1 10 11 12 13 14 Previous Next 155 Replies Latest reply: Jan 9, 2014 11:47 AM by ExtremeKiller70 Go to original post RSS
      • 110. Re: Lag Comp Needs to be dialed back a bit.
        nuttin2say

I was merely pointing out the pedantic nature of "I'm an expert" claims. But, since we have to be specific about titles, then I'll remain specific about the name of the issue. Lag and lag compensation are two different things.

You know, it is really hilarious how you guys get all worked up over someone pointing out details ... but then excuse yourself from those details. The bottom line is that whatever method the game uses to "balance" connectivity, interpolation assures constant and consistent adjustment. But because there can be no consistency between multiple connections, which you know, you're not going to get 100% consistent outcomes.

There's millions of people playing this game every single day. At any given moment, there are millions of events happening in 1000s of matches. The likelihood of seeing something that doesn't fit the mold, while statistically small, is numerically highly likely. Yet, knowing that, people want to come in and point out the 10 times something weird happened over the course of three or four hours of gameplay. If it isn't that, you have the small percentage of players who "consistently" experience lag (or "lag comp") throughout their gameplay. While there's no doubt that happens - it happened to me for a long time, for pete's sake - what that small percentage fails to comprehend is that the issue cannot possibly be with netcode or "rewinding" or any of the other highfalutin terms people want to apply. While on "I'll call it whatever I want," that's part of the problem - calling a lesion a cancer.

You're going the wrong direction on "teaching" me about etymology. "Pristine" gets its modern connotation because if something is ancient, it is closest to its original condition. Hence, "new or good condition."

• 111. Re: Lag Comp Needs to be dialed back a bit.
          nuttin2say

While I'm at it, why don't you scroll back within this thread and the "How bad is YOUR lag comp?" thread and note where, several times I've said that people are over-complicating the issue?

Take a look at that "pedantic" point of view and come back with another benighted postulation.

• 112. Re: Lag Comp Needs to be dialed back a bit.
            starbuckfrack

Hey Nuttin, guys.

On a humorous side note I just got back with a lunch date with my wife. The funny part was she had to go do jury duty and got let off a half hour after it started. What happened is the "guilty or non guilty" party died before the trial. So she had some time off

But there is too many posts to hop around to. I am going to stick to this link here as to not keep jumping around. So my response might just be there instead.

Re: How bad is your lag compensation?

I WILL ask this though and hopefully you can answer it in the other thread.Dongalmem....

But if you dont use the killcam to judge that you are 2 or 3 seconds off then how can you know you are 2 or 3 seconds off ?

• 113. Re: Lag Comp Needs to be dialed back a bit.
              nuttin2say

Holy cow Batman! That's incredible. I don't know if to laugh or to feel bad. If it was a mobster that got offed by another mobster, then I'd have to laugh. But if it was Granma or Grampa being tried for a parking ticket, that would be kinda sad.

• 114. Re: Lag Comp Needs to be dialed back a bit.
                starbuckfrack

I am sorry to say that me and my wife laughed. At lunch I said out of the blue "I got it. They were going to bring him to court and he was just hanging there !".

She couldnt eat for ten minutes

• 115. Re: Lag Comp Needs to be dialed back a bit.
                  DJ_Immortal

nuttin2say wrote:

There's millions of people playing this game every single day.

Youve not played it on PS4 I take it!!!!

• 116. Re: Lag Comp Needs to be dialed back a bit.
                    nuttin2say

Nope. I've never played it on PS3, either.

• 117. Re: Lag Comp Needs to be dialed back a bit.
                      starbuckfrack

Or the Wii U either

• 118. Re: Lag Comp Needs to be dialed back a bit.
                        nuttin2say

Yeah. Never played the Wii either. Now that I reflect back, I never got to play the Xbox One, either.

• 119. Re: Lag Comp Needs to be dialed back a bit.
                          deamonomic

XD usually its me arguing these points  nuttin XD just be ready for all the people who say that you said that it dont exist XD.

I just got my xbox one... but no games to play

1 10 11 12 13 14 Previous Next