10 Replies Latest reply: Nov 5, 2013 9:36 PM by piiwii RSS

Small tweaks, are these possible? a_trey_u?

piiwii

1) You can't see your connection quality anywhere (the 4 bars). Is it possible to bring this back?

2) The logic used on the countdown timer seems to be different now. It seems to wait for others to be ready which means you can wait 2x longer for the game to start (10-15 seconds instead of 5). Could the logic used to get the game started be altered so it's like BLOPS2?

3) I think you now need 8 people, not 6, to initiate a multiplayer game. This is going to be bad for the limited Wii U audience. Is it possible to scale this back?

4) Is it possible to limit connections to local games? I'm connecting to a lot of international games, which are really slow. In BLOPS2 I would almost always be connected to people only within my country.

5) Possible to add the KDR in the post-match results (like in BLOPS2)?

6) Could we have an option to display the leaderboard on the gamepad? I think it would be so much more useful than the map.

• Re: Small tweaks, are these possible? a_trey_u?
          nintendon't

Gotta agree about showing connection quality. It makes sense for Xbox/PS3 but with our small playerbase it's hard to tell if you're on a good host.

like2nap03

nintendon't wrote:

Gotta agree about showing connection quality. It makes sense for Xbox/PS3 but with our small playerbase it's hard to tell if you're on a good host.

This.  And the ability to search by region.  I'm shocked that we don't have that.  Well, I think we don't based on what people are saying.  Hoping to be home playing in about 2.5 hours.

DatBigSwitcha2

7) Can we have the option to jump by gesturing?

the when the game starts 10-15 second seems to happen with the host not starting ahead of everyone else, the host did wait that long half the time in BO2.

as for the pre game lobby, i hated the wait 15 second timer being reset every time somoene joined or left the lobby, wished it would rebalance but not reset the game start timer, sometimes it would take 2-3 extra minites to start the game do to that annoying BS.

6 people would suck on maps that large. but most of the time it still should be 6v6. filling up lobbies should be more important than BO2 this time around.

id like the say ping idea for the connection, would be alot more usefull. KDR, i would show KD spread or a stat relevent to the gamemode, and show KDR in there overall stats.

like the gamepad option, and its the only one i see realisticly happening.

piiwii

"6 people would suck on maps that large. but most of the time it still should be 6v6. filling up lobbies should be more important than BO2 this time around."

I see what you're saying, but I disagree.

When people can't connect to a game, they usually give up and quit very quickly. People just aren't patient enough.

So the point should be to get the game going, even if there aren't many people, then people will join as it progresses. That way at least you get to play while you build up the player count.   

barolb

Not sure what you mean by the countdown timer. If it's when the map's loaded and you're waiting for the timer to go down, just note that that is how it's suppose to be. If it's the lobby timer, then not sure. I don't own Ghosts. Just hanging around here to see how things are.

K/D isn't a focus on the scoreboard? Good.

piiwii

If it's when the map's loaded and you're waiting for the timer to go down, just note that that is how it's suppose to be. If it's the lobby timer, then not sure.

It's when the stage is fully loaded and you're just standing there waiting for it to start. It's literally 2x or 3x longer than BLOPS2.    

barolb

That's normal then. On PS3 Black Ops 1, you would wait 8-12 seconds or so. This way everyone starts off at the same time and there's no favoritism due to their connection. Like, for example, if you spawn in 10 seconds ahead of everyone else, you would have a chance to rush their spawn. On the other hand, the players on the team whose spawn is being rushed may get spawn killed or have very little time to react to the other team heading towards their spawn, in some cases. That's more balanced and in-line with the other platforms.

tl;dr That's normal and matches the other platforms.