16 Replies Latest reply: Sep 5, 2013 2:59 AM by rustygun RSS

Ideas for DLC Map Packs

Riririce

I know it is quite early to be talking about DLC for Ghosts already, but I had some ideas I thought would be cool to see. Since Infinity Ward is following Treyarch's steps in bringing 4 DLC Packs throughout the year, what if they were also to bring say 4 new multiplayer maps, but instead of a new zombies map like Treyarch they could give us another super dynamic map like the Free Fall one. So a few new standard multiplayer maps, a new super dynamic map like Free Fall is going to be, and then possibly some new weapons, soldier gear, game modes, etc. They could do this for each DLC and I think that would be pretty cool. What do you think? Give some of your ideas too, thanks

• Re: Ideas for DLC Map Packs
          Firesens

They should try re-making, re-texturing some maps from CoD1 for Ghosts.

That'd be cool, I didn't play really any Call of Duties prior to Call of Duty 4 (except when they remade Carentan as Chinatown). Some Call of Duty 4 maps wouldn't be bad either... lol

@ the OP, that's a good idea, I think a lot of the DLC maps will already be heavily dynamic, but the idea of additional gear would be awesome. I think it would be more likely to happen on next gen consoles because they'll probably say it's memory issues for the 360 and PS3 though

highlandsparky

For the first time ever I couldn't care less what they do with DLC content....

If I purchase the game....I certainly won't buy DLC maps.

I think they should try to make a MP map that is half under water half land map, a theme park map like six flags or something like that, or a map that is in a neighborhood that has been hit with a earth quake, tornado, or hurricane, or a map that is set on a cliff that is collapsing as you play, a map that is in a sinking cruise ship, or a map set in Washington DC after what ever it was that happened in Ghosts.          

RunAndGun1

I would like to see maps that have multiple levels. Like "Crash" in MW3 had buildings where you could get to the 2nd and 3rd floor, and on the roof of a building. It would be nice to see maps like that. Not just single level landscapes.

nicedrewishfela

Sorry, but this is a totally inappropriate discussion until we get our hands on the game.

DLC should supplement the game. I'd like to see what is lacking on release, and have the DLC fill in those gaps.

Way, way too early.

KTPhoenix

I believe that IW did this first, not Treyarch. MW3 had map packs through Elite. Treyarch followed IW example.

I hope we can enter every building and reach every roof within the confined space of the map. it makes no sense when there are only one or two rooms to enter of a building when really you should be able to enter any room and make it to the top of a roof. I also wish they would stick to a dlc every month instead of every three months. I liked the mw3 system.

RunAndGun1

Riririce wrote:

know it is quite early to be talking about DLC for Ghosts already, but I had some ideas I thought would be cool to see. Since Infinity Ward is following Treyarch's steps in bringing 4 DLC Packs throughout the year, what if they were also to bring say 4 new multiplayer maps, but instead of a new zombies map like Treyarch they could give us another super dynamic map like the Free Fall one. So a few new standard multiplayer maps, a new super dynamic map like Free Fall is going to be, and then possibly some new weapons, soldier gear, game modes, etc. They could do this for each DLC and I think that would be pretty cool. What do you think? Give some of your ideas too,

Actually I think it's too late to be talking about DLC for Ghosts. I would bet they've already laid out designs for all of the DLC maps. How far along they are in the production of the DLC is another story.

I, too, would like to see one new map every month instead of every three months. But again that assumes they've already produced the maps to keep up with monthly release pattern. I can see waiting three months for the first DLC because the game is released with 14 maps.

As far as buying the season pass, I will wait to see what maps are released with Ghosts. Based on the variety of maps that come with Ghosts should give me an idea of what may follow.

Eey Call Of Duty, in the DLC Packs, you have 4 multiplayer maps, butt thats it??? in black ops you had like a zombie map...

but here is no zombies, sooo,,, how are ya guys doing this? add like a weapon, or a few camo's, or like a game mode, : like WAR when you have a map that is like 4x bigger then normal and then u have like 20 players VS. 20 Players?

eey i trust you guys have fun doing this and make this the best cod in first person shooter history! ....

-dont bring back tACtical insertion                            -)   BOTH ARE FOR STOPPING BOOSTING

-dont bring like getting headshots for guns...             -)

rustygun

Id love to see a theme park map with moving rides you can get in. ferris wheel sniping, hell yeah! But no more remakes! All new maps, new classic maps. We should forget the past for a bit and start loving the new. Face off maps are essential