24 Replies Latest reply: Apr 3, 2014 7:40 AM by G SOLID PRIMAL RSS

Riot Shields & C4 in S&R/S&D

I am absolutely appalled that Infinity Ward has not jumped on this exploitation sooner. I'm 100% done with playing Search game modes, because there is ALWAYS someone using this set-up; Riot Shield with Radar, C4 and extra lethal, Reflex, and Strong Arm, or some variation of it. It is completely frustrating when an enemy has an unbeatable set up that has no weaknesses, and you simply cannot beat it. This is a GLITCH that needs to be patched IMMEDIATELY. Until then, I am quitting Search games. I know that Inifinity Ward will probably not give a **** and just let the OP Riot Shield run free until Treyarch comes out with the next Call of Duty, but I know I am not the only one who is getting frustrated over people exploiting this set-up, especially in a game mode where you only have one life.

• Re: Riot Shields & C4 in S&R/S&D
          Wistle

Your not alone...

Riot Shields WAY OP needs patch

Riot Shield @ C4 combo

Riot Shield + C4 Are Ruining Search - Solutions Included

What your post and these others have in common is that the Riot/C4 + the accompanying perks/launcher = a huge problem in Search Game Modes... Hopefully, IW will take a look and tone this setup down. Until then, I only play Search during Clan Wars - when I have to...

The hate for riot shields is real everywhere

TheProphetMark

Riot Shields are a part of the game, so don't get mad because things are not working out for you. It's sad how people do that, always need to complain about things when something doesn't go their way. I hate Riot Shields as much as the next guy, not because I die from them but because I HATE to spray and hurt my accuracy because of them.

Use Off The Grid to counter the radar, use Blast Shield to counter the C4s. Run away when you see them if you feel like you don't stand a chance against them. It's always the tryhards who get mad because they don't want to change the way they play and adapt to face those who uses Shields.

I don't mind them, because I don't take the game seriously like the lot of you to the point where I need to complain about every little thing when something doesn't go my way. I have it worse than most of you because I lost most of my hearing and can't rely on footsteps and soundwhore like the lot of you. It's time you guys start appreciating the game for what it is and stop taking it for granted. IW is laughing at every single one of you cry babies who moan and cry about how they die in a game. If you were only intelligent enough to know why - you would find it as hilarious too.

When something isn't going your way, try something different. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

No disrespect to anyone, but that's just how I see it.

Wistle

TheProphetMark wrote:

Riot Shields are a part of the game, so don't get mad because things are not working out for you. It's sad how people do that, always need to complain about things when something doesn't go their way. I hate Riot Shields as much as the next guy, not because I die from them but because I HATE to spray and hurt my accuracy because of them.

Use Off The Grid to counter the radar, use Blast Shield to counter the C4s. Run away when you see them if you feel like you don't stand a chance against them. It's always the tryhards who get mad because they don't want to change the way they play and adapt to face those who uses Shields.

I don't mind them, because I don't take the game seriously like the lot of you to the point where I need to complain about every little thing when something doesn't go my way. I have it worse than most of you because I lost most of my hearing and can't rely on footsteps and soundwhore like the lot of you. It's time you guys start appreciating the game for what it is and stop taking it for granted. IW is laughing at every single one of you cry babies who moan and cry about how they die in a game. If you were only intelligent enough to know why - you would find it as hilarious too.

When something isn't going your way, try something different. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

No disrespect to anyone, but that's just how I see it.

Do you play S&R or S&D?  In any other game mode the RS/C4 guys are not a problem. The majority of these complaints all center around Search.

I ask because you offer solutions that lead me to believe that your not replying to the OP as a player that plays these game modes. These guys run Danger Close which nullifies Blast Shield. You also offer up just to simply run away... So lets say  I'm on Freight guarding the B bomb site and i see 2 shield guys (who no doubt would be accompanied by at least two other teammates) coming up out of the tunnel - I should just run away..? So then once they plant the bomb at B, I have somehow increased my chances of dealing with them..? I know I'm prolly coming across as a smartass, but that not the intent - please don't take it that way. I'm just trying to show that like Blast Shield, simply running away isn't a viable solution to this problem...

TheProphetMark

SnD is all I play.

And I do agree with your logic, they do usually head towards a bomb site of their choice, that's why it's wise to use Off The Grid, Lightweight, Marathon, Dead Silence and pray you successfully flank and kill them. You won't always succeed because that's the thing about humans, sometimes they keep repeating the same route over and over even if they keep dying but the smart ones will change their route accordingly. It's no excuse to get mad because you die from those who use Shields, people need to accept that their way won't always succeed and needs to learn to adapt.

I understand why you thought I didn't play SnD since I mentioned running away. I choose to run away if I can instead of spraying if I don't see a clear enough shot and hope the next time I come across them, they might not have any c4s left.

You're right that Blast Shield doesn't always work and that's usually because they have Danger Close equipped which almost always means that aren't using Dead Silence so use that advantage by hiding and listening for them. That's a huge advantage that people like me can't use. Use it.

