17 Replies Latest reply: Feb 23, 2014 8:15 PM by TheDarkOne123 RSS

Has anyone acknowledged the recent lag

I want to know if any of the staff or the mods on this forum acknowledged the recent lag that has been going on. My KD has dropped from 1.52 to 1.35 in just 3 days. I am constantly getting killed by somebody that is looking in another direction. Here is info on my connection I am also hard wired. Speedtest.net by Ookla - My Results

• Re: Has anyone acknowledged the recent lag
          Jaggajatt187

I doubt anyone will acknowledge it.

I didn't really notice it at first because I hadn't fired up my PS4 in a month because I was on vacation. When I got back I initially thought everyone had just gotten a lot better. After a few days when people I was shooting in the back were turning around and killing me I knew something wasnt right. Hopefully this new patch makes it better.

Izjar11

kse09 wrote:

I want to know if any of the staff or the mods on this forum acknowledged the recent lag that has been going on. My KD has dropped from 1.52 to 1.35 in just 3 days. I am constantly getting killed by somebody that is looking in another direction. Here is info on my connection I am also hard wired. Speedtest.net by Ookla - My Results

The moderators have nothing to do with how the game performs, I have been speaking about the issues since 02/06/2014

here: Choppy games / latency increase

Greatgollymsmolly

Yes they have.  I made a thread and posted my connection specs and someone answered and said it was a known issue they were working on.

in the 2 months I have been playing I have never noticed lag outside of this delay when I go to kill a dude.  last couple days though I have seen rubber banding for the first time.

this delay is a total deal breaker though.  I get the drop on a guy... I start pumping rounds in them.  Bam.  I'm dead. Kill cam shows me just standing there and in most cases I don't even get a round off.  Sometimes it's really bad... I'll be shooting a guy and in the replay im not even facing the right way.  It's like I'm literally a half a second behind whoever I'm shooting at.  The hit detection in this game is so good I am confident the kill cam is showing the moment correctly.

absolutely love this game but this is just way too frustrating.  It's like playing with a massive handicap.  I'm not that great to begin with but after they fix this (if it gets fixed) I'll be friggn amazing.  Still come in first sometimes with this bullcrap but I am quitting out of so many matches my stats are horrible.

i Know I shouldn't be quitting out of matches but man this is just so fn maddening.  I am pumping half a clip in dudes sometimes and I see the bullets hit but they aren't counting because of this delay between me and them.  I'm literally a half second behind.

xlwolfshirt1

I don't understand why the older games like MW2 didn't have this issue, but the newer ones do.

They found a way to break a crucial gameplay mechanic on the same engine they've been using for a decade.  Incredible.

GrampaStyle

I think the lag issues are much more prominent since the last update.

the_eon

It was shocking last night, the worst I have seen it since I bought the console 3 weeks ago. If it makes you feel much better my ps3 friends were saying it was bad on there last night as well.

It's either something to do with the upcoming patch or too many people on for the servers to cope!!

You would think that the more people on the better the matchmaking should be.It just seems to me (it was the same with blops) that the more people on the worse the lag.

I give up trying to work out what;s going with the connection in this franchise. It's a complete lottery in how well you do.

bagsta69

I fear that one of the issues contributing to the problem is that in many cases people with reasonable to very good internet are getting hit hard by whatever is coded into the game.
                      This in turn is leading to people throttling their connection which in turn leads to more laggy lobbies and "rubber banding" and frame rate drops.
                      I live in central UK and ping 24 MS to southern Italy and most of the rest of Europe, 5 upload 21 down. Wired in dmz etc etc and I get insta killed all the time.
                      mw and mw2 were the last reasonable connections for me. ALL and I do mean ALL the other releases have been OK to start with then each update the connection gets worse till it becomes unplayable.

Now before some of the regulars jump down my throat and tell me to stfu and that  I don't know what I'm talking about I will simply tell you what I have done. I am not advising anybody else to try this or that this is fact, I am simply stating my observations, but maybe this could get reported back to somebody.
                      This morning I have throttled my upload speed to 700kbs instead of the 4-5 MB I can get.
                      Now it isn't brilliant but it is playable. Switch back to no QOS hammered insta killed all over the place lucky to get 4 or 5 kills per game.
                      This has been the same for far too many of the recent call of duty games and to be honest it's about time it was fixed. 3-4 years to sort it out and still the same issues!!!!! I know there will always be a bit of lag and the game cannot run without lag compensation but they have to be able to offer up a better gaming experience than this.
                      Cheers, happy hunting.

Inforza

for me the lag isnt bad at all.. the game has been threaten me very well concerning the lag.. but i did notice for some of my clan mates its just unplayable the game.. but for those bo2 was playable which i had more problems with..

but since the new patch i notice that the game freezes more.. had it 3 times this morning.. 1 time just when we finished the game and it froze in the lobby.. and 2 times in the game.. both when we where very close to our win in domination

goatforcce

The biggest problem I am having with the lag is the inconsistency of it. One game your running better than most dropping people in 2/3 shots the next game with the same people, same weapons etc and it takes 7/8/9 bullets and they still don't die. It is clearly something to do with hosts and servers.

There is nothing more frustrating than knowing you have put 7/8 bullets into someone and got hitmarkers only to see on the killcam that you never shot them.

I, like many others, love this game when it is running smoothly. It is a fantastic game but this issue (especially in the last day or two) is causing this game to be more of a frustration than an enjoyment.

goatforcce

Perfect example just happened, I went 70 kills - 19 deaths and 16 captures, couldn't be touched. Next game i was 2 kills to 12 deaths and couldn't get my weapon up before being shot.

I didn't just suddenly become a bad player in the next game.

COD Ghosts is completely inconsistent and it is more about how lucky you are with connection to the host/server than anything else.

the_eon

I've just started clan wars and quit out for the night. I have fast reliable fibre Internet and up until a few weeks ago this game ran mostly fine. Now every match is like playing 2kd players.  I'm dying instantly even against low kd players.  Kill cam shows me so far behind.  I thought I had left this behind in BLOPS2 but it's back.

Greatgollymsmolly

Game haas become unplayable for Me.  It really does seem like people who have fast connections are being hit with this delay crap in the kill cam.

my brother has a decent connection nothing great and he was going 16-0 today and kicking ass.  I usually play better than him and I was going 2-12 and crap like that.  This is horrible.

at one point on siege we were both at a window and I was there first and he says "hey man... you planning on shooting that guy or are you just gonna stand there and stare at him?"  Like I'm some kind of dumbass that just forgot how to play or something.  I was shooting the whole time he was saying that.

he has 3-4 down and barely over 1 up with about 30ms ping.  I tested my connection and I was 60 down, 11 up with 18ms ping.

so I am basically being penalized for having an awesome connection I guess.

i Was pissed man.  I rage quit after that.  I know that's childish but I am sick of having to pump twice as many rounds into a guy to kill them as everyone else.  Also if I complain it makes me look like a loser so I keep my mouth shut.  The only plus was he witnessed me having the delay because I started running out and shooting dudes at the end of the match in frustration.  He could hear me shooting but when it showed the replay at the end of the match (we lost) My toon wasn't even firing at the guy.  My character got gunned down before I could even raise my weapon but on my screen I was firing shots.

im done with this.  I kind of wish I could get the map pack refunded.  Hate to be a ***** but this just totally blows.  I already pay top $ for internet and now I'm getting gimped for it.

the_eon

Well its no better today. How can I go from a 2.8kd to going negative in every game.  It's just going slowly downhill to the point where people will start gimping their connection .