1 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next 64 Replies Latest reply on Dec 2, 2013 6:13 PM by mcdonamw Go to original post RSS
      • Test #1
        40. Re: Xbox One Headset

Special thanks to mcdonamw and newm8n (sp?). I got it to work. Really appreciate all the help.

Last Edited: Nov 24, 2013 7:45 PM
        • Test #1
          41. Re: Xbox One Headset

if anyone wants to get macgyver with a soldering iron it seems its pretty straight forward to make an adaptor for headsets out of the existing one

Removed by Moderator

*disclaimer I really wouldnt attempt this if you arent confident of your skills

Last Edited: Nov 25, 2013 5:57 AM
          • Test #1
            42. Re: Xbox One Headset

Sorry Mac, had to remove the link. If someone attempted this and damage the equipment, we could be help responsible.

-Ice

Last Edited: Nov 25, 2013 5:58 AM
            • Test #1
              43. Re: Xbox One Headset

ahh ok no worries

Last Edited: Nov 25, 2013 6:03 AM
              • Test #1
                44. Re: Xbox One Headset

You're welcome.

On a side note, I ventured into this mod myself and I'm not sure I did it right.  I mean it's working (YAY!!!), but I have some volume issues.  I went the route of taking an existing 2.5mm cable, cutting one end off and then soldering the wires to the chat puck as described in the Funkydiver posting (which is now offline for some reason.. wonder if he got a cease/desist from MS).

Anyway I get voice and can use my mic, but I'm having a volume issue between the game volume and the chat volume.  I have the Astro mixamp so I can tweak the volume towards game or voice but as soon as I can hear one fine, I can hardly hear the other.. regardless of which side I go to.  I'm wondering if this is just a limitation of the sound from the Xbox and/or Ghosts (as there's no separate volume controls anywhere) or if I have bad solder joints.  Any ideas???

Last Edited: Nov 26, 2013 12:12 AM
                • Test #1
                  45. Re: Xbox One Headset

How on earth could you be held responsible?  That makes no sense.  And apparently moderation only comes in small waves.  Any link I put online here gets stripped automatically, yet this post has a link to a board that in turn links right back to what I originally linked.. yet it's there to stay.

Re: Is anyone using their Kinect for in-game chat in Ghosts?

Last Edited: Nov 26, 2013 12:14 AM
                  • Test #1
                    46. Re: Xbox One Headset

I wonder if it has to do with the ground which seems to act like a shield too. I partially know what you mean. Some players are more "muted" than others. Kinect mic works okay for chat but volume drops significantly.

Last Edited: Nov 26, 2013 8:07 AM
                    • Test #1
                      47. Re: Xbox One Headset

Yeah I was wondering about ground myself. The cable I have only has 3 wires with one being ground, but the new Xbox has 4 wires, with two of them being ground (one for speaker and one for mic). I split the one ground I had across the two on the chat puck. I wonder if that causes an issue.

It's either that or a limitation with that puck and my mix amp, eg. Not enough power being sent across the line. I dunno. I'm frustrated.

Last Edited: Nov 26, 2013 9:42 AM
                      • Test #1
                        48. Re: Xbox One Headset

Here is a post on sevensins about the mod. I have done this and works perfect. However do be careful to not let the wires touch or you will get an echo as my first mod had this issue. All fixed now and the second time was perfect. I used the connector from radio shack and all went well.

http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/mic-mod-turtle-beach-chat.1018593/

Last Edited: Nov 26, 2013 10:10 AM
                        • Test #1
                          49. Re: Xbox One Headset

What connector? The 2.5 mm cable?

Last Edited: Nov 26, 2013 1:28 PM
                          1 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next