My only advice is to get strong arm, reflex, and off the grid. Then hide in a tight corner with a Kastet ready and a backup C4. Wait for someone to fall into your trap. Once you see a riot shielder, wait a little bit to see if any more of the shielded @U(*&$@( come out, and if none, bomb away. If there's 2+, make sure they're close together, then bomb away. Then switch to your gun, advised is AK12 just in case more enemy are approaching for a strong, rapid fire.

TheProphetMark

But I can be reasonable, I can admit there is a problem with Riot Shields in SnD.

It's not so much the RS/C4 combo, it's the fact that the Shield can be equipped with Portable Radar. It's amazing how uncommon it is to not see people use Off The Grid. I'm beginning to think IW designed this game with the intention of forcing people to play out of their comfort zone than what we are used to in the past. That's why everybody is using Thermals, Tracker Sights, and dare I say it? The Riot Shield itself.

It has to do with the way the perk System is set up, a lot of people just don't want to make the sacrifice for Incog, or Off the Grid to avoid these things because there are better perks that better suit their play style. Nobody wants to go out of their comfort zone just to combat people who uses Shields.

The problem with Shields in SnD, they are extremely easy to get kills with because you know when the enemy is near you before they even do thanks to the Radar. It's extremely easy to kill unexpecting enemies and that's why some people like to rush like myself.

The only thing that would be reasonable is to simply remove the radar itself. Less people will start using it because people are will then actually have to look for their enemies and even when they spot them - their enemies might try to come up to them from an unexpected direction without knowing what way you are coming from unlike how the Riots with Radars work today.

So my solution, is to remove the Radar from Riot Shields. And this is coming from someone who likes to use the Riot Shield for fun, I know how easy it is to get kills with it because of the Radar alone. Frankly, it wouldn't be much fun without the Radar but the truth is - It is OP and something needs to be done about it. Just like something needs to be done about Dead Silence canceling out Amplify but I gave up that fight a long time ago and don't care for it much anymore. But maybe something can still be done about this situation.

Wistle

TheProphetMark wrote:

But I can be reasonable, I can admit there is a problem with Riot Shields in SnD.

I gave you a thumbs up on your reply based off this statement alone...

TheProphetMark wrote:

So my solution, is to remove the Radar from Riot Shields. And this is coming from someone who likes to use the Riot Shield for fun, I know how easy it is to get kills with it because of the Radar alone. Frankly, it wouldn't be much fun without the Radar but the truth is - It is OP and something needs to be done about it.

Honestly, if I was to make a numeric list of the problems with the RC/C4 guys and accompanying perks they use. The radar attachment would be towards the bottom... Like others have mentioned in defense of the RS in other posts - it is a support weapon, and does take two bashes to kill... Now hiding in a corner watching the radar pings waiting for an opportunity to switch to another primary/secondary (pistol) is a different discussion altogether... Like others I've seen suggesting before - just add a longer delay between ping pulses...

I think Danger Close nullifying Blast Shield should be looked at. The problem i see though is the 4 vs 2 perks points. The best solution in my eyes is just to remove the Danger Close perk altogether. Blast Shield would actually serve a purpose again...

RS users should be exposed when throwing any and all equipment. I don't understand why as the user - your screen shows the shield moving to the side to throw equipment but yet the opponent doesn't see this...

Riot Shield/Radar, Kastet, C4x2, (Danger Close, Extra Lethal, Strong Arm, Reflex). This class playing solo is extremely OP in Search. Paired with 5 others clan members with one or more running the same setup - its damn near unbeatable...

TheProphetMark

I still stand by my opinion though, that Radar on the Shield is why Rioters are becoming quite common in SnD. But we all have our opinions and I like yours too.

Danger Close should be taken out of the game in order to make the Blast Shield useful again but then again maybe that's why Danger Close is a 4 point perk to Counter them with.

Completely agree with the animation for Shields too. People deserves to have a chance to shoot at a Rioter within the second they throw the C4 before it lands near you.

One can only hope that IW will fix these things, with the amount of people upset over it, I'm sure they will since it's the reasonable thing to do. Tweet IW folks and tell them how you feel because you won't get their attention posting on here. Trust me.

Wistle

TheProphetMark wrote:

I still stand by my opinion though, that Radar on the Shield is why Rioters are becoming quite common in SnD. But we all have our opinions and I like yours too.

In the end you would know better than me, as I don't use the setup. Maybe the radar attachment doesn't bother me as much because as you yourself mentioned before - Off the Grid is the counter...

TheProphetMark wrote:

Danger Close should be taken out of the game in order to make the Blast Shield useful again but then again maybe that's why Danger Close is a 4 point perk to Counter them with.

