29 Replies Latest reply: Sep 12, 2014 12:15 PM by Wolke RSS

Season Pass and Individual Map pack transfer changes.....Please clarify Atvi

FalconR6

Ok - so there has been a lot of confusion, especially for Playstation users on the ability to transfer content, specifically Map Packs/Season Pass.

Well - it seems that the rules, or should I say released information, has changed.

On the 8th of Feb I answered a Support question. I copied info from an article entitled : Call Of Duty: Ghosts DLC compatibility made available in the Acti Knowledge bank..

Call of Duty: Ghosts DLC Compatibility

Call of Duty: Ghosts DLC map packs are available in two ways:
      1. With the Call of Duty: Ghosts Season Pass, each DLC pack is pre-purchased and will be available to download on the day each pack is released.
      2. Each DLC map pack can be purchased individually though the in-game store, or through the Xbox Store or the PlayStation Store.
      If you plan on playing the DLC map packs on more than one console generation (i.e. both Xbox 360 and Xbox One), please refer to the following guide:

Xbox
      DLC transferring between Xbox 360 and Xbox One depends on whether or not you purchased the DLC with a Call of Duty: Ghosts Season Pass.

If you have a Season Pass:
      • DLC purchased on Xbox 360 will transfer to Xbox One.
      • DLC purchased on Xbox One will not transfer to Xbox 360.

If you do not have a Season Pass:

• DLC purchased on Xbox 360 will not transfer to Xbox One.
      • DLC purchased on Xbox One will not transfer to Xbox 360.

PlayStation The Call of Duty: Ghosts Season Pass has no effect on DLC transferring between PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4.
      • DLC purchased on PlayStation 3 will transfer to PlayStation 4.
      • DLC purchased on PlayStation 4 will transfer to PlayStation 3.

................................................................................ ...........................................................

And now for the change:

Call of Duty: Ghosts DLC Compatibility

Call of Duty: Ghosts DLC map packs are available in two ways:

1. With the Call of Duty: Ghosts Season Pass, each DLC pack is pre-purchased and will be available to download on the day each pack is released.
      2. Each DLC map pack can be purchased individually though the in-game store, or through the Xbox Store or the PlayStation Store.

If you plan on playing the DLC map packs on more than one console generation (i.e. both Xbox 360 and Xbox One), please refer to the following guide:

• Content only transfers from the previous generation to current generation (Xbox 360 → Xbox One, PS3 → PS4). Content will not transfer backwards.
      • The only content that will transfer are map packs acquired though a Season Pass purchase. Individual map packs purchased individually do not transfer.
      • Customization Items do not transfer, including:
        • Personalization Packs
        • Legend Packs
        • Special Characters
        • Extra Slots Packs
        • The Wolf

................................................................................ .........

This "change of heart" has nothing to do with dates. Quite simply - it has changed.

According to the above when it comes to Playstation:

• Content now will only transfer from old to new generations.
      • Individual Map Packs no longer are transferable.

As for xbox - everything is as it was.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------

Dear Activision / Playstaion --> I think a lot of your customers would like an explanation. What is the actual truth of transferring DLC on the Playstation. The big advantage Playstation had going for it when it came to Ghosts was the ability to transfer both ways PS3<-->PS4, and the ability to transfer individual map packs.

As someone who helps out in support I have given the information you provided to a number of customers, and as such they have made purchases based on that information. I could easily list a multitude of threads where the above issue has become a sore point, I trust you can find them.

teanah  candyslexia  Gypsy816