23 Replies Latest reply: Feb 25, 2014 9:22 AM by WiimotesRus02 RSS

So every other system got another patch

T_Knight

Who wants to take bets on how long it'll take Treyarch to get off their 6's and actually fix the problems in the beta version of Ghosts for the Wii U.

One month? Two months? They lied and the patch is never coming?

• Re: So every other system got another patch
          BobbyMcGee

except theyve already patched it several times, so its not a "beta version" and trey confirmed the patch again a day or two ago, and 2xp is live.

what exactly is in the patches that you are in such desperate need of anyhow?

BobbyMcGee

i would like to get freight fixed, msbs nerf, tracker/thermal nerf for maniac and jugg etc, but read the comments below and you will see the same complaints about spawns regardless of fixes. not to mention i find it hilarious that heavy duty has been pulled from every playlist!

Ghosts Xbox One Updates (8/5/14)

Kit_n_Kaboodle

So matchmaking , respawns , frame rate & connection stability are not a problem ?

I'm sorry BobbyMcGee , I agree with alot that you write but with the patches fiasco i strongly disagree . This game has an more than likely always will be a beta version as it was broken from the get go .Regardless of how many patches they have or will release ,the game was never tested outside of the production studio .....No amount of patches or hotfixes can polish this turd .

As for what the OP wrote , We have been screwed in many different ways .

I know many including me have blamed ATU for the lack of patches but the blame falls into IW hands , the treyarch team can only make patches under IW's acceptance .

ATU will keep updating the twitter feed ( ridiculous as there is a friggin forum for this ) just to keep the peace and stop the forum falling into total anarchy .In all fairness ,If a patch ever gets created it will only address the operations bug and possibly the freight glitch .The patch list for other consoles has gotten too big to be able to add all the other patches and hotfixes to the wii U version .

IW would never allow treyarch to pi$$ around so much with the coding of the game just incase they screwed the game up more than it already is .Think back to BLOPS and the patches that happened ,Off the top of my head i can remember 2 patches that screwed up and you had to wait for them to patch the patch .

If they fooked a huge patch up the game would be unplayable and who knohws how long it would take for them to patch another patch .

So if a patch ever makes it this way ( still not holding my breathe ) it will either be a small patch that fixes the 2 things above or will fix some random bug that 1 member had at the beginning of the games release .

BobbyMcGee

since it is an iw game matchmaking will only be addressed if its a cross-platform issue. and yes you are 100% correct about the treyarch team, however the last few patches on blops2 were large, and we had to wait for them. i still believe they will release another large patch, since an actual dev stated they would like a day ago.

WiimotesRus02

It matters not, no amount of patching will make this game any good, they're simply wasting time and money with this game. I played today for the first time in 6 weeks, and although I had 1 game going 21 - 0, it is unbelievably bad. Unless this stupid lag comp BS is fixed, no patches will make this game playable for the majority of players. Tonight I listened to US and euro players all complain about getting shot by invisible players, or emptying a clip into someone only for them to get blasted by a shotgun or something. Its not just bad, its ridiculously off the scale bad, and if its not like that for you, you're not playing the same game my friend, you can't possibly have any idea what bad is..

BobbyMcGee

yeah i saw you on, stupid me for thinking you might have anything good to say. idk, im not trying to be a jerk, i dont care to defend the game anymore anyhow, not my job. all i know is i dont have these lag issues, not with the frequency you describe, i have a whole friendslist of players, prob 50+, and apart from the occasional laggy match none of them are having the issues you describe either. im not saying youre exaggerating but i know plenty of players who arent seeing this.

BobbyMcGee

WiimotesRus02 wrote:

Unless this stupid lag comp BS is fixed, no patches will make this game playable for the majority of players. Tonight I listened to US and euro players all complain about getting shot by invisible players, or emptying a clip into someone only for them to get blasted by a shotgun or something.

hardcore MATCHMAKING, yes?

WiimotesRus02

BobbyMcGee wrote:

WiimotesRus02 wrote:

Unless this stupid lag comp BS is fixed, no patches will make this game playable for the majority of players. Tonight I listened to US and euro players all complain about getting shot by invisible players, or emptying a clip into someone only for them to get blasted by a shotgun or something.

hardcore MATCHMAKING, yes?

Matchmaking has nothing to do with it. Its not hardcore specific either, it happens what ever mode I play when I can't find a HC match. And this getting disconnected from the servers and coming back on with a strict nat is also tiring. Going to check out a lan adaptor today..

