5 Replies Latest reply: Mar 4, 2014 8:17 AM by SeeVee RSS

DirectX10 Compatible?

Yaerox

Hey guys,

I bought and activated CoD:Ghosts because I on the offizial homepage I met all requirements ... then I just saw, the requirements in the readme is alot higher then on the official page. I Got a GTX285 which looks like it will only support Direct X10. Can anyone tell me please, if he/she is running Ghosts with a GTX285?

Please help me out. Game crashing on start ....

• Re: DirectX10 Compatible?
          Momba1

Ghost requires a DirectX 11 GPU, period to work.

See - Call of Duty: Ghosts - PC Minimum & Recommended System Requirements

My recommendations: if going Nvidia a GTX 760 2GB or recommended GTX 770 or if AMD then HD 7970 GE or R9 280X. Frankly unless you're pegging the 90 FPS max you're at a disadvantage in Multiplayer.

Yaerox

I can't buy a 3.0 PCI-E GraphicsCard if my mainboard doesnt support this

My PC is closely 5 years old. Just got a new Graphics Card (GTX 285 and a new quad-core CPU). I can play BF4 but no CoD ... seems pretty stupid for me ... anyway, u think a GTX550 should be enough to play?

hueydriver

PCIE 3.0 and 2.0 uses the same slot. The only differences is their bus speed. So if you plug a PCIE 3.0 card in PCIE 2.0 slot, then you'll have 2.0 speed (5GT/s) instead of 3.0 (8GT/s).    

Momba1

What [hueydriver] said is correct, but if your CPU is pre LGA 1366 or LGA 1156 then your CPU will end up bottle necking games that are both CPU & GPU intensive. A GTX 550 would not help much if at all, I mothballed a pair of GTX 560 in SLI for Ghosts from BO2.

SeeVee

Your lucky you can play BF4 and it probably doesn't look too great I'm sure. If your PC is 5 yrs old you need to scrap that box and build anew my friend. That's just the simple fact.

Look at your PC like a car. If the engine your trying to run is too big for the chassis and frame you shouldn't be buying that engine... you should be buying a whole new car.