releases (e.g. if the consoles were releases 1st, I doubt that they would offer upgrades. Proof: How many games are being release currently that give upgrade options if they are purchased for the PS3? If the answer is not "All of them", that is the proof right there)

One can argue all day, but it is what it is... unfortunately.

* The simple fact that there was a deadline on the upgrade told me that not all transfers would be honored forever, regardless of direction: currentgen->nextgen or vice versa .  Having said that, it would not make sense for one to buy the Season Pass for the PS3 and to only have some of the pre-purchased DLC not transfer.  Logically, anything bought after the upgrade window could not transfer.  If one made a decision based on misinformation, they cannot be held 100% at fault (unless there is conflict, which there was). To these unfortunate people, if nothing gets resolved I hope that the old saying "Fool me twice... shame on me" is ringing loud and clear.

1 6 7 8 9 10 Previous Next