BobbyMcGee

as you know im wired and open, if i get a disconnect 50/50 of me coming back mod or strict. if i hit the home button then re-connect 100% of the time it will change my nat, same as blops2. i still feel some of these problems are somehow miiverse related.

BobbyMcGee

WiimotesRus02 wrote:

BobbyMcGee wrote:

WiimotesRus02 wrote:

Going to check out a lan adaptor today..

please for the love of god do this!

WiimotesRus02

BobbyMcGee wrote:

WiimotesRus02 wrote:

BobbyMcGee wrote:

WiimotesRus02 wrote:

I couldn't get into town today and the local electrical store didn't have one. We have a stupid Sunday law which means shops have to close at 4pm. I'll get one in the week..

WiimotesRus02

241c1e1f4928fe965ce9d4510d3fd56d wrote:

BobbyMcGee wrote:

WiimotesRus02 wrote:

BobbyMcGee wrote:

WiimotesRus02 wrote:

I couldn't get into town today and the local electrical store didn't have one. We have a stupid Sunday law which means shops have to close at 4pm. I'll get one in the week..

I went every where in my town today, from 2nd hand shops to Game.UK and no one had an adapter, so I ordered one from amazon, won't be here until next week sometime but its on its way. Funny thing while I was in Game store, 3 people were selling their PS4 version of this game, one person I spoke to said he just thought the game was boring and another said he had never played a game as broken as this before, and this is on PS4. When I mentioned I played it on WiiU and we have problems too he just laughed. He said he had various problems with his console with all kinds of stuff but I wasn't paying too much attention as I was anxious to get back to my car, I was illegally parked and in a hurry..

WiimotesRus02

Kit_n_Kaboodle wrote:

I know many including me have blamed ATU for the lack of patches but the blame falls into IW hands , the treyarch team can only make patches under IW's acceptance .

Treyarch wouldn't know what to do any way. Nothing is really any worse than their BO2, they're both appalling games..

1. operations (just got new ones and now they are glitched) because i really like to do them

2. freight

3. spawns on warhawk for domination (spawnpoints dont change/flip, no matter what. spawntrapping hasn't been easier)

4. i would like to be able to use thermal, tracker, sniper scopes,... with the wiimote too

my top 4, although nr 3 & 4 are not gamebreaking for me. freight is a 'they should really patch it'. operation is 'MUST patch it' for me.

wajackbauer

Treyarch have already confirmed the patch will be hitting the Wii U. It will almost certainly be the last one the Wii U gets, so enjoy it.

like2nap03

Confirmed and supposed to have us caught up with the other systems.  At least caught up as of the 1/28 patch.  So that's good.  I don't know about the Freight glitch but the operations bug has been confirmed as a fix.  No word on what Wii U specific issues are there.

As far as lag goes I don't think they are doing anything to change the matchmaking.  If my memory servers me correctly IW hasn't changed that.  Anyone please feel free to correct if I'm wrong.  I've only glanced at the various patch notes.  They have a lot of stuff in them, but nothing game breaking.  Other than the spawns and a couple of weapon balance items I don't think I've experienced any of the issues listed in all those patch notes.

BobbyMcGee

it would be nice if shield users couldnt abuse the c4 exploit anymore, like every other console getting that fix....................

like2nap03

BobbyMcGee wrote:

it would be nice if shield users couldnt abuse the c4 exploit anymore, like every other console getting that fix....................

Oh yeah.  I forgot about that.  I'm baffled as to why that wasn't fixed a long time ago.  It's been a known issue with tons of popular youtubers posting videos about it.  And tweeting about it.  I'll be surprised if we get that.  They never fixed the C4 gltich in BLOPS 2 on Wii U either.  The one where it would detonate but not do any damage that reared it's ugly head at least once a match for me every time I used C4.  I think they just now released the spawn fixes too.  We really need that.  I got spawn killed 3 times in a row last night.  The 4th spawn was also right in front of someone.  I barely survived that.  So I died once, then got spawn killed 3 times and almost a 4th time.  Those were my only 4 deaths but dang it sucks when that happens.

LucaPac

If a game has many problems and receives a patch in few weeks it still can sell well, if a games has many problems (respawns are a big big big problem) and receives a patch only after 4 months well, the game is already dead and the patch won't change its fate