1 7 8 9 10 11 Previous Next 104 Replies Latest reply: Feb 4, 2014 6:53 AM by rankismet Go to original post RSS
      • 80. Re: Why Patch the Snipers When There's Other Problems?
        Bielsalmighty

I'd hardly call the BO2 nerf 'serious', warranted or not

I dont understand why they nerfed the Ballista though, I'll happily agree with that.

• 81. Re: Why Patch the Snipers When There's Other Problems?
          iivrruummii

TL_Bare_B_V2 wrote:

QS isn't hard it's just LT RT, as simple as that.

This is how closed minded people see it.

• 82. Re: Why Patch the Snipers When There's Other Problems?
            SitRepPro

That was a silly nerf.  The Ballista sacrificed a large chunk of the torso as a OHK body multiplier for a faster ADS and they reduce its fire rate?  It was designed for faster sniping.  Many quickscopers will still prefer the DSR as an increase in 0.05s in ADS time to have the stomach hitbox is ideal.  So, for experienced snipers, the XPR became a decent choice.

• 83. Re: Why Patch the Snipers When There's Other Problems?
              Bielsalmighty

Yah, the Ballista required precision. The DSR was an OHK cannon in comparison. I'm sure there was a good reason for it, but nonetheless I'd love it to be properly explained because I'm still baffled by it...

• 84. Re: Why Patch the Snipers When There's Other Problems?
                Yppecaye_the_Dogged

rankismet wrote:

The only way it will be removed is if they completely alter ADS mechanics.

And that's not happening with Ghosts.

How do you square what you say here with this...

Sniper Rifles are something we are also looking into; as we said before, we changed Sniper Rifles from MW3 to Ghosts. Those changes are:

• The Quickdraw perk’s Aim Down Sight (ADS) speed scale was reduced significantly for Sniper Rifle.

Moving forward, we are testing adjustments to address the Time to Kill for Sniper Rifles versus other weapons. These Sniper Rifle balances include:

• An increase in overall ADS time.

http://community.callofduty.com/thread/200816738#.Ur1j4bRBqkY

Seem to be quite substantial alterations of ADS mechanics, don't you think?

• 85. Re: Why Patch the Snipers When There's Other Problems?
                  rankismet

Yppecaye_the_Dogged wrote:

rankismet wrote:

The only way it will be removed is if they completely alter ADS mechanics.

And that's not happening with Ghosts.

How do you square what you say here with this...

Sniper Rifles are something we are also looking into; as we said before, we changed Sniper Rifles from MW3 to Ghosts. Those changes are:

• The Quickdraw perk’s Aim Down Sight (ADS) speed scale was reduced significantly for Sniper Rifle.

Moving forward, we are testing adjustments to address the Time to Kill for Sniper Rifles versus other weapons. These Sniper Rifle balances include:

• An increase in overall ADS time.

http://community.callofduty.com/thread/200816738#.Ur1j4bRBqkY

Seem to be quite substantial alterations of ADS mechanics, don't you think?

Nothing wrong with my statement or position.

They are altering it... yes.

Completely altering it... no.

Until they do... QS will be in the game.

Happy New Year.

• 86. Re: Why Patch the Snipers When There's Other Problems?

People like to cry. This will forever be a debate. People hate on what they can't do

• 87. Re: Why Patch the Snipers When There's Other Problems?
                      Rayze666

I personally run a sniper on maps that are large (not great but i have a 1.404 k/d after a few ops dropped me), and hitting enemies with a sniper across the map is a feat in itself...I do NOT quickscope(i can, and am fairly good at it), i play a sniper class how it should be played, find a spot, pick off a few enemies, relocate.
                      As op stated...they really need to focus on other problems such as:
                      People running around 1 shotting other players with a honey badger(no dead eye or headshot)or other weapons that should require more than 1 bullet in regular game modes

Clans lobby boosting

A tiny health increase across all game modes, 2 bullet kills across the map with an SMG is ridiculous

The app actually WORKING

Riot shield should be banned from game modes like s&r and s&d, can't count how many times i've run into entire teams running Riot shield/C4. At least make it so that AP rounds can penetrate the shield, literally have dumped an ENTIRE LMG clip into a shield and it does nothing, even WITH AP rounds.

These are just a few of the fixes that should be focused on imho. And they should be rather simple. FFS, they can add a new game mode and nerf weapons, fix what NEEDS fixing...

• 88. Re: Why Patch the Snipers When There's Other Problems?

What about when I do check my corners and open fire on the sniper before they ADS, only to have them fake scope me 'boom' I'm dead.  Never mind how many rounds I'd put on them, how bloody red their screen was nor the fact that they never flinched but were so smoothly able to shoot one round directly on target while being fired upon.  Skill my ass, exploiting a game mechanic is more like it.

If those who crap scope can't see how having a OHK weapon from any range doesn't create an imbalance in the game so be it.  But I want an AR and or SMG that does the same thing and then maybe we'll see what you think about that.

• 89. Re: Why Patch the Snipers When There's Other Problems?
                          Bielsalmighty

SMGs cant kill cross-map in 2 bullets. Care to show me the statistics that say that they can? Feel free to pop onto the Denkirson site where they have the raw gun stat data which they pulled off the PC version. Honey Badger cannot 1 shot (apart from HC) and what you say about SMGs is grossly exaggerated thus helping absolutely no-one.

As for shields, why would you shoot at the shield? Thats what they want you to do. Danger close noob tubes/explosives or a class with maximum mobility is what you need to take them on.