23 Replies Latest reply: Sep 18, 2013 12:38 PM by GulfCoastGirl RSS

what did the newest UPDATE do?

Just had an update for xbox. Kicked everybody out of their game so they can update it. Anybody notice new additions or fixes please leave and discuss them here

• Re: what did the newest UPDATE do?

THank god. Finally the tank bullshit Fixed. Might have to play and watch the noobiness.

I had hoped they would fix it so the entire team had to press x to end game with the EE.....utter BS. Had a random end the game last night at round 25 after me and Smuther (agonizingly) carried them through the EE steps.

that always sucks. were they forum randoms or public lobby randoms?

nuclearfission69 wrote:

that always sucks. were they forum randoms or public lobby randoms?

Lobby randoms......one guy was OK but the ahole was IMO sending d-wad signals from the start. This is pretty much why I've only played twice in a week.....It rarely ends well with lobby randoms.

I think it sucks that treyarch would allow 1 person to trigger the EE ending.....makes me rethink my previous position on "when/how" it gives the achievement. We lost all our leverage to at least discuss when to end the game after he got his EE.

GulfCoastGirl

USarmyvet wrote:

I had hoped they would fix it so the entire team had to press x to end game with the EE.....utter BS. Had a random end the game last night at round 25 after me and Smuther (agonizingly) carried them through the EE steps.

Just make sure you get the Maxis drone before the random does.... problem solved.  You can't press X to end the game until the drone is thrown up so you want to control when that happens.

Also, you can the let the Templars take one of the generators.  I'm pretty sure we weren't able to end the game when one of our generators was down.

GulfCoastGirl wrote:

USarmyvet wrote:

Just make sure you get the Maxis drone before the random does.... problem solved.  You can't press X to end the game until the drone is thrown up so you want to control when that happens.

I'm a trusting person but I told Smuther the same thing after the game. The ahole was one step ahead of us.

It's one thing to quit and cap the LB's but to allow one player to be able to end the game for everyone without any choice is just wrong.

GulfCoastGirl

USarmyvet wrote:

GulfCoastGirl wrote:

USarmyvet wrote:

I'm a trusting person but I told Smuther the same thing after the game. The ahole was one step ahead of us.

It's one thing to quit and cap the LB's but to allow one player to be able to end the game for everyone without any choice is just wrong.

Yep, I know what you mean.   I rarely play with randoms anymore but the other night me and 2 friends did pick up a random for a 4 player.  We made it clear we were going for a long game (6+ hours)... he said he had the time and was really desperate to get the EE achievement.  At about the 3 hour mark he started whining about ending the game.  We had done the EE by round 17 and were playing on (my friend had grabbed the drone quickly).  He kept whining to do the end scene saying he had homework.  LOL... I finally told him to just stop whining because it wasn't going to happen and he was free to leave if he didn't like it.  He was host so I knew it would migrate and we could play on.

I don't mind ending the game if that's what we agreed on up front... a quick EE game with ending.... I do mind when people agree to a long game then start whining 2 hours in.

Did the fire flop get nerfed or did the other flops get upgraded? Can anybody answer? I'm too busy on GTA to get back on and play a game to test...lol

LORD_GRRR

This isn't what the patch fixed, but here's what I wish it fixed:

1. Players are now able to enter and drive the tank wherever they see fit
                          2. A second player is able to ride shotgun in the tank and manually control the flamethrower
                          3. Once killed, the carcass of the dead robot suit operator can now be removed and players can now wear the robot suit to fly around the map and hook and flame hordes of zombies while experiencing unprecedented armoured protection
                          4. Players may now carry up to 3 staffs at a time with mule kick
                          5. Extra perk slots that can be dug up after acquiring the golden shovel now spawn in predictable patterns, ending players' fruitless hot-footing around the map in blood mode
                          6. Bro-fist punches no longer periodically malfunction
                          7. Players are now rewarded with 9 perk slots immediately available upon completion of the easter egg
                          8. Ending cutscene has been removed and replaced with a new, much more gratifying cutscene involving a German-speaking Samantha, the absence of a sexist pubescent male, and real characters 

timelordalex

^this

2 and 3 would be awesome. Both the suit and the flamethrower remind me of the power loader from Aliens lol.

LORD_GRRR wrote:

Extra perk slots that can be dug up after acquiring the golden shovel now spawn in predictable patterns, ending players' fruitless hot-footing around the map in blood mode

This is quite annoying....I can see making something hard but this is nothing but dumb luck. It's created a version of mystery box addiction......digging addiction.

I've seen these red piles 2 times in all my hours of game play.

GulfCoastGirl

LORD_GRRR wrote:

This isn't what the patch fixed, but here's what I wish it fixed:

1. Players are now able to enter and drive the tank wherever they see fit
                                    2. A second player is able to ride shotgun in the tank and manually control the flamethrower
                                    3. Once killed, the carcass of the dead robot suit operator can now be removed and players can now wear the robot suit to fly around the map and hook and flame hordes of zombies while experiencing unprecedented armoured protection
                                    4. Players may now carry up to 3 staffs at a time with mule kick
                                    5. Extra perk slots that can be dug up after acquiring the golden shovel now spawn in predictable patterns, ending players' fruitless hot-footing around the map in blood mode
                                    6. Bro-fist punches no longer periodically malfunction
                                    7. Players are now rewarded with 9 perk slots immediately available upon completion of the easter egg
                                    8. Ending cutscene has been removed and replaced with a new, much more gratifying cutscene involving a German-speaking Samantha, the absence of a sexist pubescent male, and real characters

photo bravosmiley.gif

DarkMega

Shame nothing got added to the rest of the maps. Was hoping for maybe a Wunderfizz on every map as a hot fix that would have made all the maps a little more fun Nuketown would have been a bit better with it.