This one bothers me the most. Blast Shield is a counter for explosives. Danger Close is essentially a counter for a counter. It makes Blast Shield a wasted perk costing the user 2 points... We all want balance in COD. No matter if were are talking weapons, perks, kill streaks etc... Imagine though if there were counter for counter perks across the board - how unbalanced it would become... Tired of IEDs, use SitRep, but what if there was another perk that countered it and made explosive invisible again? I could go on and on with other examples, but you get the idea... Danger Close doesn't fit - it needs to go away...

well then why dont we just not play with any perks...since  by what you are saying, all we will be doing is using counter perks that makes everybody elses perks useless, why even bother putting them on.....i thought that is a big joke...why give me a perk that has a counter measure...makes no sense...Balance....yeah ok....basically got a bunch of people running around with useless perks...there should not ever be a counter measure for certain perks....and some are just plain useless....even the perk setup is a big joke....they basically dictate how we play our game....Im getting real close to never touching another cod...if i cant have blast-shield/blind eye/incog/extra lethal/marathon/ off the grid/ with IED and LMG then i dont need to play this...seems like my perks are always 3 points and the run and gun people can have everything they want...all their crap is mostly 2 points...so im done till a cod that cares about other type players and not just run and gun scrubs....

Wistle

G SOLID PRIMAL wrote:

well then why dont we just not play with any perks...since  by what you are saying, all we will be doing is using counter perks that makes everybody elses perks useless, why even bother putting them on.....i thought that is a big joke...why give me a perk that has a counter measure...makes no sense...Balance....yeah ok....basically got a bunch of people running around with useless perks...there should not ever be a counter measure for certain perks...

I argued against this, not for it...

G SOLID PRIMAL wrote:

.even the perk setup is a big joke....they basically dictate how we play our game....

How..? Pick the perks that fit your play style...

The set up is OP even without Danger Close.  A C4 kills a blast shield user within a decent radius.  At worst, it weakens a player so a quick swap to a tube or a dual wield pistol just takes one shot.  With Danger Close riot shield classes are just over-the-top stupid.

TL_Bare_B_V2

Every time someone posts a Riot Shield + C4 thread I go into SnD just to hear the rage, the amount of butt hurt is unbelievable. I went 17 - 1 the other day, triple kill with my first C4.

I agree with the people that is complaining about riot shields...They completely ruin the game experience...all i play is domination and now is like every looser that is getting killed comes back with a riot shield and c4 and shotty...loosers....they should not even have this crap in a military shooter, this is not SWAT, im in the ARMY and i never seen a shotgun and a riot shield in the field...thats for scary  police...i dont even know why they have the shotguns in the same gameplay mode as assault rifles....riot shields should be taken out completely and Shotguns and sniper rifles should have their own gameplay mode. Untill then im done with ghost, i wont touch this game again...worst cod ever...sniper rifles and shotguns should be one game type and assault rifles and LMG should be one game type...the developers are always tryn to screw orver the LMG and Assault Rifle players by dumbing our weapons. They seem to prefer players that just runs around with shotys,steady aim and marathon cause they allways seem to fix their problems but dnt ever care about LMG and Assault users...so you im done with this game until they seperate the two play styles....this is a joke....no body runs around 100 miles per hour all over the map...its not very military and for me ruins a military shooter experience....oh well off to play Battlefield....done with this COD crap untill they fix it.

DalekonDrugs

OP don't be hurt if people disagree with you man some people defend this class for 2 reasons.

1. They use it and don't want changes.

2. They are argumentative and simply disagree just for arguments.

The majority of "normal" people agree that the current shield class is simply OP yes it is counter able but against good players can be difficult seeing as bast shield is really bad.

Te best solution is to make blast shield more viable and much more resistance to explosives.

TheProphetMark

I tweeted IW last night, and got a reply this morning. Apparently they will pass the suggestion along to consider removing the Portal Radar as an attachment for the Shield.

Shields have never been this big of a problem before until the Portal Radar came with it.

I agree that the Riot Shields need a slight nerf because of the ability to not be exposed when tossing explosives but other than that, the perks will not be nerfed and nor should they be.  Whenever my buddies and I run into a team of Riot Shield users just use the following:

Assault Rifle: Grenade Launcher attachement

Perks: Danger Close, Off the Grid, Recon, Sleight of Hand

If more than one person on your team uses this, you can decimate Riot Shields.  The Shield isnt strong enough to stop the noob tube and its a pretty easy double/triple kill when they all group together.  Or if you want to really piss them off just use a Riot Shield class with Radar.. Off the Grid. Reflex. 2 Lethal, and Akimbo P226 + Throwing Knives.

Just wait for them to walk right by, then pop em in the back with a knife cuz they couldnt ping you on radar.

When ppl come at you with a team of R/S, don't get frustrated just get creative.

Glitch? Exploit? ...Really? I'll give you that it's powerful in Search, but it isn't a glitch or exploit.

TacticSticks

This is just one of MANY posts about C4 + RS in search game modes and i do believe this is one of the most pressing issues of the game right now, along with server issues, and small things like the app. If we push hatd enough maybe we can get IW's attention!

C4 and Search and Destroy