1 3 4 5 6 7 8 Previous Next 75 Replies Latest reply: Sep 14, 2013 1:13 PM by aodhan567 Go to original post RSS
      • 40. Re: Marathon Pro/Unlimited Sprint

Just because marathon was showed does not mean it will be unlimited sprint. If you remember correctly marathon itself only gave you longer sprint, it was marathon pro that gave you unlimited sprint. And I dont see any pro versions or perk leveling shown in the game. There is no gurantee that it will be the pro version of marathon giving the unlimited sprint back in the game. It could just be longer sprint distance like extreme conditioning currently does in BO2.

• 41. Re: Marathon Pro/Unlimited Sprint

True but as they could change it still before the game is released or after release with a patch if it proves to be too much of an issue; but i doubt they would. since IW has awlays went with the unlimited sprint where 3arc always went with just longer sprint distance.

• 42. Re: Marathon Pro/Unlimited Sprint
            basketball1367

The video itself said "unlimited sprint..."

• 43. Re: Marathon Pro/Unlimited Sprint

Just becasue it shows that does not mean they cannot change it before the game is released ya know. They may decide not to do it; but knowing IW they will have unlimited for that is their gimmick, where 3arc uses longer distance as their gimmick.

• 44. Re: Marathon Pro/Unlimited Sprint
                vims1990

nicedrewishfela wrote:

If it does return.... I am hoping it is a More "Pricey" perk. Maybe 5 points out of the 8 Allotted. Why? Because the speed of the game is such that if people are flying around with unlimited sprint it can really mess up the animations, at least it has in the past.

Plus, the ability to get across the map so quickly should come at a cost, as it is a huge advantage.

5 is WAY too harsh just to get unlimited sprint in my opinion. The only other perk that has 5 points is Dead Eye and that increases the chance to get more bullet damage with each consecutive kill.

I mean with 5 points, it's more than the other perks that is far more useful than getting unlimited sprint i.e Off The Grid, Wiretap, Blast Shield etc which in their current build is 2 points.

3 points is fair but going beyond that is harsh for a sprinting perk.

• 45. Re: Marathon Pro/Unlimited Sprint
                  otisman666

Ellixander wrote:

I think it is unlimited in the vid yesterday they cycle through the perks

www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxlNGwvzQ0shttp://

at 1.26 it says Marathon = unlimited sprint

It sure does say that.  Your prayers have been answered Sarge, looks like IW does appreciate the concept of unlimited sprint.  BTW, it only costs 2 points.

• 46. Re: Marathon Pro/Unlimited Sprint
                    mdub

trialstardragon wrote:

Just becasue it shows that does not mean they cannot change it before the game is released ya know. They may decide not to do it; but knowing IW they will have unlimited for that is their gimmick, where 3arc uses longer distance as their gimmick.

It seems like the maps, are larger than BO2. It would make sense, that unlimited sprint, would return.

• 47. Re: Marathon Pro/Unlimited Sprint
                      RunAndGun1

I'm fine with unlimited sprint. Based on some of the maps I've seen so far they're easily 3-4 times larger then the average map on BO2. With unlimited sprint, you can keep your gameplay fast paced while still enjoying the benefits of larger maps. The main benefit of larger maps is better spawns. Or you can go without unlimited sprint and stealth your way around the map. Bottom line for me, is that larger maps are better then the clusterfk versions in BO2.

A lot of players didn't start playing COD until after World at War. Hence, they didn't experience the benefits of larger maps and assumed the worst. Then there are players who, possibly coming from other games, prefer CQC and are adverse to large maps. I think over time, players will come to play Ghosts in a way the suits their playstyles. I'm happy for the larger maps because it opens up COD to multiple playstyles. Not just the headless chicken gameplay of BO2. That may be fun for some. But I find non stop clusterfk gameplay gets boring real fast. Lately I've only been playing BO2 offline because the lag is ridiculous. Even though the bots play just as badly, if not worse, then real life players.

• 48. Re: Marathon Pro/Unlimited Sprint
                        mdub

RunAndGun1 wrote:

I'm fine with unlimited sprint. Based on some of the maps I've seen so far they're easily 3-4 times larger then the average map on BO2. With unlimited sprint, you can keep your gameplay fast paced while still enjoying the benefits of larger maps. The main benefit of larger maps is better spawns. Or you can go without unlimited sprint and stealth your way around the map. Bottom line for me, is that larger maps are better then the clusterfk versions in BO2.

A lot of players didn't start playing COD until after World at War. Hence, they didn't experience the benefits of larger maps and assumed the worst. Then there are players who, possibly coming from other games, prefer CQC and are adverse to large maps. I think over time, players will come to play Ghosts in a way the suits their playstyles. I'm happy for the larger maps because it opens up COD to multiple playstyles. Not just the headless chicken gameplay of BO2. That may be fun for some. But I find non stop clusterfk gameplay gets boring real fast. Lately I've only been playing BO2 offline because the lag is ridiculous. Even though the bots play just as badly, if not worse, then real life players.

Completely agree. BO2 maps are garbage. The game style they produced, is garbage.

Bigger maps = better spawns and better gameplay. Unlimited sprint will bridge the gap, for those that require rush, rush, rush.

• 49. Re: Marathon Pro/Unlimited Sprint
                          riffy08

I enjoyed the Marathon Pro perk on BO...It was not easily to achieve and I can't remember all the specifics of the requirements, but it was something I had to pursue, not just "play the game".  So, what I'm saying is that I like the thought of a Marathon Pro, but don't make it easy to get, make it a challenge.

1 3 4 5 6 7 8 Previous Next